SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

Aww.... thanks sierrahiker. :hug: Made me smile real big to think of you playing with your first harvest. :slide: I also smiled bigger to read you're using cannabis in many forms, creating more pathways for cannabinoids to do their thing. Now you know the power and vigor of cannabis growing wild. Lol! That's why we called it "weed."

I was just thinking that I may invest in a fridge just to dry cannabis in...... makes more sense to get a dorm-sized fridge for my food. Half of the space in my fridge is cannabis anyway. Lol!

Curing is an art in and of itself, but then I skip it after two weeks all the time when I'm making oils, and I'm known for smoking it fresh in the jars. I've come to my own conclusion that decarbing buds you want to smoke will achieve much of the same results euphorically as a long cure.

I'm a little addicted to instant gratification. A long cure is something I'm just now, after four years growing, letting myself learn. So we can learn together. :circle-of-love:
You are sweet to respond, your name is perfect. The value of this plant is amazing. Already I miss not going out to my gal and looking at her flowers. Took photos so I could magnify and see all her beauty. Clearly there will be more grows in my future.

My home smells very sweet. Guess for a while I need to screen my visitors as many friends haven't yet learned the value of this plant. One by one they ask me what I am doing to improve. We all know what truly works.

You would laugh to know how much time I spent looking at photos and reading here to figure out what to do. Later will look up all the terms you all use... flipping. For a quick sec thought you turned plant upside down.

I think I can spare a bit TS.

THAT... is almost as sweet as you are, Susan.

I’ll have quarters on hand for the meter.

I'm hoping to at least be able to contribute that much. Depending on whether or not we end up stopping and splitting a pack of smokes for the trip up and back <SIGH> .

I passed along your "I am so wasted" comment to him, BtW. It generated... much excitement (for both of us).

Haven’t driven for over 20 years, so having me behind the wheel of the truck it’ll take for my belongings isn’t a good idea. Lol!

Actually... It's probably easier to drive cross-country on major Interstate highways than to drive across a busy city. Assuming you managed to make it out of the 'burg and through the NOLA traffic, of course. Kind of hard to schedule both the leaving and the arriving at 4:30am, I suppose. You're probably correct (you usually are ;) ).

I did see a Chrysler products minivan for sale, cheap, up near you. Was something like $400. Rust bucket, but "runs great." I don't know if I'd trust the "whining transmission" for such a drive, though, lol. OtOH, get something cheap enough, and you could get most of the price back from the local car crusher, probably, if you couldn't sell it as a vehicle. IDK. A van is probably too small for your needs, and the only (small) box truck I found, the owner wants $1,200 for (although it seems to be in decent shape all around), and it's not all that close to your town.

Be nice if you could find someone deadheading their semi-truck from you to your new location who'd be happy to take you for the company. But, realistically, such a driver would sit there in order to get a load just to cover the fuel instead of driving such a distance empty.

You would laugh to know how much time I spent looking at photos and reading here to figure out what to do.

No we wouldn't. Okay, maybe a gentle chuckle. But your way was actually the smart way. Lots of members lurked for a while before ever joining the forum, then read/posted for another while before ever trying to grow their first cannabis plant.

Hey there SS ... man you are busy girl. Love the lamps yer running. Got me inspired to order another Redwood with 3K and some 17.5K mixed in. Timber FTW!

Good luck on figuring out a way to NOLA. Things have a way of working out. You already know that.

It's a long drive and been there lots of times. Cool destination, its the getting there that's kinda meh, at least for me. But totally worth it once there. Next time I go it'l be in a plane.

You have quite the run going. I'm guessing you're gonna finish before you leave??

Hiya SweetSue,

I just realized something when you said "I'm so wasted". My wife bought me a bong (first one ever) a month ago. I've been getting pretty stoned with the new bong and newly cured auto buds. Been so fun. Then I thought what you really meant was doing a cob (zam x pan, maybe) along with edibles and the bong, lol. It's all so fun at any rate! Enjoy! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hiya SweetSue,

I just realized something when you said "I'm so wasted". My wife bought me a bong (first one ever) a month ago. I've been getting pretty stoned with the new bong and newly cured auto buds. Been so fun. Then I thought what you really meant was doing a cob (zam x pan, maybe) along with edibles and the bong, lol. It's all so fun at any rate! Enjoy! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Either way mate she's fucking smashed :rofl:

Evening everyone :love:

:thumb:
That’s wot I thought ... just checking I hadn’t missed any ‘developments’. End of October is plenty of time ... you must be getting itchy to get going! :slide:

You have no idea. Lol! I want so badly to take the artwork down and get it packed, and to wash the curtains, but those are things I don’t want to do until days before I leave.

It’s satisfying though, looking around at how little I find essential to my existence and how much of it is for my garden. :battingeyelashes:

:passitleft:

You are sweet to respond, your name is perfect. The value of this plant is amazing. Already I miss not going out to my gal and looking at her flowers. Took photos so I could magnify and see all her beauty. Clearly there will be more grows in my future.

Every obsessed cultivator of cannabis in the room smiled warmly when they read that. Lol!

sierrahiker said:
My home smells very sweet. Guess for a while I need to screen my visitors as many friends haven't yet learned the value of this plant. One by one they ask me what I am doing to improve. We all know what truly works.

Yes we do. I’ve shared quite a bit of pain cream and oils with the local seniors I lunch with. As a result I’ll be sending some back for them regularly after the move. I can’t desert them to the overpriced medical cannabis program.

sierrahiker said:
You would laugh to know how much time I spent looking at photos and reading here to figure out what to do. Later will look up all the terms you all use... flipping. For a quick sec thought you turned plant upside down.

Haha! I can see the confusion. I was pretty lost here for a good while trying to unravel the shorthand. Lol! Now it’s my own language.

I’ve thought for a long while now that there might be a need for a small glossary thread. :battingeyelashes:

No we wouldn't. Okay, maybe a gentle chuckle. But your way was actually the smart way. Lots of members lurked for a while before ever joining the forum, then read/posted for another while before ever trying to grow their first cannabis plant.

Something I never did. Lurk , that is. Lol! Took me all of 30 minutes roaming to join in my first conversation. I haven’t stopped talking since. :rofl:

You have quite the run going. I'm guessing you're gonna finish before you leave??

Hey there BB. :hug: Nice to see you. I’ll harvest my last plant - the only one in flower now, kinda my last plant standing - about three days before I go. I’m running 10/14 lighting, so she’ll be close to finish by then and I’ll turn her into fresh harvest oil for the daughter’s meds. Then I’ll pack up the equipment and get out of town. :slide:

I imagine the trip down’ll be filled with conversation with whoever ends up driving. I look forward to it. I enjoy long trips, always have. There’s a touch of gypsy blood in here. :battingeyelashes:

Hiya SweetSue,

Oh no.... I’m smoking flower. :cheesygrinsmiley: The Zam x Pan cob won’t be ready to taste for another three weeks. I’ve decided to follow overlord’s lead and let them cure at least a month before tasting.

After that post I pulled out my last Red Diesel, which smells as sweet and fruity after three months curing as her daughter smelled at harvest. I’m getting ready to tear into it right now. :slide:

@Night4wings20, you know me well. :rofl:

Yeah, don't we all?!?

Too right, man, too right.

It’s satisfying though, looking around at how little I find essential to my existence and how much of it is for my garden. :battingeyelashes:

I think all you really need... is other people. Well... and gardening materials ;) .

I’ve shared quite a bit of pain cream and oils with the local seniors I lunch with. As a result I’ll be sending some back for them regularly after the move. I can’t desert them to the overpriced medical cannabis program.

I am guessing that at least some of the people that you've "turned on" to the benefits and joys of cannabis would have been pretty "anti-cannabis" previously. If so... Helping anyone learn such things is an accomplishment to be proud of, but when you can remove the "establishment's" propaganda blinfold from someone's eyes and mind, that's truly something that deserves a pat on the back.

I think all you really need... is other people. Well... and gardening materials ;) .

I am guessing that at least some of the people that you've "turned on" to the benefits and joys of cannabis would have been pretty "anti-cannabis" previously. If so... Helping anyone learn such things is an accomplishment to be proud of, but when you can remove the "establishment's" propaganda blinfold from someone's eyes and mind, that's truly something that deserves a pat on the back.

My theory is that we can more efficiently change public perception of cannabis by introducing them to topicals. They’re not psychoactive and everyone can use them for relief, and I mean everyone.

In just about any regimen there’s a place for a cannabis topical, be it THC or CBD in character. To introduce cannabinoids through the skin brings a myriad of benefits beyond pain relief. In my senior group the changes were dramatic and no one wants to give them up.

I’ve been very upfront about the illegality of what they’re using for pain relief. No one is operating under any false assumptions as to the content of their creams and oils.

I underestimated the cost in plant and supplies, but now there’s no way to back out of the commitment and feel good about knowing my friends would be left in pain. The universe has kept me in easy supply though, so I keep going.

Ever read “Flowers For Algernon”? It feels like that when I consider the regression into pain they’d go through without a continuing supply of topicals. I can’t do that. None of them have the financial resources to replace what I’ve gotten them used to, if such a product is even available.

It’s wrong, just wrong to leave people in pain for political gain. I have to do my part to make it less painful. I can’t figure out why our lawmakers can be so blind to the difference cannabis can make and the pain they perpetuate by their willful ignorance.

Ever read “Flowers For Algernon”?

Many years ago as a young child. It made me sad. I remember thinking that to have been highly intelligent, then lost it - but to still remember the having - would have been a terrible thing. Kind of a rebuttal to to the old "better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all," thing, I guess. Later, events left me less than I once was (although in no way as significantly as the protagonist of that story). So, yes, I can well understand your feelings about your friends' possible regressions.

Seems like one of the big problems with bringing "legal profit" into the medicinal cannabis world. Even, perhaps especially states receiving money from it. I feel that it makes it that much harder to then say, "Aw, screw it, you folks just grow what you feel you need." I mean... Once in a (great) while, a state or other government will have an unexpected budget surplus. They don't generally return the money, do they? And with states that don't allow a smokable form, that disallowance is probably some sort of further "justification" (rationalization?) for their not wanting people to grow it, because the plant material can be smoked almost immediately, whereas there is a bit of effort involved in turning it into other forms.

There ought to be cooperative garden spaces for cannabis. Food crops, too. For the medically needy, yes, but also for senior citizens and the poor. Every state has some sort of government dole, and a food stamp program. The governments take money (in the form of tax), use up some portion of that money to administer a program that basically gives (presumably) most of it back to the needy. Then the people who receive this money turn around and spend it on food, food that is often not all that healthy. Then the governments take more money (tax again), eat a portion of that money for administration of a program that uses that money for healthcare of these same poor people. People who would likely be healthier if a greater percentage of their food was locally grown/harvested produce (and meat, but that tends to be significantly more expensive). And a good percentage of these same governments have numerous abandoned properties, green spaces that could be used for growing edible products instead of just flowers and shrubs, et cetera. There are also properties that could be purchased relatively cheaply. I suspect that many folks would volunteer some labor to garden. Maybe not. On the other hand, there is always going to be some kind of "cutoff," a maximum income above which people aren't eligible for help. Offer a trade, so many hours labor per year for n amount of income to be subtracted from a person's gross, lol, and you'd have more volunteers; the poverty line is like the "tracks," in that, if one is close enough... it really doesn't matter which side of the line they happen to live on. But even if none of that ended up working, jails are full of people convicted of relatively minor offenses, put them to work. Or even, hey, the unemployed. I remember reading about the WPA in school, how millions of people were put to work. Back when people didn't shout, "Give me some money, and something to eat!" but, instead, were begging for jobs so they could earn the money to buy something to eat. Back when our country was... Well, anyway, yeah, I read the book. It was a good read.

Isn't it a shame that the people most in need (of anything) always seem to be the people least able to afford that thing?

I can’t figure out why our lawmakers can be so blind to the difference cannabis can make and the pain they perpetuate by their willful ignorance.

The old, the poor, and the ill... they don't seem to have much in the way of lobbyists.

For most of the 50+ years that I've been buying and smoking the herb, I've wondered two things.

1. What the heck is wrong with this stuff anyway? :hmmmm: The years go by as I watch my friends and I watch the authorities and I listen to my folks and their friends. I check out hallucinogenics, I check out speed, coke, junk, PCP, etc. I drink and watch my friends drink. I ask "But what the heck is wrong with this stuff, anyway?" 50 fuggin years. Such awesome and marvelous mass stupidity. How is it possible? And yet another year and another year goes by.

2. It's a weed. It's a plant. It grows anywhere, like a thistle or a dandelion. I can eat either of those. It's a weed, a plant. The idea that I can't, like, snatch one up and smoke some of it is absurd. Of course I can, you morons! And part of the solution to the drug problem is that I have to carefully scout my property every year to be sure that some bird didn't poop a cannabis seed onto it, or I'm a felon? I can understand why I can't cook meth in my spare bedroom, but growing a plant? I can grow a thistle if I want to and it's nobody's business. How the hell do you enforce something like that? The answer is that it's more convenient not to, like being pulled over for driving with a failed tail light. It's convenient.

Those two I can't get past.

Well, and a third.

3. Seriously, Moms? You'd rather have your kids giving money to gangs for their weed. Not a shred of guilt over that? Huh.

I'm a little different than some. I don't much care what other people choose to consume. I mean generally. I wouldn't want my brain surgeon snorting an eight ball on his way in to cut on the ol' gray matter, lol, but I kind of figure those kinds of problems would tend to solve themselves soon enough, people not really lining up to get operated on by butchers and all.

Now if someone decides to break into my house to steal stuff in order to buy {substance}, well, I hope they come in through a basement window so that the regular flooding can rinse all the blood away after I deal with the intruder. And that's the thing - the illegalization of things has resulted in all manner of thefts and such, due to the fact that if a person faces going to prison for a thing, they're going to expect to make as much money as possible whilst doing it. I suspect that this situation is why there are so many whores walking the streets, too. It's really hard to actually starve in this country these days - but you can't support a $2,500/week habit working at McDonalds.

I cannot really think of anything that I'd make illegal to consume. There are quite a few things that people do all kinds of dumb sh!t while under the influence of, of course - but all those dumb things are already illegal, and pretty much always were.

We're kind of responsible for our actions (and, oft times, our inactions), and this is no less - or more - true when we're "under the influence of..."

But this is a cannabis forum, so I try to remember not to give many opinions on any other mind-expanding or mind-pickling substances, lol.

It's all about big pharma and the politicians in their pocket. They'll continue to bait politicians and lie to consumers about finding a cure for cancer, when their politicians won't change the status of cannabis' schedule 1 drug. They know they couldn't sell their drugs if cannabis was legal nationwide!

It is a big political mess, isn’t it? And in a country filled with voters trained to vote against their best interests it’s not likely to go away overnight.

Propaganda works.

When my children were young we never hid our cannabis use from them. I actually told them I’d rather they use cannabis than any other drug available. The Army doesn’t tolerate cannabis with the same live they have of alcohol so the so the son, an officer, skirts the edges of alcoholism.

Yeah.... evil cannabis, but let’s keep pouring that alcohol.

Better days are ahead.

Back
Top Bottom