ThatOneGuyy's First Lemon Skunk Indoor Grow

Pic Update: So it has been about a week or so since I last updated with a full pic update but I wanted a major change in the plants. Since then the tops have made it through on the plants I topped and the branching has progressed significantly. I also LST'd all of them. My original plan was to LST only #1 but I found it to be beneficial to get some light on the branching to help them stretch.

The other day, Krip said that I might have a slight cal-mag deficiency so i slightly boosted the dose of magical solution by a little and adjusted my ph to 6.2 and fed today. Hopefully it will repair itself.

Im also still having the "Eagle Clawing" and it has progressed to #2 and #3 slightly. No Yellowing on the tips have shown so its just the curl and i havent put much thought into it. Ive read several things that it can be. Ive been keeping my water PH'd and my soil is also in the right PH range. My room is properly vented and there hasnt been in signs of burn or deficiemcies until now(only affecting #1)and the problem that #3 was having a few weeks ago(was rootbound and recovered after I transplanted)

Anyways, that is enough rambling for now so onto the pics.

#1(Topped) got really tall and I looking overall healthy. Minus the slight discoloration in the plants new growth and some of the mid Fan leaves, the stem is strong and thick. I've also noticed that topping the plant causes the branching to go into a rapid growth. #1 had the smallest branching in the beginning and it was slow. After topping all the branches took off :
IMG_09924.JPG
IMG_09936.JPG
IMG_09955.JPG
IMG_09966.JPG
IMG_10006.JPG

#2 Not much to say. Been green the whole grow and never had a problem. stem is thick but it was easy to bend. Had to pull it down quite a bit because the leaves were preventing the light from reaching the inner branches.:
IMG_10039.JPG
IMG_10047.JPG
IMG_10056.JPG
IMG_10067.JPG
IMG_10079.JPG

#3 Way bushy. Almost too bushy. this one hasn't stretched much at all and the nodes are quite tight. I've been moving the fan leaves and slowly bending them without doing and damage to get them away from the branches so they can stretch:
IMG_10089.JPG
IMG_100910.JPG
IMG_10116.JPG
IMG_101211.JPG

#4(Topped) Very surprised and happy how this one is turning out. the nodes on the new tops are quite tight and very bushy. Very Fat, Indica looking leaves on the new top fan leaves. Very excited to see what this one does in flower:
IMG_101311.JPG
IMG_10149.JPG
IMG_101510.JPG
IMG_10169.JPG

When I look at them now and compare to a week ago they look like they arent even the same plants. I LST'd late in the game and next time i will train them as soon as they are about 3 nodes up. As this grow draws closer to flower, I am preparing for my next grow, which will consist of growing mothers, clipping clones, and possibly setting up a second room to get some seed( If i manage to get a Male)

This first grow has shown me that this is one of my favorite hobbies and i will be doing this for a long long time.

If anyone has any tips on my LST or any comments they are all welcome!:thumb::tokin:

Pic Update 2: I forgot a few pics so I'll put them up now. Got a few groups shots so you can see them hanging out in my closet.

IMG_101912.JPG
IMG_102012.JPG
IMG_10218.JPG
IMG_102210.JPG

Top Left: #2
Top Right: #1
Bottom left: #3
Bottom Right #4

So the other day I said that i had some yellowing spots and after feeding it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse. Spots are still there but it doesn't seem too bad

IMG_102813.JPG

Looks super green and the branching looks nice.

Also, I don't know if it's my eyes playing tricks on my but i have a single white spec being a ninja in my grow room. I can only see it sometimes. I like to believe that it isn't a bug but im not ruling it out. Hopefully it doesn't progress into something serious. Even if it was how do i deal with just one? Haha, I dunno. I'll figure something out.

Suggestions are always welcome !:thumb:

I grew A DNA Lemon Skunk plant this year outdoor and it got vegged indoors until it was 2 feet tall and then stuck it outside. I also grew a really good lemon OG pheno but the lemon skunk had a lemon smell to it but much more subtle than the lemon diesel or the sour lemon OG I grew from Emerald Triangle too. BTW-I am not a fan of Emerald Triangle seeds and would not buy again. Their strains are not what they claim to be.

they look damn good to me, i dont see anything wrong at all, and for your first time growin you really have done an amazing job man!!!! i would just keep doin what your doin, maybe ph your water alittle higher but other then that your doin good, i ph mines at 6.5 no matter what, even if my runoff is alittle high, i still ph it at 6.5, but whatever works for you..but like i said i wouldn't change nothin..:thumb:

Well today is a water day so I will be using slightly higher Ph'd water. that might be my problem. Hydro set prefer the lower spectrum Ph and i should have been Ph'ing a bit higher. So i will try that from here on out and watch my plants over the next week.

I will be flipping to 12/12 Oct. 4th and I'm quite excited for that although I am now struck with a question:I know that 12/12 isnt the start of flower period. so Would i officially count my plants in Flower as soon As I start to see preflowers?

I know the first few weeks of 12/12 to expect a lot of stretching. I just wanna get as precise time frame as possible.:thumb:

Well today is a water day so I will be using slightly higher Ph'd water. that might be my problem. Hydro set prefer the lower spectrum Ph and i should have been Ph'ing a bit higher. So i will try that from here on out and watch my plants over the next week.

I will be flipping to 12/12 Oct. 4th and I'm quite excited for that although I am now struck with a question:I know that 12/12 isnt the start of flower period. so Would i officially count my plants in Flower as soon As I start to see preflowers?

I know the first few weeks of 12/12 to expect a lot of stretching. I just wanna get as precise time frame as possible.:thumb:

Yes! When they start throwing off a bunch of pistils. Typically, about 7-10 days into 12/12, will be the beginning of "flower/bloom".

Yes! When they start throwing off a bunch of pistils. Typically, about 7-10 days into 12/12, will be the beginning of "flower/bloom".

So would you recommend continuing my Veg nutes for the first few weeks or so until they start to preflower?

Also, today I had to tie down my plant a little bit more. #3 is really Bushy and the top needed to be pulled down a lot and off to the side so light can hit the inner branches.it was a bit tough because #3 has the thickest stem out of all of the plants.

I will be watching closely for the next few days. 5 days seems like forever when you are so excited!:lot-o-toke:

So would you recommend continuing my Veg nutes for the first few weeks or so until they start to preflower?

Also, today I had to tie down my plant a little bit more. #3 is really Bushy and the top needed to be pulled down a lot and off to the side so light can hit the inner branches.it was a bit tough because #3 has the thickest stem out of all of the plants.

I will be watching closely for the next few days. 5 days seems like forever when you are so excited!:lot-o-toke:

What brand nutes are you using? Many times, they give a "transition" dose, which starts increasing the Bloom nutes (P) and lowering the grow nutes (N). But, you'd be fine starting bloom nutes when you start 12/12, too.

Im Using the Technaflora: Recipe for Success Starter Kit.
TSK400-Starter-Pack-M.jpg

It doesn't have transition nutes so I will just start to feed at 1/4 strength the first feeding in 12/12. Thanks for the help Krip!!:thanks:

OK, so here's the TechnaFlora Chart:

Calculator - Technaflora

It looks like in the last week of veg, you're feeding something like 1.5 tsp/gal of grow and NO bloom formula.

Then, in bloom, you're feeding NO grow formula and 3tsp/gal of Bloom.

So, IF you wanted a "transition" dose of nutes, for the first week of 12/12 you may want to try something like .75 tsp/gal of grow and 1.5 tsp/gal of bloom.

Then, the following week, cut out the grow entirely and move to a 100% bloom formula.

Basically, it's "weaning" them off the grow and onto the bloom.

It's not required, just the "idea" behind a "transition" dose.

when i switch to the flower nutes its usaully after i've watered 2 times, like they say feed water water, so after i water 2 times i usaully switch to a 1/2 dose of the flower nutes, and i haven't had a problem yet, i use a 1/2 dose for about 2 weeks then i move to 3/4 and so on untill i reach a full dose, then like krip said, after you reach that slowely start to wean them off until you think your about a week or 2 away from harvest then start the pre harvest nutes, then when you think your almost there give them straight water to get all the nutes out, but this is just my opinion on how i use these nutes..and when it says ph the nutes at 6.02 or what not, i still ph it between 6.3 and 6.5 at all times no matter what..and again i haven't had a problem yet, thank goodness knock on wood!!!

Mini Update: I don't know what happened today but i seemed to have let venting my room slip my mind. Most plants escaped unscathed but #1 wasn't so lucky. Since she is so big she has been taking in most of the water i have been giving him and was pretty dry when i checked. So when the temp shot up to 99° it stressed her a lot.

Ive been venting the room for a good part of 2 hours and she has picked up slightly and should recover by tomorrow.

Now another problem im having is with my water. I have been using a 5gal res for the most part refilling ever 5days or so( two of which i leave it sitting for awhile) and after a few days(sometimes just one) it starts to get a stagnant smell to it.It also starts to look cloudy. I clean and wash them every time i refill and I can't seem to figure out why it's doing this.

Does Ph solution gradually deteriorate water causing bateria to form? If it doesn't smell good to me I can't assume it is any good for the plant. Has anyone dealt with a situation similar to what I am facing? Any feedback would be appreciated. :thanks:

No one has an idea or a solution to my problem in my previous post? Oh well, moving on.

Three more days till I swtich and another Question arose. What are the benefits of having a 24+ hour dark period before switching 12/12 the following day? If any, I would like to know. Because I'm thinking of blacking out all tomorrow so I can reorganize my cables and patch up some holes to make both top and bottom of my closet completely light-proof from each other.

Furthermore, I will be updating pics on the first day of 12/12. I hope everything goes smoothly:lot-o-toke:

Yeah, I did some reading and apparently it helps reduce the transition between Veg and flower. The thing that I am wondering now is will a 24hr dark period effect the amount my plant thus hurting my overall yield. If it does I wouldn't want to go into a 24hr dark period prior to 12/12 cause I want the max yield possible.

Im also still trying to get an answer to my water issue. So if anyone that is more experienced has anything to add to any of my questions it would greatly be appreciated.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom