ThatOneGuyy's First Lemon Skunk Indoor Grow

damn dude been gone a couple days, come back and them things look amazing, dude your doin a damn good job, i wouldn't change anything if i was you, couldn't look any better!!!! good job man!!!! I also just posted some new pics, come check me out...

i found the pics that i have showing how to top and fim that i thought you might want..
thrips-in-stages1.jpg

Fimming_v_topping2.jpg

hope it helps you out..

Thanks everyone for the kind words!:thanks:

A little update: It has been 6 days after topping #1 and the new tops finally are breaking through the top-most leaves. Same goes for #4. My next grow will definitely have more to work with and i will top earlier. Im pretty sure i have 20 or so more days in Veg give or take until 12/12.

:thumb:

Mini Update: The new tops on #1 and #4 finally broke past the topmost Fanleaves. So each girl has four new tops. I might top #4 once more on top of the tops and I will leave #1 alone for now.

I am 2 1/2 weeks into Veg and I'm hoping within 2-3 more weeks I will be able to start 12/12.

My question is, Would starting the 12/12 cycle within those 2-3 week be wise and how much should i expect my girls to stretch in size during flower?

Most plants are pushing past 1' already and minus the size of my pot and the highest hanging point of my lamp, I have about 4' of clearance(at a safe distance from my lamp)
to work with.

Any information on this would be much appreciated :thanks:

Mini Update: The new tops on #1 and #4 finally broke past the topmost Fanleaves. So each girl has four new tops. I might top #4 once more on top of the tops and I will leave #1 alone for now.

I am 2 1/2 weeks into Veg and I'm hoping within 2-3 more weeks I will be able to start 12/12.

My question is, Would starting the 12/12 cycle within those 2-3 week be wise and how much should i expect my girls to stretch in size during flower?

Most plants are pushing past 1' already and minus the size of my pot and the highest hanging point of my lamp, I have about 4' of clearance(at a safe distance from my lamp)
to work with.

Any information on this would be much appreciated :thanks:

Indicas can double or more, and sativas can triple or more, in size during the first few weeks of 12/12. You can continue to control height through LST, if needed.

youre really gonna be able to tell how much stretch in the first 3 weeks of 12/12 thats when it will stretch the most if you dont want too much vertical growth you should supercrop in the first two weeks of flower ive done it up to 4 weeks into flower you have to be really carefull that you dont snap any tops off but if supercropped properly youll be lookin at increased yields i know this for a fact, if you can try this at least on one of ur plants just to compare it with the one that u didnt supercrop im pretty sure you will agree the buds tend to get fatter i think the plant starts to use the vertical grow energy to repair itself but the bud production doesnt seem to slow down remember this is just a theory of mine but i feal that the buds pack on more weight and the plant doesnt stretch as much win-win right? i would love to here some input so if any 1 wants to chime in b my guest:thumb: but besides all that lookin freakin awesome TOG i know you have to be itchin to flip the switch to 12/12 cant wait buddee:goodjob::cheer::goodjob:

Indicas can double or more, and sativas can triple or more, in size during the first few weeks of 12/12. You can continue to control height through LST, if needed.

The one I decided to LST was #1 since the new tops broke out it has already gained like 4" in height. Im Bending the main stem which was kinda making nervous. It is seriously pretty thick already so it should curve towards the light.:thumb:

youre really gonna be able to tell how much stretch in the first 3 weeks of 12/12 thats when it will stretch the most if you dont want too much vertical growth you should supercrop in the first two weeks of flower ive done it up to 4 weeks into flower you have to be really carefull that you dont snap any tops off but if supercropped properly youll be lookin at increased yields i know this for a fact, if you can try this at least on one of ur plants just to compare it with the one that u didnt supercrop im pretty sure you will agree the buds tend to get fatter i think the plant starts to use the vertical grow energy to repair itself but the bud production doesnt seem to slow down remember this is just a theory of mine but i feal that the buds pack on more weight and the plant doesnt stretch as much win-win right? i would love to here some input so if any 1 wants to chime in b my guest:thumb: but besides all that lookin freakin awesome TOG i know you have to be itchin to flip the switch to 12/12 cant wait buddee:goodjob::cheer::goodjob:

First off, Thanks man !:thumb: and yeah, I really want to 12/12 this girls already but I want a bit more growth before so 2 weeks or so should be good. Hoping to start at the beginning of October.

I will most likely try it with #1 since that was is by far, the tallest. The others are short and stubby. #2 most likely will be fine with just a light LST. Super Cropping seems scary for me since this will be my first time. Thanks for the suggestion. :thanks:

I will get some Pics in a few days with a full update. :tokin:

Quick Update: I decided that it would be best to LST all of the plants. most bent easily Except #4. the stem was too thick and the nodes were tight(Im not complainin') so I couldnt bend it too much. I will Increas the angle in the next day or so and LST the new tops when they stretch a bit more.

I will flip to 12/12 in 10-20 more days(Hopefully) and I will start my second grow. i will several different strains to work with( Sensi Kush, Ice, White Widow and Lemon Skunk) all will be LST'd and topped. This first grow is far from over but by the time my girls are ready for harvest I should have the next set of plants.

Peace for now:tokin:

EDIT: I had a quick Question: What marks the beginning of vegetative stage? When can I officially say my plants are in veg?I know they are now but I just wanna know like how many nodes up would you count as the "start" of Vegging.

