Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

See? This is one of those reasons I love having you around. :hug::hug: LMAO

@neikodog, it's so wonderful, isn't it? A totally different kind of buzz. I also can't wait for the advanced stages, but this delicious feeling of energy loaded with wellbeing is a marvelous discovery.

I was wondering about the motivational effects of the Carnival. The chemovar's known for that soaring, energetic response. It's why I'm so anxious to get my own Carnival cobs going.

Today I opened and sampled the Devil's Carnival cob, after the second week in cure. It took no time for it to surface dry, so it's back in the hot box already.

Well, I'm high, I can share that, and it's again that delightful feeling that there's much to do and I want to get to it. Lol! I have a walking date with friends and dinner following. I'm going to hold off on any other canna meds as long as I can resist the temptation to really fly. Lol! I'll take a brownie with me in case I need it later. :battingeyelashes:

Usually I indulge until I feel myself slipping over the edge to free fall. This is a different kind of buzz, more inclusive in a way. I want to take the time to learn the feel of it. The DC isn't as energetic as the Carnival parent. It feels more intense when smoked. It'll take some experience to learn to drive these cobs.

But ain't this fun trying?

@JustMeds , good job on the Blue Dream cobs, you lucky duck. :high-five:
Looking good Sue that looks cured to me time to age it.
I have found the changes to the high dont always add to every strain and some are better not fermented. I am not alone in this either some types are better as they are smoked.
But the strains it does benefit you really appreciate the changed high whatever the cure does it seems to work best on the strong sativa type high.
It must be changing only certain aspects of the high and sativa type plants get the most benefit from it.

I had to look up somango,, them clever somangonians down there at soma seeds have great naming capabilities,,

IDK if it's still available, but that breeder used to have an offering that had a high percentage of cannabis Chinensis in its genetic makeup. Used to routinely produce little "budlets" at the base of the leaves, right where the stem met the rest of the leaf. Not on every one, but enough so you'd notice. I just considered it to be a curiosity, really, but it was kind of neat to see it occur.

Devil's Carnival cob
full

Purrrrr-T.

I have found the changes to the high dont always add to every strain and some are better not fermented. I am not alone in this either some types are better as they are smoked.
But the strains it does benefit you really appreciate the changed high whatever the cure does it seems to work best on the strong sativa type high.
It must be changing only certain aspects of the high and sativa type plants get the most benefit from it.

I’ll do that........

Ok, now that I know the sweet smell that says the DC is done I’ll be more likely to recognize it in other expressions with other chemovars.

I’ll tell you Tangwena, after about 5 hours I had a few hits of Blue Dream and I’ve been flying high ever since. Lol! I absolutely love the way cobs enhance whatever else you partake in. I was out for a 3-mile walk and dinner with a friend and back home full of energy and insight. A girl could get used to feeling this blissful.

I think I might be that girl. :battingeyelashes:

I believe what may be at play with the quality of the high is the terpene mix. I think it might be time to track the terp profiles of the ACE genetics catalog and see what the ones that appear to give the best high have in common.

That is a lot to tackle. Each phenotype can be different.

Each plant can be different. Lol! There must be similarities that’ll stand out.

You know.... We could buy a gas chomatograph.... give everyone free tests. They only run $25,000 maybe?

Hahaha! I like that idea. Let me speak to my investment banker. :rofl:

This is actually one of my deepest desires - free community testing for the cannabis meds.

Tangie..your insights will help me to find.

The what
Then wtf
Then maybe ..whyyyyy.....

Cobbin. Sativa process best.
Some sativa s process wayyy better n others.

..hmm which when why> idk...

Tangie...I just can see the look, of the first waves of .lol
Discover,e rs , of lake Malawian...

All thirsty for Somalis.....go further,,oh my...lol.
And the locals had cobbin for last 4000 years....

Ancients had some thing

You know.... We could buy a gas chomatograph.... give everyone free tests. They only run $25,000 maybe?

You can someitmes find a sh!tty one for around a grand, (heavily) used and in (more or less) working condition. Or at least you could eight years ago.

That is a lot to tackle. Each phenotype can me different.

Start with IBL (landraces or otherwise). Move on to actual F₁ hybrids. At that point, you could start testing the half-breed mutts... or you could figure out a way to generate so much negative publicity about all the pollen-chucker strain ripoffs(*) that people quit spending good money on hybrids of hybrids of hybrids and they all go back to working at Taco Bell where they belong, lol, and you can consider your job done.

(*) Come one, come all, step right up, the big tent is now open for bizniss. I got me some Kali Jack Diesel Strawberry White AK Gum, only $19.95 a seed - that's right, only $19.95 a seed. And you're welcome to buy it a seed at a time, baby needs a new Mercedes. I guarantee each and every one of you fine people will have AT LEAST a one in seventy-two chance of getting the phenotype that we personally had someone else grow out and get tested to 800% THC And these beauts will finish up flowering in only five six eight fook I don't know in weeks. . . .

I seriously think we all should stop pulling the wool over our own eyes with this sativa /indica battle,, perhaps mostly because so few strains can even trace roots anywhere, nevermind anywhere accurately

I was cobbin an OG kush, and was curious if it was sativa or indica, cuz I sure did not want to waste my time cobbin an indica, nope, not me

SSo I looked up OG kush,, guess what, first, so many common strains these days are based off OG kush, so stories are told,, and, guess what???

NNo one knows if OG kush is sativa or indica,, no one

NNot even you, well, perhaps you do, but no one else does,, so,, pls tell

SSo Cob away, I say

AAlso, I am smoking a bit of my first mini Cob, process started last Sunday so now five days fermenting.

SSmoked my first bit of it yesterday, and i found it tasted great, and was less filling

I found the stone more akin to a body stone, me missus did too, tho we are so easily coerced with positive expectations

BBut I swear I noticed a dif, as I am right now after three bong hits

GGoin fer four,, cheers friends

:bongrip:

Send me some of that OG Kush Nivek. and I will smoke it and know right away whether it's sativa or indica! If it's indica, as I'm quite certain it is, you may not hear back for quite a while as I'll be huddled in a corner, red-eyed, facing down some paranoid existential crisis and munching on whatever edible substances I managed to locate first through my brainless fog and stuff into my face.
Smoking that stuff really is a way of pulling the wool over my eyes, and sometimes over my entire mind.
There is obviously a huge difference between the sativa high and indica high, as you know yourself, and unfortunately I seem to be almost allergic to the second one and it generally just screws me up, even though there might be one or two little aspects of the high that I like.
A pure sativa is what I call sativa.
Anything with even a little bit of indica in it- well, I just call that an indica.
I know as usual in life, maybe the distinction (botanically speaking) isn't as black and white as we'd imagine it- but I really don't have trouble distinguishing the high.
I've grown a couple 'pure sativas' like Panama and Honduras, that I can't smoke because they give me too much of an indica buzz. Maybe different phenotypes of those plants would be different,
I don't know.
Maybe the high of the Carnival plant will prove to be some sort of exception when it's done growing. I'm not holding my breath.

Therefore in my thinking- the OGK is an indica. At any rate- any sativa with the name Kush would be an oxymoron as far as I know.

:passitleft:sativa:passitleft:

Send me some of that OG Kush Nivek. and I will smoke it and tell you right away whether it's sativa or indica. If it's indica, as I'm quite certain it is, you may not hear back for quite a while as I'll be huddled in a corner red-eyed facing down some paranoid existential crisis and .
There is obviously a huge difference between the sativa high and indica high, as you know yourself, and since I seem to be almost allergic to the second one.. well anything with even a little bit of indica in it- I just call it an indica.
Maybe the high of the Carnival plant will prove to be some sort of exception when it
Therefore in my eyes the OGK is an indica. At any rate- a sativa with the name Kush would be an oxymoron as far as I know.
Weez,

To me.
It’s
All weed.
‘ let’s not complicate weed’

In this case, tangie has first hand experience with cob.
The source weed.
Years. ...
tangie, really.. like really...really

MR T.......Prefers sativa for cobs... tangie prefers sativa nearly always.

There is a known slight variation inthe indica chemistry, thc/thc-a notwithstanding.
Sativa often has little to none , of the complex terpines profile that a hoppy indica has.....

So there is less . Less material . Less terp ‘oil’ . Etc.
So, cob can continue to completion ////sans indicas complexity....

No indica wars... I love em to much...

Send me some of that OG Kush Nivek. and I will smoke it and know right away whether it's sativa or indica! If it's indica, as I'm quite certain it is, you may not hear back for quite a while as I'll be huddled in a corner, red-eyed, facing down some paranoid existential crisis and munching on whatever edible substances I managed to locate first through my brainless fog and stuff into my face.
Smoking that stuff really is a way of pulling the wool over my eyes, and sometimes over my entire mind.
There is obviously a huge difference between the sativa high and indica high, as you know yourself, and unfortunately I seem to be almost allergic to the second one and it generally just screws me up, even though there might be one or two little aspects of the high that I like.
Anything with even a little bit of indica in it- well, I just call that an indica.
I know as usual in life, maybe the distinction (botanically speaking) isn't as black and white as we'd imagine it- but I really don't have trouble distinguishing the high.
I've grown a couple 'pure sativas' like Panama and Honduras, that I can't smoke because they give me too much of an indica buzz. Maybe different phenotypes of those plants would be different,
I don't know.
Maybe the high of the Carnival plant will prove to be some sort of exception when it's done growing. I'm not holding my breath.

Therefore in my thinking- the OGK is an indica. At any rate- any sativa with the name Kush would be an oxymoron as far as I know.

:passitleft:sativa:passitleft:

God Weaselcracker, you just opened my eyes to something that's stumped me for a couple weeks. I've been dabbling in indicas, hybrids mostly, with a stronger indica bent. Thinking "I can smoke/eat these." It started with the Jamaican brownies I made for the daughter, but ended up being mine when they were too much for her. She smokes it and her body sighs in relief. Eat it and she gets anxious. Must be the 11-hydroxy form.

But then I started playing with Dinachem in the morning, to test the waters as a wake 'n bake, Black D.O.G., just to try it out........ you see where this was going? I've been an emotional mess lately, tearful at the drop of a hat. Sleeping in later. Not as enthused as normal to get out the door. The desire is there, and most days I don't get distracted. Binge eating. Binge eating! WTH?

If you hadn't posted this I might have gone on another couple days or longer *shudder* before I made the connection. I've been going to bed at hours I'm unaccustomed to. I was up later tonight. Lol!

I stopped using Carnival as my main med. I don't have any DDA on hand or growing. I seem to have forgotten that SweetSue runs on high-octane sativas, Carnival primary among them, and Dark Devil Auto. When I start up in June it'll be with me in mind.

The Jamaican cob and canary can be for someone else. The Jamaican cob..... ok, that explains a couple things. Lol! The DC cob is a safe bet to be a good match to me. The Malawi cobs I'm certain of. I'll be so relieved to get Carnival cobbed I might cry. :rofl:

Thank you Weaselcracker. I think I can sleep now. Ahhh...... That was driving me a little nuts. :hug:

Weez,

To me.
It’s
All weed.
‘ let’s not complicate weed’

In this case, tangie has first hand experience with cob.
The source weed.
Years. ...
tangie, really.. like really...really

MR T.......Prefers sativa for cobs... tangie prefers sativa nearly always.

There is a known slight variation inthe indica chemistry, thc/thc-a notwithstanding.
Sativa often has little to none , of the complex terpines profile that a hoppy indica has.....

So there is less . Less material . Less terp ‘oil’ . Etc.
So, cob can continue to completion ////sans indicas complexity....

No indica wars... I love em to much...

Hahaha! It's not a battle of genetic tendencies Marc, you sweet man. :hug: :love:

Indicas impart a particular end result those of us who run on sativa juice find rather intolerable. All those things that endear you to indicas are things we avoid. We run on a higher energy stream that seems to respond well to the terpene profiles found in the sativa chemovars.

Someday we'll smarten up and start identifying them by terpene and cannabinoid profiles. Lol! I'm not holding my breath that we'll get people to stop identifying them by the sativa/Indica designations anytime soon. Lol!

Sure would be nice to get terpene profiles with the seed info though, wouldn't it?

Tangwena is a sativa lover, like me, like Weaselcracker, and so many others among us. How do you think I get the energy to do all I do here and still know what I'm doing? Carnival baby. Pure and simple. One gram a day through the gut.

Damn! I'm glad I figured that out. I thought I was going nuts! That's it, sativas only from here on out.

Interesting thoughts on the indica vs sativa fermentation Marc. I'll revisit that thought when I wake up

Back
Top Bottom