Stretched too much?

Mongbrain0406

these are my 2 strawberry kush plants I had a problem with my timer and they were getting a extra 15 mins light in there dark time I've never had plants so big do you think this will be a good yeild or ruined by too much stretch 600w hps

20200906_172426.jpg

They don't look bad. They are mainly that tall because you didn't do any LST. They would have been shorter & bushier then & you get a bigger yield. I can't really see how close the node spacing is to see if you will get long huge colas or nugs & fox tails. Are these in flower yet ? You could always Super Crop them to increase yield. If you are just starting flower strip all the small crap off the bottom 12" of the plant & get rid of the twig branches that can't hold a large bud & you will get something similar to this.
6-450.JPG
6-456 (2).JPG

Yeah they are in flower throwing alot of pistols still no budlets and I did LST but after they stretched so tall i couldn't tie them to the side of the pot any more those plants look mint ill upload a picture of my last plant gorilla glue 4 topped and lst that turned out pretty good

Raise the roof raise the roof....

They going to be problem children for you.

Look into supercropping. Do it sooner than later with that HPS in there. You need to raise the lamp up as high and safe as you can. Then super crop.

Its not so much the extra 15 minutes - the size of your VEG container dictates plant size generally.

You can still LST the limbs to spread them apart and let light into the center. Trust me it's worth doing, had the same thing happen on Alaskan Purple and Gelato OG, the Alaskan ended up giving 14.5 zips and it was an auto.

So just an update its getting warm some days and my 600w hps is starting to cook my grow room and I only have a 4" exhaust fan atm can anybody recommend a light to me that can yeild about the same as a 600w hps but does not get as hot PLEASE :)

Back
Top Bottom