THC Jerky possible?

topdeeni

Since it clings to animal fat molecules do U think a marinade would absorb into slices of beef and then survive dehydration at about 190F? The butter I make has boiling water so the temperature is higher (hehehe.. I said "higher") and it is still devastating to the max.

DO any food ingredients (salt, spices, vinegar, ect, ect) cause the potency to decrease? Yes I realize the offsetting effect of sugar in UR bloodstream; the lollipops I made were a struggle as it was THC and sugar combined..

Any input would B awesome... I have a bunch of tasteee marinades contrived and tested for flavor. I would love a baggy of happy beef jerky to strut around public with..

Thanx in advance

Topdeeni

I'd say no, vaporizers heat plate doesn't even go to 190. THC gets volatile anywhere over 130 i think. You can dry jerky in the freezer too i think, you should research it. Thc has to be disolved into a fat to be even semi stable to cook with i think. Somebody else chime in.

you'll probably work better with an oil extract in a spray bottle to do under your tongue or on food

look up sativex [sp?] new drug being tested

I don't think the THC would fair well through the dehydration process. I have made jerky a bunch of times and those food dehydrators blow alot of hot air.

I have never used the freezer when making jerky and I am unsure of this method. Something tells me the water would simply freeze before it all evaporated off. This is what causes "freezer burn".

I'd say no, vaporizers heat plate doesn't even go to 190. THC gets volatile anywhere over 130 i think. You can dry jerky in the freezer too i think, you should research it. Thc has to be disolved into a fat to be even semi stable to cook with i think. Somebody else chime in.

Aren't your numbers in Celcius and his in Fahrenheit? The b.p. (boiling point) of THC is around 200 °C (392 °F).

I found that my temperature listing was to hot, I can make this at 155 F, not Celcius so I think I got lots of room with the temp What I see here is a shadow of doubt about the adhesion to the animal fat..

Sublimation: I will look that up, my experience with sublimation ends at 5 panel ribbon for printing on PVC cards... lol.. I used to B in the photo ID business..

Here's a recipe for beef jerky that doesn't require any heat at all. Sorry if this doesn't help, but I hope it does. ;-) Just tweak this recipe for your own needs, you don't have to follow it to the "T"

Special Equipment: 1 box fan, 4 paper air-conditioning filters, and 2 bungee cords

1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Trim the flank steak of any excess fat, place in a zip-top bag, and place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours in order to firm up.

Remove the steak from the freezer and thinly slice the meat with the grain, into long strips.

Place the strips of meat along with all of the remaining ingredients into a large, 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag and move around to evenly distribute all of the ingredients. Place the bag into the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.

Remove the meat from the brine and pat dry. Evenly distribute the strips of meat onto 3 of the air filters, laying them in the grooves and then stacking the filters on top of one another. Top these with 1 empty filter. Next, lay the box fan on its side and lay the filters on top of it. Strap the filters to the fan with 2 bungee cords. Stand the fan upright, plug in and set to medium. Allow the meat dry for 8 to 12 hours.

Once dry, store in a cool dry place, in an airtight container for 2 to 3 months.

Some people use a brine, i've seen others use a dry rub. If you put kief crystals in either kind of preservation agent, would it get blown off by the fan or is the filter fine enough to keep the good stuff from getting away?

Special Equipment: 1 box fan, 4 paper air-conditioning filters, and 2 bungee cords

I think I Saw Magyver (SP) build a spaceship from these three things once upon a time.

Thank U all for UR input, I dont think it will B werth it. I would have to rely on meat that was pretty fatty to get the THC absorbed "into" it..making for a lame end product.
Coating it MAY B an outside option... I have dried a variety of things at home and none have blown away as yet. Trying super secret squirrel dust from the pollen box is really not an option at this point for me, it is to valuable a resource to dabble with IMHO.

For now I will stick with jerky that has moms teriyaki recipe on it and get my other supplements the old fashioned way..

Thank U all for UR input

OScar

Why is Temperature Important When Making Jerky? Illnesses due to Salmonella and E. coli O157:H7 from homemade jerky raise questions about the safety of traditional drying methods for making beef and venison jerky. The USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline's current recommendation for making jerky safely is to heat meat to 160 °F and poultry to 165 °F before the dehydrating process. This step assures that any bacteria present will be destroyed by wet heat. But most dehydrator instructions do not include this step, and a dehydrator may not reach temperatures high enough to heat meat to 160 °F.

After heating, maintain a constant dehydrator temperature of 130 to 140 °F during the drying process is important because:

* the process must be fast enough to dry food before it spoils; and
* it must remove enough water that microorganisms are unable to grow.

It is very difficult to make canna jerky as there is not really enough fats for the THC to be absorbed into.

I for one have never had a problem with food bourne illness when making jerky but I suppose it is possible.

Good advice Moose. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom