So, a question for all you oil gurus.

Right now my wife is taking 2 bio bombs a day in a 5:1 ratio of carrier oil to CCO. About a month ago, we tried stopping completely for a while, but within 24 hours her symptoms were back, worse than ever! So we are reluctant to stop...

But, it has been suggested that we might want to try a reduction in dose, perhaps to 10:1.

My wife suggested it because she recognises that her body is pretty much loaded with cannabinoids. Our hope is that we can get the same benefit with reduced doses.

I'm reluctant, because of the huge improvements she's experienced over the past 2 months. I would not want to go backwards.

Whatcha think, friends?

So, a question for all you oil gurus.

Right now my wife is taking 2 bio bombs a day in a 5:1 ratio of carrier oil to CCO. About a month ago, we tried stopping completely for a while, but within 24 hours her symptoms were back, worse than ever! So we are reluctant to stop...

But, it has been suggested that we might want to try a reduction in dose, perhaps to 10:1.

My wife suggested it because she recognises that her body is pretty much loaded with cannabinoids. Our hope is that we can get the same benefit with reduced doses.

I'm reluctant, because of the huge improvements she's experienced over the past 2 months. I would not want to go backwards.

Whatcha think, friends?

As with any medicine the ideal dose is the least amount necessary to achieve desired results. If your wife is feeling loaded then chances are she's exceeding that dose with 1:5 capsules. That's a really strong dose, cancer fighting level. Try the 1:10 and see how she feels. As relief returns you may even be able to lower that, but RA (it is RA, right?) is chronic condition so it's unlikely she'll be able to stop completely.

Another option is to take smaller doses more frequently. Maintaining a more constant level throughout day will reduce the amount she needs.

Sounds like some consistency with a theory that dose levels can be reduced as the system has absorbed what it needs.
ECS optimum performance level then anything above that is flushed. Some excess is stored in fat I believe, after that it's expensive pee..

No cannabinoid left behind (when making extractions)
No cannabinoid goes unused (in dosing best practices)

I heartily agree. I'm stunned at the potency I was missing because I was habitually taking the brownie right after the capsule. It's coming up on 1:30 and all I've had today was one capsule and three tiny hits from the low and slow dry. I'm as buzzed as I need to be to function. All this time I've been seriously overdosing my ECS. I think it would appreciate a little breathing space. :laughtwo: I still like the brownie buzz for evening enjoyment. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The experience of making the fresh-harvest oil was an eyeopener for me New B. this gives us much greater latitude in producing effective medicine. It's a labor-intensive process, but the end result is well worth the effort. Thank you PsyCro. :hug: :love:

Sounds like some consistency with a theory that dose levels can be reduced as the system has absorbed what it needs.
ECS optimum performance level then anything above that is flushed. Some excess is stored in fat I believe, after that it's expensive pee..

No cannabinoid left behind (when making extractions)
No cannabinoid goes unused (in dosing best practices)

I was mulling over this possibility Oldbear. I don't think that's what it is. I haven't been on these capsules for over three months, and I could feel my ECS struggling now and again. I've only been back on them about a week or so.

On the other hand, I am pretty good at getting my system to do a spontaneous anandamide dump after a couple months of practice, so that may well be part of it. I've been playing with energizing my ECS with thought patterns. I know it's had a profound effect on my moods. I almost never get frustrated anymore.

Hmmmm..... I'll have to give this greater consideration, because if that is the case, the responsible thing to do is lower the doses.

Thats unfortunate Depressed, and I'm going to chose to believe you'll find that source. In this list of your strains, is there any appreciable CBD?

The White
Wi Fi OG
Strawberry Bubba
Sour Diesel
Green Crack
SFV OG

You asked what I did for my daughter, who had to deal with depression, extreme, dibilitating anxiety, PTSD, and chronic pain, among other concerns. I grew a CBD Critical Cure, recommended to me by CajunCelt because it worked so effectively on his PTSD. It has twice as much CBD as THC. I wasn't expecting the relief she got across the entire spectrum. She had a percieved sensitivity to both THC and the terpene profile found in my favorite sativa, so we avoided sativas with her. In her words, the sativas wire her up akin to what her body does in advance of a panic attack. She doesn't get panic attacks anymore.

