Stop and take a break?

XiwsX561

can i debuck my buds leaving sugar leaves only and put in turkey bag and stick in fridge to slow drying down so i can take a trim break so no to completely dryout before finishing trimming , sweat and jarring to cure ??? im only 1 person , tried a trim machine before and swept up over 28gs of kief and tips of buds was trimmed well but mise well have grown out doors ???? any suggestions help anyone @Pennywise , you told me about drying in fridge what about sealed tk bag?

I use to dry all my buds in a paper bag and hung them in my basement. Now I used a freeze dryer for my last harvest and it’s pretty awesome (have dried/cured weed in 17-20hrs) The machine was of the medium size and wouldn’t allow me to do too much of my grow. (900-950g wet) So I would trim my buds into, well, bud size nugg. I did a bud wash and threw them in a paper bag and froze my buds until I had a spot open for the freeze dryer. Buds all turned out good, but one because I thought I needed some water to help break them apart again (pull apart pretty easily) to spread evenly on the trays. I too bought a TrimPro for my harvest because I had several plants to harvest outside and the years before I had one plant that took me and 3 other family members 10.5 hrs to trim and paper bag dry. Sadly all that effort was for nothing when I had to toss a third of it to rot. I love how fast it helps me harvest my plants, but it does take away that classic bud dried/cure look. I had so much trim I wish I had tried to make bubble hash with (never tried before but might for next grow)

28g wet into each paper lunch bag and into the fridge for 10-15 days, jar, burp for about a week or two. Perfectly dried bud ready to cure.

when dry each bag should have right around 1/4 oz.
I like so I need to buy like 5 refrigerators , your debucking wet? I won't have this issue next grow will have designated AC. But seen/know of several methods. Dr Rosenthal 60 n 60 whole plant , a commercial company on canna cribs 68/55;7-10 days take out and then they sweat them for the next 7 but this company is about quality forgot the name....oh "most expensive cannabis in USA, luxury brand: CANNDESCENT" episode 7. But they moisture check daily as well as damn produces over 10,000 lbs a year and this was may last year. Guess what all of it is hand trimmed. Fk id shoot my self, like painting or sanding drywall. But let me know @Sctanley007 if you debuck wet and bag, can you use a deep freezer? Not like normal freezer tho, can you turn temp up to that as a fridge? Someone told me I could use as water chiller, drill hole and run hose thru, and I asked wouldn't it freeze. That would work much better as I would need a few refrigerators. I was told/witnessed/read up on and ususlly put into practice as I can get my tent into the 50s. Only this time was occupied and I was exhausted right after I respond to next msg back to trimming. Was originally just looking for something to stop the drying so I could take a break/sleep. But thanks for the advice.

Oh does anyone the type or brand of moisture meter that would be used to check bud?

I use to dry all my buds in a paper bag and hung them in my basement. Now I used a freeze dryer for my last harvest and it’s pretty awesome (have dried/cured weed in 17-20hrs) The machine was of the medium size and wouldn’t allow me to do too much of my grow. (900-950g wet) So I would trim my buds into, well, bud size nugg. I did a bud wash and threw them in a paper bag and froze my buds until I had a spot open for the freeze dryer. Buds all turned out good, but one because I thought I needed some water to help break them apart again (pull apart pretty easily) to spread evenly on the trays. I too bought a TrimPro for my harvest because I had several plants to harvest outside and the years before I had one plant that took me and 3 other family members 10.5 hrs to trim and paper bag dry. Sadly all that effort was for nothing when I had to toss a third of it to rot. I love how fast it helps me harvest my plants, but it does take away that classic bud dried/cure look. I had so much trim I wish I had tried to make bubble hash with (never tried before but might for next grow)
I've heard freeze drying is the fastest, but not the best as billion dollar companies would spend the money on getting them. But curious what it would do, how much did that set you back? I tried a trim machine last year claimed it could do wet and dry , but I was skeptical tossed a few wet in there and the silicone like drive thru car wash fingers that move the bud across the grate murdered them, I was working then and didn't get off until 10 pm for a week straight I was up until 5 am only 4 plants but close to 3 lbs dry. I had one plant left and I was like let me try the trim machine one more time put a couple for maybe a minute perfectly manicures but it has a catch bag for what I dunno because I swept up over 28grams of kief and whole point of indoor is quality so id use it for outdoors , but I don't grow outdoors. 10.5 hrs nothing a friend in California who has 3 indoor gardens when I arrived the 1st day there was 6 or 7 of us I was out there to have a business meeting but I chipped in. Some of these trimmers are pros getting paid 150/lb they would do 2+ in 8 hour shift I was there only 3 days and that's all they did not unheard of really good trimmers to do 3-4 lbs a day I was doin like 4oz but wasn't at it the whole time wasn't out there for that. What's washing the buds for?

I bought bubble bags to make bubble hash, kit came with 5-8 bags each level u get different quality but to be done right the water needs to be near freezing and stay that way while u feel ur arm burn from agitating back and forth for atleast 15 mins. I think I got 2g of the finest in thr 25 micron bag but looked at the leaves they could have been ran 3 -4 more times, next time I did it now this trim was wet too but from the freezer but did dry ice 1000x times easier and just used 90? Micron bag my friends a processor said 90 or maybe next bag up will give u the best all around. But once those leaves they were frozen wet the dry ice could freeze them and break small enough to go thru so as I shake it starts off golden like u had a bag of powdered brown sugar then got a green tint to it I got over an oz of kief I put in hash hand twist press comes out size of quarter and about the length of a roll of quarters if u filled it. I think I still have like 5 or 6 bags in my freezer from last year, if doin alot buy a washer off Amazon basically mini washing machine. If I didn't think salt would fuck up I'd say as some salt to the water get it below freezing or load up catch bag and do outside in snow in a full size washer lol. Guess bc leaves weren't dry the dry ice putting leaves in it turned out bad. From my friends in town that's a professional processor he's going to show me how to make good bubble hash without expensive equipment because I think it wasn't worth it but I've seen people make these and stuff. I'm so curious how much the freeze dryer is. No I would never send a indoor Bud through a trimmer again though a knockoff so much Buds and trichomes and hairs that's a lot of the good stuff. Although they do make tumblers with kief catchers, but the cheapest I found them they start at like 3 Grand. And even those orange good otherwise professional cannot billion dollar companies would be using them I mean I did see one version that use it's like a plate on like a maybe 25 or 35 degree angle and they just put the butt on it it takes like a rough trim and then it goes to a hand trim that's the only way you're going to get top shelf but I guess you get better as you go I just hate it just like painting like I said before I hate painting and I hate sanding drywall

This is a fan leaf not even a sugar leaf

I've heard freeze drying is the fastest, but not the best as billion dollar companies would spend the money on getting them. But curious what it would do, how much did that set you back?

I believe it was close to $6300Cnd in total, but did a 3 way split with family. Family likes using it for what it was designed for, food. I wanted it because of a thread started here talking about FD weed and how awesome it was. It got my attention, and an annoying bug in my ear to get one.

So. . . . THANKS EVERYONE!

ive heard nothing but good things about them , only reaon just in my opinion its not the "best way" is why wouldnt these billion dollar companys dont do it , the only thing i could assume is without propper rehydration its absoultey dried to the core .... while just like a good cigar or ciggerate it needs some moisture to keep the burn even and at the right pace, as a cigarette goes stale and cigars require a humidor , so id assume you must consume right away no? 3 grows and finally got a high end quality @ 2 weeks cant wait to see 30-60-90 if last that long. 1st to one half i believe got mold because did in shed well a jar did by feel and im checking daily lately its cool 50s 60s at night but 70 80 rh 2nd grow 3 strains on one system each had different suggested flower times 8-10 weeks , finally this one, snow white ash, smells super fruity prolly could have had it let go a few more days but as i was trimming and it was super sticky and smelly, debucking into paper bags and putting in the fridge after 1st week seened to help, finish it off and into jars. watching that candescent cannabis you tube video they hang dry 68/55 until 18% moisture checked daily and then sweat them the last 7 days until its down to 9%

Back
Top Bottom