TC's review of the Tropicana Poison F1 fast version from Sweet Seeds

TriangleCheese

Hi there folks,

I've been growing this strain for almost a year and I'm pretty happy with what I'm smoking right now. Thought it would be better if I share some insights here.

One of my friends started growing last year and his second plant was this huge ass 4 month vegged Tropicana Poison. He is not an experienced grower so he did too many mistakes but managed to pull over a kilogram of dried and trimmed nugs. He used a great light setup in flowering(3x my 340W LED design) but he failed on the feeding side. Anyways, the outcome buds were fairly good except the larfy lower parts.

I had two other friends growing the TP and their buds were very potent.

I decided to take over after seeing the potential and grow this on my main tent alongside with Barney's Purple Punch and Pink Kush. Results turned out amazing. Here are some insights for growers who consider giving the TP a chance;

-Seeds pop easily and with %100 rate so far(over 10 seeds)
-Veg. power is huge. This baby wants to grow vertical so make sure you top this plant at least once. I won't use this genetics for a SOG type grow.
-Bloom stretch is powerful but with tight nodes stacked together. This genetic is capable of producing very huge colas.
-Potency and taste is top shelf when grown properly.

So let's talk about the grow facts to achieve the perfect Tropicana Poison. Training and topping is essential. I used coco coir while growing TP and fed my plants twice every three days. I live in a humid location and when I water daily, some problems have the chance to occur like fungus gnats. I water as much as I can though and never had any gnat problems for quite some time.

Veg. ppm for nutrient solution was around 550. I tried 1000 ppm in mid bloom but plant didn't respond to that quite well. I think around 900 ppm is the sweet spot for this strain but things might change accordingly to climate of the grow space. My plants were craving water as we had a very hot summer this year. If it was winter, I could probably fed them more. Anyways, between 850-1050 PPM's shouldn't hurt anything. pH was always between 5.6-5.9.

PPFD reading on the TP canopy was between 900-1050 micro moles. No significant CO2 boost is used. The fine trimmed and dried yield from this plant was around 75 grams. Planted in 3 litres coco coir. Fairly small plant and a relatively huge yield. She was the star of the SOG. Check the plant in the yellow pot. So small.

About the smoke experience, I must say that I smoked this strain with prejudice because I wasn't sure that my friend failed feeding his TP properly. I thought it was a weak strain and didn't keep a mother plant. I kinda regret that now. Potency is very high on my buds, no larfy or bad tasting parts. Aromas were closer to the original GSC with earthy and sweet cookie dough dominance. Genetic background has GSC and Tangie so no surprise here. Has an uplifting effect, not very sleepy but feels pretty high. It can hit experienced growers very hard after a fat joint or a blunt.

Nugs look purplish dark green from the outside but after grinding, the purple is there. It is fun to smoke and I would never say no to such strain. Not the best one in the world but can be a rewarding part of one of your SOG type grows.

Cheers :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom