Suggestions Please

MonsterGuppy

420 Member
I have reached the end of my indoor grow and ready to harvest having let my plants go for an extra 2 weeks for the trichomes to amber up a little more. My only problem is that in 7 days I will be on vacation in Vietnam for 2 weeks. (Gf needs to visit family) Do I start drying them now and jar up with no way to burp for the 2 weeks? Setup a watering system and let them go till I get back making for 5 weeks past when they should have been ready. I need to make a decision soon for sure.

Fridge slow dry would be my choice if i had to leave for so long.
;)
Yep. And with a bit of practice and experimenting it would be possible to cut, trim, bag and come back two weeks later and still have a couple of days to wind down while the bud finish drying before jarring the harvest. If all goes right the harvest is in a near perfect "dried and cured" in 3 weeks giving plenty of time for the trip.

How much to put in brown paper bags. How many and how large the stem pieces being put in each bag as a way to control the moisture. These come with some practice, though.

Hey Guppy,

I like what ZigZag said, but if you can't control the temp and humidity while you're gone, you could opt for fast drying. I've been fast drying my harvests because I'm in a very mold-prone, high-RH area and don't have a drying room set up yet. I mainly use a food dehydrator on the lowest settings, 90°F. I also dry in paper bags in the sun. I know, I know... totally not ideal, and you will lose terpenes. Nonetheless, I've been enjoying potent herb with my vaporizer, both indica and sativa, and also CBD buds. I'm really looking forward to having the drying room.

Have a great trip! :ciao:

I have reached the end of my indoor grow and ready to harvest having let my plants go for an extra 2 weeks for the trichomes to amber up a little more.

Maybe harvest on time, when the buds are at peak potency, instead of after the THC(a) percentage has dropped - and just roll smaller joints?

Back
Top Bottom