I processed the plant into infused oil and made her a supply of capsules that she takes daily, four every single day. We've recently been adding in some THC in the form of a brownie I made with infused oil from Candy Cane, a high THC indica. This addition was the final piece of the puzzle for her. Now I'll find a formulation with the right ratio and make her meds to suit her.

My infused oil recipe is fairly strong, 500 ml of oil to 400 grams fresh or 100 grams dry buds and 2 tablespoons of liquid sunflower lecithin. This formulation will likely heal a body from cancer in much the same way concentrated cannabis oil will, for less money and effort. It also makes the cannabinoids more bioavailable.

If you're going to pursue the route of a full RSO run I'd advise you to take a look at our BioBomb recipehttps://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/biobombs-cannabis-oil-kick.356122/post-3390374 and consider going with them instead of the straight oil. You'll still have to make CCO, but then you'll get more bang for the buck. The BioBombs will improve the bioavailibility far beyond what you'd get with plain oil, by whichever administration method you choose. More bioavailable means less concentrated cannabis oil necessary. This wonderful medicine can be difficult to acquire and afford. This technique helps you stretch the medicine and get greater effect.

Like I mentioned over in the Oiler's lounge, your going to need CBD in the mix. You begin with what you have in a pinch, and in your case that's going to be finding the ratio and dose that works for you.

Hi Sue. I noticed your reply via email last night but couldn't fully read and reply at that time so I just thanked you instead. I logged on later to post a reply and it never made it to the forum (420mag logged me out but let me press back to access the unpublished post - slow typer and thinker). I came on to check the boards today and realized no post - thankfully I had copied it to my laptop clipboard ! I almost lost it for a second. Here is the post from last:

Thanks again SweetSue. I'm not sure of the CBD percentages but if I had to guess I'd imagine at most 2% or so based on the affects. His strains are not lab tested, unless I do it myself or send it in.

I'm somewhat new to the infused oil recipe with the exception to this video I watched some years ago Cannabis Olive Oil Recipe by Doctor Diane - YouTube always wanted to try it.

Does the infused oil have the same content of cannabinoids as the RSO? I'm sure I'll need to do some reading on your thread but is the idea here to preserve the terpenes with perhaps a lower THC/CBD count or would those THC/CBD #s come in as high as a RSO? I'd really like to be able to use 100 grams (more than half way there) vs 448 if possible obviously !

Aww man I love reading that story about your daughter's improvement! I'm guessing the edible is for nightime/bedtime? I'm on the hunt for CBD strains as of now just got off the phone with a clinic in San Diego that had some 28% Harlequin OG. I'll be doing some more hunting tomorrow as well and also read up on the infused method you used for your daughter. Are there any videos of this method that you may know of? Thanks again.

Hi Sue. I noticed your reply via email last night but couldn't fully read and reply at that time so I just thanked you instead. I logged on later to post a reply and it never made it to the forum (420mag logged me out but let me press back to access the unpublished post - slow typer and thinker). I came on to check the boards today and realized no post - thankfully I had copied it to my laptop clipboard ! I almost lost it for a second. Here is the post from last:

Thanks again SweetSue. I'm not sure of the CBD percentages but if I had to guess I'd imagine at most 2% or so based on the affects. His strains are not lab tested, unless I do it myself or send it in.

I'm somewhat new to the infused oil recipe with the exception to this video I watched some years ago Cannabis Olive Oil Recipe by Doctor Diane - YouTube always wanted to try it.

Does the infused oil have the same content of cannabinoids as the RSO? I'm sure I'll need to do some reading on your thread but is the idea here to preserve the terpenes with perhaps a lower THC/CBD count or would those THC/CBD #s come in as high as a RSO? I'd really like to be able to use 100 grams (more than half way there) vs 448 if possible obviously !

Aww man I love reading that story about your daughter's improvement! I'm guessing the edible is for nightime/bedtime? I'm on the hunt for CBD strains as of now just got off the phone with a clinic in San Diego that had some 28% Harlequin OG. I'll be doing some more hunting tomorrow as well and also read up on the infused method you used for your daughter. Are there any videos of this method that you may know of? Thanks again.

Harlequin OG..... Wow! See? It's out there. Good job searching. You'll find what will work for you.

The fresh harvest infused method was developed by another member, PsyCro, and he has a thread on the olive oil extraction. I used it because I needed to save some plants that had mites and this looked like my best option. I wasn't expecting it to be as potent as it turned out to be. I've always used his measurements of 400 grams wet or 100 grams dry to 500 ml of olive oil though, from the beginning. It's powerful oil.

CCO is nothing but the oil harvested from the trichomes. It's a relatively simple process that many of us have successfully pulled off. Making CCO is one of my favorite pastimes but it involves the use of a heavy-duty solvent, in our case almost pure ethanol alcohol. It's expensive, hard to source, and volitile. When PsyCro developed this olive oil extraction method he realized that his patients were responding to it in ways that mirrored patients that were using CCO. Olive oil is a powerful food that can be an effective tool against any number of diseases, including cancer.

The advantage of the fresh harvest method is the retaining of the terpenes. I'm positive that's what's potentiating this oil, because I've been infusing this plant into oils for almost a year and this batch is significantly more potent than any I've made to date, and it's made with a strain that's a 2:1 CBD dominant. It's strong enough that I've been passing on my regular daily meds, brownies packing a 75 mg THC punch. I've discovered that these capsules alone will create the sense of wellbeing I function best at. The brownies suddenly became purely recreational. Those brownies have been my regular meds since my first harvest.

I realize you won't be using fresh plant material, unless you have that option, but you can adapt the recipe to use 100 grams of dry buds to the 500 ml of olive oil. That's what I've done for my daughter before I started making it fresh harvest.

If you wanted to try a small batch you can easily do so with as little as 21 grams of bud material, a half cup of olive oil, and about a tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin. If you combine them in a tightly closed jar and set it in the oven on the lowest setting in 36 hours you'll have a potent medicine. Shake it up vigoriously every time you think of it. Then strain it through cheesecloth and fill some capsules. It's that easy.

Three to four capsules a day, spaced out as evenly as is comfortable. You'll know early on if this will work for you. When you find a dose that works you can then begin modifying to increase the dose, if that's what you believe is needed. I tend to think if you can stabilize your emotional tone your ECS can begin to work more efficiently. As CBD goes to work on inflammation the job of the ECS becomes that much easier.

You spent a greater part of your life getting into this depleated condition. Cannabis is an herbal medication and works on a cellular basis over time. I suggest you give your body more time to heal naturally. An infused oil has the potential to get you back to homeostasis in time and keep your emotional tone healthier as you progress along this path.

My daughter does take a bite of her brownie before bed, but she also nibbles on it all day long. I make powerful brownies. :laughtwo: So powerful that she discovered that she'd been neglecting to take her capsules, since she was so happy it slipped her mind that she needed medication. Lol!

If your goal is to completely reset the system quickly the full RSO run may be what you want to do, but I don't see that this is necessary. You want to gently guide the ECS, and the full run is a cannabinoid sledge hammer. I'd suggest you try an infused oil first. There are any number of videos available for a basic infused canna oil. There is no video of the fresh-harvest, although I do have a tutorial, and I have it blogged. Fresh Harvest Infused Olive Oil

Breakfast Smoothy

Banana blueberries and anything else handy - prune apricot Apple bits
Two heaping tablespoons of dry mix (hemp seed chia seed and flaxseed) toss in whatever else example cashews.
Teaspoon of toasted crumbled bud.
Cup of coffee
Teaspoon of LSL (recommended dose when used as food)
Optional shot of hemp oil or other edible oil
All into the little blender stir till it looks right - creamy and a little frothy
Back into the cup and snack away.

Oldbear, forgive my ignorance, but what is LSL?

Breakfast Smoothy

Banana blueberries and anything else handy - prune apricot Apple bits
Two heaping tablespoons of dry mix (hemp seed chia seed and flaxseed) toss in whatever else example cashews.
Teaspoon of toasted crumbled bud.
Cup of coffee
Teaspoon of LSL (recommended dose when used as food)
Optional shot of hemp oil or other edible oil
All into the little blender stir till it looks right - creamy and a little frothy
Back into the cup and snack away.

Ahhh.... Liquid Sunflower Lecithin. Duh! :laughtwo:

I'm very excited.

I have successfully completed a Cannabinoid Extraction using ROwater and LSL.. Cannabinoids infused in water = canna water. Use of water soluble cannabis extractions ....hmmmm now that's an worth some research.

It is very tasty and very effective. Makes my ECS sit up and take notice. More to come when the inter web link works better.... I'm in the woods.

I'm very excited.

I have successfully completed a Cannabinoid Extraction using ROwater and LSL.. Cannabinoids infused in water = canna water. Use of water soluble cannabis extractions ....hmmmm now that's an worth some research.

It is very tasty and very effective. Makes my ECS sit up and take notice. More to come when the inter web link works better.... I'm in the woods.

OK, this is interesting. Cannabinoids are lipophilic and aren't supposed to be able to bond to water molecules, so it must be the lecithin emulsifying. I never thought to try this. I can't wait to read your update on this.

See? This is what I love about brainstorming and experimentation. :cheesygrinsmiley:

A couple of questions, please...

I'm making a new batch of Bio Bombs and the first step is to mix two different CCO... to get an equally balanced ratio of THC and CBD.

Anyhow, I want to store this mix for a week or so before I mix it with olive oil and lecithin.

Then, once mixed, I'll put into the fridge for 24 hours and make up the bio bombs.

My questions are:
1. Whats the best way to store CCO? I have it in syringes, and I'll have it mixed in a dish.
2. What's the best way to store Bio Bombs? Is there a shelf life?

Thanks

A couple of questions, please...

I'm making a new batch of Bio Bombs and the first step is to mix two different CCO... to get an equally balanced ratio of THC and CBD.

Anyhow, I want to store this mix for a week or so before I mix it with olive oil and lecithin.

Then, once mixed, I'll put into the fridge for 24 hours and make up the bio bombs.

My questions are:
1. Whats the best way to store CCO? I have it in syringes, and I'll have it mixed in a dish.
2. What's the best way to store Bio Bombs? Is there a shelf life?

Thanks

If there is a shelf life no one's found it yet. For ease of measuring I'd suggest in syringes, and as to storage you want a cool, dark place. You want the oil protected from UV rays and heat, because they'll degrade the cannabinoids. I keep my capsules in small jars in the refrigerator. This keeps any seepage down, and any cooked oil should be chilled to keep it from going rancid. We don't keep them around long enough for that to be a concern, but seepage is a real concern when they're left out.

I don't want to sound like a broken record here guys, but this is day four on capsules alone. First dose of the day was a full five hours ago. I am so high I have to stop every once in a while to get my bearings. :laughtwo: I got up this morning thinking the same thing I've thought for the past two days, " I dreamed that." Well, I'm not dreaming. Five hours later and I should be taking the next one about now. I won't be doing that because I have to function to some extent. Today's my walking date with a friend, and I may hold off until around 4.

This is almost unbelievable. I could have missed this entirely if I hadn't been so caught up in gardening the other day, forgetting the brownie dose. I actually gave yesterday's brownie away to a needy friend. You gotta help where you can.

I can't wait until KR makes his batch in a couple weeks. I need someone else other than PsyCro to confirm this. The euphoria I'm experiencing is exactly what he described when he dosed himself, and we all thought "yeah......" Well I'm here to tell you "OH YEAH!!!"

This is gonna save me a lot of product. I can do this with my next DDA and I'll have to scale back the dose. :laughtwo: Maybe I should order some size 0 capsules and play with half doses.

Thinking about it this shouldn't surprise me. It's the equivalent to a triple-strength of the 36-hr oil I make all the time. For that one I use 7 grams to a half cup of oil. This recipe calls for around what, 22 grams per half cup? Wicked buzz. With a pure indica this would knock you flat.

Hey..... something I reread yesterday. Back when we opened this room Cajun recommended choosing a pure indica for night meds because the oil emphasizes the sativa terpenes in a hybrid. Worth repeating periodically IMO. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom