Stoner ingenuity

Wish I had a picture from days gone. I worked in a deli back in the day. I took an empty paper role (thick cardboard core of the paper). I taped up one end with a flap that could be opened like todays carb. The other end was taped off to better fit the face. A bowl was inserted about 3/4 up towards the flapper end. It would take one hit to fill the camber and one the second inhale you would open the flapper. Bam! right to the deep part of the lung.
That sounds great lol so basically like the new age gas masks but instead of a mini bong it was a steam roller.... I may try to recreate this tonight...... Stay tuned :idea::laugh:

You got it! I want to see pictures if you do!
I started to build something the other day but my toddler wanted all the stuff .....like all of it :rolleyes: :laugh: so I stopped... But I'll def post photos.

grav.jpg

Home made glass gravity bong. Cut the bottom off a wine bottle, epoxy a downstem into the top, set the whole thing in a pasta jar, get ripped!

grav.jpg

Home made glass gravity bong. Cut the bottom off a wine bottle, epoxy a downstem into the top, set the whole thing in a pasta jar, get ripped!
Way to sprinkle a little bit of fancy on smoking lol that's awesome.... Never tried to do glass as I'm not the gentlest of handlers. :laugh:

Way to sprinkle a little bit of fancy on smoking lol that's awesome.... Never tried to do glass as I'm not the gentlest of handlers. :laugh:
you can get a bottle cutter on amazon pretty cheap, you just score it, then dump alternating boiling and cold water over it and the bottom pops right off on its own. (may take a few bottles to get a clean break.... thicker glass is better). easy peasy.

psyched to see your steamroller!

Ok.......so I tried....oh man did I try lol so I managed to get everything to fit together and be tight.....but due to the type of mask it has extra filtering vents that would not allow for enough suction to draw through the bong:rolleyes: .....so I wasted a little bit of time lol I think if I really wanted a gas mask I'll just go to smoke shop and buy one for $30.... But it was worth a try all in the name of high tinkering.

Any way enjoy the pics.

IMG_20220602_185421424.jpg

IMG_20220602_185451094.jpg

IMG_20220602_185518430.jpg

IMG_20220602_191055384.jpg

IMG_20220602_191153903.jpg

Back in the 80’s my wife worked as a welder for a company that made radar domes for AWACS jets. The process involved dip brazing aluminum (basically putting an aluminum paste on the tubes and submerging them in molten salt). She made this out of some scrap pieces about 40 years ago.
IMG_2454.JPG

And it's all good lol you found it now....and that sounds interesting.. but you guys could have used the metal piece at end of pencil that holds eraser for a bowl head...they bend and puncture easy :cool:
You are totally THAT guy, aren't you? The AnswerMan of weed and more specifically how'ta get f'd up and stay that way. Bring it. In fact, "Waitress? Bring the table a few hundred bucks worth of whatever he's having".

You know, thinking about it, I stopped smoking weed sometime in the late 2000's and truthfully I can't remember why I stopped, but there woulda have to have been a good reason... so lets hope it wasn't worry over cognitive issues. :rofl:

And look, I was invested. It wasn't a light decision, I grew for 8 seasons outdoors and not for sport. But, I digress (it's what I do, you'll notice, and I'm more interested in doing it well than stopping). I have one clear memory of stoner ingenuity and I'm grateful to have been reminded of it by the thread.

My highschool was brand new when I entered highschool in grade 10 and we had the coolest auto-shop in the province, maybe the country. So, getting a cool car and working on it during school - for credit - was about the only thing outside of being of interest to NHL hockey scouts that got you any attention and could move you up the social ladder. My buddy had been saving up since he could first mow a lawn - I know, annoying right - and managed to score a truly wicked, dark red El Camino with a small block and a custom trans, in grd 11, that needed some rebuild but was truly demonic in all the good ways.

