Sweet Specials Auto and Big Devil Auto - 400W HPS - Soil

Rukus

Hello mates!
This is my first and I hope not the last journal here. So here we go.
3 Seeds (2xsweet spec. and 1xbig devil) from Sweet Seeds was germinated @28th of Feb and buried in soil (60% soil+ 20% perlite+20% vermiculite) @1st of Mar. Light cycle was 18/6 at veg and 12/12 at bloom.
Vegetation was pretty fast and nice without any problem and girls started to bloom @ 4th week.
I was using BioBizz nuts like alg-a-mic and bio-grow to feed them at veg stage and I added BioBloom and B.A.C. Bloom Stimulator at bloom stage.
Couple of weeks ago I noticed that lower fan leaves became yellow and top leaves edges dried.
SO any suggestions how can I cure my babies?
Regards,
Alex

Re: Sweet Specials auto and Big Devil auto/400W HPS/Soil

IMG_20130412_074337.jpg

IMG_20130412_074105.jpg

IMG_20130412_074021.jpg

IMG_20130410_071733.jpg

IMG_20130409_070738.jpg

IMG_20130406_123816.jpg

IMG_20130413_122026.jpg

IMG_20130413_122004.jpg

IMG_20130413_121942.jpg

How far into flowering are you? Fan leaves are notorious for yellowing and falling of during the flowering period due to the lack of nitrogen in the fertilizer. This would be your most favorable explanation, but without further info can't help you any more.

Your plants look really good my friend. I'm subbed to your grow.

+reps

Yellowing of lower fan leaves is usually an indication of N deficiency. As Mono said, this is not uncommon in flowering due to lower N in flowering nute mixes. Depending on how far along you are, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm unsure how long since you went to 12/12. If it's only been a few weeks, bump up the N a little in your feedings. If you're a couple weeks from harvest (doesn't look like it in pics), then don't add more N.

Grats on getting your journal going! +rep

Will add more BioGrow with my next feeding, but actually I worry about dried tips of upper leaves, looks like overfeeding? am I wrong?
I shifted to 12/12 for a couple of weeks ago, when I realized that buds are appeared and girls needs bloom cycle.
Frankly speakin I don't know is this really important to make shift to 12/12 for autos.

Will add more BioGrow with my next feeding, but actually I worry about dried tips of upper leaves, looks like overfeeding? am I wrong?
I shifted to 12/12 for a couple of weeks ago, when I realized that buds are appeared and girls needs bloom cycle.
Frankly speakin I don't know is this really important to make shift to 12/12 for autos.

Auto flowering plants grow best if kept under 18/6 from seed right through to harvest. They also don't need as many nutes as a regular plant does.

Your plants look good, how much have you been feeding them?

5ml BioGrow+5ml BioBizz+0.3 ml BAC Stim for 1 liter.
Also I have microbiological (bacterias that producin N) fertilizerm adding it once in a week.
Should I switch my lamp back to 18/6? Will it be without stress for plants?
Also, here is my pics update, smell is getting stronger, small buds on main kolas are fusing together.
Here are sweetspecials on the background, left one is having those yellow fan leaves, big devil at the front
sweetsp_backg.jpg

This one is the right girl's main kola
sweetsp_2nd.jpg

This is the left one sweetspec.
sweetsp.jpg

Big Devil main kola
bigdkola.jpg

Big devil overall view, satisfied with her healthy look. Very dense krona and dense buds
bigD.jpg

You are more than welcome. Three weeks looks about right my friend.. Do you have a jewelers lope or a 30x magnifying scope to check trichomes for best harvest time?

Plants are looking really good, buds should really begin to swell in the next week or so.

Have you decided on when / if you are going to flush?

Yeah, but you know..it's like growin ur first child, always tryin to get all the best for him :) Rational and wise decisions will be obtained only with experience :)
BTW I saw picture of wonderful bud with red pestils, do you know what strain is it?

The plants look great! Don't mess with the light cycle anymore now. Like Mono said, just keep doing what you're doing. :Namaste:

Thanks, mate. Seems like I found the reason for yellowing.
My girls just too picky about water :D
I used my tap water which was settled for a couple of days for feeding them, yesterday I bought drinkin artesian water (it will be a littl bit expensive to water them with it every time tho) and you can see how trichs dotted the buds. Smell is really concerning me now, my carbon filter is not helpin me anymore.
Small bud from sweetspec girl
IMG_20130415_212738.jpg

bigger kola
IMG_20130415_212805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom