Stunted Growth?

its strange because during like the first 2 weeks, it was under 1x23W 2600K and 2x44W 5500K at about 16" away and it was still growing really really slow

no it's not strange, cfl light and HID light are different, HID is more intense than cfl. I use a 250w CFL for my clones and seedlings for about a month into veg before they get HID light. You want the plant to focus on root growth first. Big roots equals Big buds. :allgood:

Heres an update
ITS ACTUALLY GETTING TALLER NOW!!!
It's exciting :cheesygrinsmiley:

by the way, the light is a MH with a digital ballast that has a dimmer and I didn't realize it was already set at 250W
is that alright?

She is getting taller now

sprout101.jpg

sprout91.jpg

Heres an update
ITS ACTUALLY GETTING TALLER NOW!!!
It's exciting :cheesygrinsmiley:

by the way, the light is a MH with a digital ballast that has a dimmer and I didn't realize it was already set at 250W
is that alright?

She is getting taller now

sprout101.jpg

sprout91.jpg
Am I seeing things or is your grow medium Green? What the heck s that stuff, where did you get it and why are you using it. I have never seen a green growing medium before I and I must of seen over 100 successful grow operations. Seriously?

PEACE

Am I seeing things or is your grow medium Green? What the heck s that stuff, where did you get it and why are you using it. I have never seen a green growing medium before I and I must of seen over 100 successful grow operations. Seriously?

PEACE

I figure its almost Christmas and I want to celebrate elf culture so I used green food colouring
Im kidding :laughtwo:

It just looks green, its my crappy camera on my phone
the white balance or something is messed

I'm using regular promix potting soil and I assure you its actually black

no it's not strange, cfl light and HID light are different, HID is more intense than cfl. I use a 250w CFL for my clones and seedlings for about a month into veg before they get HID light. You want the plant to focus on root growth first. Big roots equals Big buds. :allgood:
Cfl Lights spectrum travels less distance than mh or hps. For my 1st plant that was under 300w or 220 to 240 true watts. I started out at 12 inches for first 4 weeks then went to 6 inches distance until I started to flower which then I used a 3 inch distance.

PEACE

I just google pro mix potting soil and it has 9 months worth of controlled releasing fertilizer. If it was me I'd start again with a better medium designed for cannabis seedlings, with low fertilizer in it. And I would put your cfl light on at 12 inches away and keep the same light cycle throughout. Maybe try in a smaller pot to get a good root system first. Even though they say to plant autos in pot they will finish in, I wouldnt.

PEACE

But I'm still a noob so disregard all my input if someone says I don't know what I'm talking about. But I think it must be your medium, the different light cycles and using a Mh on a young seedling with those ferts in the soil is the reason, but I hope you manage to save her, but considering its not looking good from day 1, I would start again, but that's just me and I could be totally wrong,

Good luck whatever you do

PEACE

I just google pro mix potting soil and it has 9 months worth of controlled releasing fertilizer. If it was me I'd start again with a better medium designed for cannabis seedlings, with low fertilizer in it. And I would put your cfl light on at 12 inches away and keep the same light cycle throughout. Maybe try in a smaller pot to get a good root system first. Even though they say to plant autos in pot they will finish in, I wouldnt.

PEACE

does the photo indicate that shes struggling?
I do notice that one of the middle leaves looks kind a stringy
So the medium isn't entirely promix, its like 40% promix mixed with 60% of some regular potting soil from a local nursery which had perlite mixed with it and manure

sprout101.jpg

Oh and the bulb is running at 50% on the digital ballast

But I'm still a noob so disregard all my input if someone says I don't know what I'm talking about. But I think it must be your medium, the different light cycles and using a Mh on a young seedling with those ferts in the soil is the reason, but I hope you manage to save her, but considering its not looking good from day 1, I would start again, but that's just me and I could be totally wrong,

Good luck whatever you do

PEACE

It wasn't look too great on day 1, but now I actually notice growth which is exciting
Its my first ever grow as well and I've already lost a seed already and kinda don't want to give up on her cause she is obviously getting bigger

but thanks for all your suggestions :)

yes she is struggling... she is all crinkled up like her lower roots are drowning.

uh oh
I did a thorough watering with run off on the bottom on sunday as was suggested and haven't watered since
the soil did seem dry which is why I decided to do the watering all the way through

I'm from Canada
If you want to know if she is waterlogged, pick her up and tilt her at a 45 degree angle and see if water comes out, also how big are you drainage holes, I think Emily is right about being waterlogged, perhaps you soil mix is not good at drainage. Put your little finger up drainage hole and see how wet she is. Are any roots visible from drainage Holes?

PEACE

start using the lift method to tell when to water again... if you can lift her up and feel ANY water weight down at the bottom, at all... then wait another day... you have got to let those lower roots get oxygen every wet/dry cycle, or they simply shut down... the plant thinks it is in a flood, and it is protecting itself, sort of hibernating until all the water dries up.

Back
Top Bottom