Well, one day we were working on it in class, I'll never forget I was there helping, and he cracked the case of this custom transmission which had apparently been made by God himself thus could not be replaced (teenage boy perspective, wasn't true of course). He could not bring himself to come to school for two days. Then it was the weekend. Wouldn't come out, even talk on the phone. I mean, I was worried the guy would off himself. He had just walked straight out of the class without a word after, "F&*$*!" and didn't come back. So anyway, we, the other three guys of our four-person gang, secretly turned it into a bong that could also be transformed into a multiperson hookah, using about half the known Universe's JB Weld. It took three people to operate, wasn't pretty, I admit, but It is a permanent fixture in his home to this day I guarantee you and in my memory for sure. What's left of it.

You are totally THAT guy, aren't you? The AnswerMan of weed and more specifically how'ta get f'd up and stay that way. Bring it. In fact, "Waitress? Bring the table a few hundred bucks worth of whatever he's having".

You know, thinking about it, I stopped smoking weed sometime in the late 2000's and truthfully I can't remember why I stopped, but there woulda have to have been a good reason... so lets hope it wasn't worry over cognitive issues. :rofl:

And look, I was invested. It wasn't a light decision, I grew for 8 seasons outdoors and not for sport. But, I digress (it's what I do, you'll notice, and I'm more interested in doing it well than stopping). I have one clear memory of stoner ingenuity and I'm grateful to have been reminded of it by the thread.

My highschool was brand new when I entered highschool in grade 10 and we had the coolest auto-shop in the province, maybe the country. So, getting a cool car and working on it during school - for credit - was about the only thing outside of being of interest to NHL hockey scouts that got you any attention and could move you up the social ladder. My buddy had been saving up since he could first mow a lawn - I know, annoying right - and managed to score a truly wicked, dark red El Camino with a small block and a custom trans, in grd 11, that needed some rebuild but was truly demonic in all the good ways.

Well, one day we were working on it in class, I'll never forget I was there helping, and he cracked the case of this custom transmission which had apparently been made by God himself thus could not be replaced (teenage boy perspective, wasn't true of course). He could not bring himself to come to school for two days. Then it was the weekend. Wouldn't come out, even talk on the phone. I mean, I was worried the guy would off himself. He had just walked straight out of the class without a word after, "F&*$*!" and didn't come back. So anyway, we, the other three guys of our four-person gang, secretly turned it into a bong that could also be transformed into a multiperson hookah, using about half the known Universe's JB Weld. It took three people to operate, wasn't pretty, I admit, but It is a permanent fixture in his home to this day I guarantee you and in my memory for sure. What's left of it.
Hahaha no I would not say the answer man....but I do indeed like to get f*cked up and stay that way lol and I get bored so I'm always looking for ways to smoke....but there aren't to many ways of smoking I haven't tried.....lemme just be first to say you cannot and should not just pull a leaf off a tree and roll your weed in it to smoke..... Worst idea ever and wasted green :laugh:

But hey nothing wrong with not smoking.... Everyone seems to run a course with it....some people just stick with it.

But I totally get the melt down your friend had.... I've had things that meant alot to me that have gone south and I just leave it in the dark never return....never speak of it lol

But man I wish I was part of the build crew for that.....and definitely wish I was on the testing panel lol I would love to smoke out of that.....so did you guys strip the inside and put plastic jugs for air/water chambers?.....I know prolly to technical for a high school project but......I must ask.

I wish you were there too, thing woulda worked a lot better. We were pretty intent on using as many car parts as we could and think we experimented with washer fluid tanks and the like. Vacuum hoses definitely made the cut. I remember using part of a spark plug tool/socket out of my 78 BMW 525 trunk tool set for a bowl because one day I had to borrow it back from the pipe, but I can't truly recall how we solved the other issues. Pretty sure 2 litre pop bottles were involved, in fact, there was a short trend of 3 litre bottles at the time and they def. would have fit. This was also around when the Big Gulp was invented. We were totally addicted to JOLT cola at the time "Twice the Caffeine, same price!" It was the proto-energy drink that 'woke companies up' to the potential of finding legal highs to sell to kids. Ahhh, the eighties. We stayed after school in the shop class to work on it, which was pretty funny to us at the time. We'd never seen bud before, only hash.