Is this the DNA Lemon Skunk you're growing? I germinated 1 seed of the DNA Lemon Skunk feminized months and months ago, and vegged it for a time before putting it outside. I also put a few lemon diesel, and trainwreck plants out there as well. The Lemon Skunk has a very unique smell to it. The lemon is not nearly as pronounced as the lemon diesel or any other lemon strain I have grown. I usually do not grown Skunks or sativas, preferring the heavy hitting indicas like the World of Seeds Afghan Kush, the OG Kush, Arcata Train wreck, and the diesel strains. Lately I have been experimenting with the lowtyder strains, growing both low ryder diesel, as well as Iranian auto flower and Pakistan Kush ryder. Good luck on this and all your future grows.

Is this the DNA Lemon Skunk you're growing? I germinated 1 seed of the DNA Lemon Skunk feminized months and months ago, and vegged it for a time before putting it outside. I also put a few lemon diesel, and trainwreck plants out there as well. The Lemon Skunk has a very unique smell to it. The lemon is not nearly as pronounced as the lemon diesel or any other lemon strain I have grown. I usually do not grown Skunks or sativas, preferring the heavy hitting indicas like the World of Seeds Afghan Kush, the OG Kush, Arcata Train wreck, and the diesel strains. Lately I have been experimenting with the lowtyder strains, growing both low ryder diesel, as well as Iranian auto flower and Pakistan Kush ryder. Good luck on this and all your future grows.

Thanks buddy!:thanks:

It's Is seeds I bought from the Marijuana-seeds. All for of my plants have a pretty strong Lemon smell. I don't think DNA ships to the US. I might be wrong.

Yeah Im an Indica smoker myself. I've been on a Sativa trip lately but my next grow will have some Indica Dom hybrid and maybe some pures. The list I posted is up for edit depending on what I decide to grow. I will most likely plant it within the next few days.

EDIT: I had a quick Question: What marks the beginning of vegetative stage? When can I officially say my plants are in veg?I know they are now but I just wanna know like how many nodes up would you count as the "start" of Vegging.

Technically, as soon as the seedling breaks ground she's in the vegetative stage. Some people don't count vegging until the third node, which is when, in hydro, you start giving veg nutes, but she's vegging from the time she sprouts, so I count that as Day #1 of veg.

With clones, it's a little more subjective, but I start counting veg from when they have some good roots showing out of the cube.

Technically, as soon as the seedling breaks ground she's in the vegetative stage. Some people don't count vegging until the third node, which is when, in hydro, you start giving veg nutes, but she's vegging from the time she sprouts, so I count that as Day #1 of veg.

With clones, it's a little more subjective, but I start counting veg from when they have some good roots showing out of the cube.

Well if thats the case Im pretty close to flip them. So excited and thanks for the info. :thumb:

hey man your plants look great. Sorry Ive been a lazy bastard and keep forgetting to peep your grow!

Hehe, it's no biggie, man. Im not going anywhere. :tokin: I haven't been around much. Disappearing for a few days without posting but still lurking. Now im back at it and excited as ever.

TOG,

FYI...You can pretty much flip to 12/12 at ANY point during the grow - you can even start seeds straight from 12/12! So, as a general rule, I don't make the decision to flip based on time in veg, I make it based on the height of the plants.

Remember the plant will typically double or triple in size when you go to 12/12. Closer to doubling with Indicas and closer to tripling with Sativas.

So, when the plants get to about 1/3 to 1/2 of the size I want them to finish at, I flip the switch to 12/12.

As you become more familliar with your strains/phenos, and start to understand how they react, you can become more precise with this.

TOG,

FYI...You can pretty much flip to 12/12 at ANY point during the grow - you can even start seeds straight from 12/12! So, as a general rule, I don't make the decision to flip based on time in veg, I make it based on the height of the plants.

Remember the plant will typically double or triple in size when you go to 12/12. Closer to doubling with Indicas and closer to tripling with Sativas.

So, when the plants get to about 1/3 to 1/2 of the size I want them to finish at, I flip the switch to 12/12.

As you become more familliar with your strains/phenos, and start to understand how they react, you can become more precise with this.

Since I LST'd all of my plants i cut down a couple inches each. Had I not done it to #1 it would be a foot and a half! #2 is a foot and three #3 and #4 are almost a foot. I Pulled them down and making light gaps for the main branches so they will stretch some more. Im hoping within the 10 day window im giving myself, all will stretch another six inches or so before.

This is nerve wracking and its making me so anxious.:lot-o-toke:

Mini Update(with pics): So I was doing my daily once over my plants and im noticing slight discoloration on #1's new growth. Im having a hard time telling the difference between nutrient burn and deficiencies so I thought I'd ask you guys for some assistance.

Onto the Pics:

This one has that slight rust look to it. Im possibly thinking that it might be Heat stress. Ambient temps with my closet doors closed have been about 90 degrees:
IMG_09877.JPG

IMG_09889.JPG
IMG_09895.JPG
IMG_09905.JPG

If Im wrong, feel free to correct me.

Additional Information: I have been using Full strength nutes for 3 weeks now and my last feed(Last week Tuesday) was mildly diluted so I dont think its nutrient burn but im also not ruling that out.

Feedback is much appreciated:thanks:

Full Pic update will Come tomorrow. They dont even look like the same plants anymore from all the LST :thumb: so it will be a fun update.:peacetwo:

Looks like it could be a VERY slight cal-mag deficiency. Are you using R/O water?

Im using Filtered water just from the tap that runs through a PUR filter. I would use strap tap but our water has a metallic taste to it.

I let my water sit for a day or so and then Ph it to 6.0-6.5

Back
Top Bottom