I wish you were there too, thing woulda worked a lot better. We were pretty intent on using as many car parts as we could and think we experimented with washer fluid tanks and the like. Vacuum hoses definitely made the cut. I remember using part of a spark plug tool/socket out of my 78 BMW 525 trunk tool set for a bowl because one day I had to borrow it back from the pipe, but I can't truly recall how we solved the other issues. Pretty sure 2 litre pop bottles were involved, in fact, there was a short trend of 3 litre bottles at the time and they def. would have fit. This was also around when the Big Gulp was invented. We were totally addicted to JOLT cola at the time "Twice the Caffeine, same price!" It was the proto-energy drink that 'woke companies up' to the potential of finding legal highs to sell to kids. Ahhh, the eighties. We stayed after school in the shop class to work on it, which was pretty funny to us at the time. We'd never seen bud before, only hash.
Sounds awesome.... I wish I could have had the chance to do a shop class or something....but unfortunately I spent most of my high school years(5) in scheduled out of school classes for 4 hours a day 6 days a week due to fighting and being long-termed(one step above expelled from district)......but that's why I tinker so much now...I have the interest and adult money to do so lol.

And actually I've wanted to try to build a new "piece" any ideas you had in your brain mixer that you never thought to put to a physical item? I'd be down to try to build some others ideas.....even if it fails I find it fun

Always wanted to have something that could take serious pressure, so I could connect and introduce laughing gas that would also shoot the cooled smoke into your lungs. Figured the two would make a pretty good high, so I'm told ;). Man, I couldn't forgive myself if you hurt yourself building and trying something like that... so find a guinea pig for the testing. Oh man, I'm not usually this twisted. Seriously though, pretty sure that's waaay too dangerous.

Always wanted to have something that could take serious pressure, so I could connect and introduce laughing gas that would also shoot the cooled smoke into your lungs. Figured the two would make a pretty good high, so I'm told ;). Man, I couldn't forgive myself if you hurt yourself building and trying something like that... so find a guinea pig for the testing. Oh man, I'm not usually this twisted. Seriously though, pretty sure that's waaay too dangerous.
Well anything involving using fire/heat source and laughing gas(flammable) would be a bad idea lol...unless your trying to remove the hair from your head in a hurry :laugh: .

But hey your onto something like a self shotgunning piece....something that you can draw the smoke with and then compress it to blow it into your lungs(obviously taking care not to callapse a lung)....maybe a modified manual bike tire pump with a sealed bowl head?:hmmmm:......oh boy look what you did :rofl:

Not if you had a detachable bowl... and a way to drain the water without losing the smoke but that's prob pretty elementary. Maybe a bowl on a push fitting, then replace with your push fitting gas source. Push the button.... BLAM!
In theory that sounds awesome.....instant high at the push of a button...o_O,.. I think it's plausible if it was set up almost like a O2/acetylene torch....one hose weed smoke one hose laughing gas... Just a shut of valve for gas flow restriction.... Which would help with the flammability aspect...by allow you to pull and fill a chamber before inhale and then open the valve to create the pressure to shot gun the smoke.... And thank you reservoir dog for the fun conversation... And jogging my mind so early.

Anytime HH. Thank you. This may be an area of expertise for @Bill284. Ran a plumbing outfit.... not gas I realize but he's a lateral thinker, a problem-solver. Or maybe he'll prove to be the adult in the room and give us the good talking to we need. Doubt it.
Yea he's prolly gonna be like hey guys this is stupid.....then p.m us together saying ok let's try this shit lol

Anytime HH. Thank you. This may be an area of expertise for @Bill284. Ran a plumbing outfit.... not gas I realize but he's a lateral thinker, a problem-solver. Or maybe he'll prove to be the adult in the room and give us the good talking to we need. Doubt it.
Yea he's prolly gonna be like hey guys this is stupid.....then p.m us together saying ok let's try this shit lol
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::cool::rofl::rofl::cool::rofl::rofl::cool::rofl::rofl:
You guys slay me.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom