The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

I am new to all this and have ventured into this to help alleviate my chronic pain. We have purchased a 4x4x6.5 VIVOSUN tent and built it this morning. Nicely constructed unit. What I need to know now is what all do I need to get myself up and running. Firstly, we need to know what equipment to buy to get the tent running, then what and where do I get the pots or fabric to grow in and next, I guess, I need to know how much of what to make a great soil. Then I can plant and later will need tips on that. Sorry I am such a novice but I am sure many of you will have excellent instructions and tips for us. Thanks so much.

Hey bud, best to start here and do a bit of reading, it is spelled out on the web. There are many, many more sites you can look on also, just google how to grow cannabis. You will get more info than you can use, but cull out what best suits your situation and go with it. Then when you have specific question on your grow then you will be able to ask questions and not just reach out and say show me. From experience I know that if you read you will learn more than being shown. Example my son says show me, I showed him exactly how to do it and he failed time and time again, then I had him read some grow books and how-to's and he can grow with the best of them now.
I know you want to get started but you need to know some basic things first and google is your friend in that regard to that.

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know

Good luck on your grows and keep us informed, general questions = Google, more complex and related to a specific grow = the forums are a great resource.

GR

Just Google it or use the list of approved sponsors for this forum on where to get things.

Fabric pots = Smart pots.

You need lights. Either Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium, or LED work best. Wattage varies depending on what type of bulb you use. You should also keep in mind energy consumption. Light bills get expensive.

A fan. Preferably one that swivels to keep air moving.

Outtake fan. You need to be able to control temps and humidity. These fans make it effortless.

A charcoal filter if smell is a concern.

A hydrogemeter. You need to know humidity levels.

If growing in a tent, I'd recommend using a scrog. Diy it tho. It's too simple to make one. Don't buy what you can make.

Water. (Duh)

Straps to hang the lights.

A timer for your outlet. Don't skip this. Timing is everything. You MUST make sure your light and dark schedules are on point.

Something to control humidity. I.e. Cool air humidifier. Personally I use a rag drenched in a bowl of water. Tie the rag to the top of the tent and let the bottom of the rag dip into the bowl. As water wics up the rag, the fan will blow the moisture oit of it and increase humidity. To take humidity out, turn on the Outtake fan.

Light glasses. You don't wanna go blind. Protect your peepers

Seeds. Don't skimp on this either. Source and lights are the most important thing in a GOOD grow imho.

That's about it.

Ghetto grow? I Dixie cup and a window sill will get you halfway there. Then just transfer to a pot when it's big enough.

Remember, you get out what you put in. Minimal effort means minimal results. Not taking anything away from ghetto grows. I'm just saying, there's a reason Reggie is 10 bucks a dime and highs go up as high as 50 a gram. Work. Work. Work.

Hello all on this grow site. I have been lurking and reading up on many websites for many months. In a non-legal state for now but trying to absorb all the info I can for when I get the opportunity to grow my own meds and get off all the Pharma the VA and regular Dr have me on for various conditions. I am planning on buying and using a tent type grow to get my feet wet when the time comes and have been saving bits and pcs of info on ways to make it more efficient. One thing I have noticed it there is not many tips/photos of how to make tents better, easier and such( other than some here lately. I guess I've been looking for a "pimp my tent so to speak" leaning toward functional vice pretty . You know some cool ideas to incorporate into a grow such as tips, diys ect. But just wanted to say thanks to everyone for any and all input on sites like these. It gives us other people hope that we will get a chance to grow our own meds before we get too old and die from all the pharma stuff. Attaboys to everyone.

:420:This is my first grow and I have no friends or anyone to ask for help. This is my first indoor setup. I would like to get some advice on what i am buying. I have grown outdoor but not indoor. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Amazon.com

.:420:

I plan on buying a 4x4, How many plants would i be able to grow and flower in it. ( I Plan on growing white cookies from ; Marijuana Seeds Canada - Buy White Cookies Feminized Seeds )

Also maybe a suggestion on lights, temperature and humidity.

Much thanks and appreciate.
Welcome to 420 mag..
I've seen people grow one big plant in a 4x4 and I've personally have 12 in a 4x4 and it's to much... 9 would be better... for a first grow I would recommend 4 or 6 plants.

Lights.. I run a 600 watt hps and it works well. My humidity sits at around 40 and 50 with no humidity controls, just fans.. I prefer my Temps in the 80s. I run a window ac at 74 and my tent stays 81 during lights on. ... hope that kinda helps

:420:This is my first grow and I have no friends or anyone to ask for help. This is my first indoor setup. I would like to get some advice on what i am buying. I have grown outdoor but not indoor. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Amazon.com
.:420:

Welcome to 420 mag.... your list looks nice.... I've never heard of the hood but it looks good... Good choice on the inline fan. I personally use a Active air inline fan and it's a great fan, especially with the fan controller. I also have a Vivo sun 6inch fan from amazon and it works well to.. Quantum ballasts are good ballasts.. Digilux bulbs are good too. I don't recommend all silver ducting because they leak light. I prefer a silver ducting with a black lining inside.

Things you may have over looked.. A light timer? I also don't recommend plugging your ballast into a surge protector. IvI've burned them up as a new grower. Plug your timer and balls directly into the wall. I also don't see a filter for that fan.. If your not worried about smell and don't want a carbon filter I would at least recommend a dust filter.. I try to keep the Inside of my hood and my bulb clean.. hope that helps.. Everybody is real helpful around here so if you have any questions be sure to ask.

Anyone have one of those VIVOSUN 4x4s? I have some money coming in and really want a tent with an observation window... The one I got is doing good, but it has plastic coupling pieces and no observation window so you know, wondering if it would be worth the upgrade. I don't think I can afford to electricity to run a flower and veg tent so I think it would just be one or the other.

Anyone have one of those VIVOSUN 4x4s? I have some money coming in and really want a tent with an observation window... The one I got is doing good, but it has plastic coupling pieces and no observation window so you know, wondering if it would be worth the upgrade. I don't think I can afford to electricity to run a flower and veg tent so I think it would just be one or the other.

Great price on that tent and looks like it's a good quality with some great reviews on amazon. 600d canvas is a must for me, nice and thick. Metal corner supports are a must too, I have a lot of weight hanging from my tent and I'm sure you do to plus the equipment we hang is rather expensive and the last thing I want is my tent to come crashing down when im not home and destroying my lights and plants or burning my house down. (Knocks on wood). My veg tent has a viewing window I never use but I never really needed one so it might be a worthwhile investment to you. The only thing I see that I don't like about the tent is the way the door unzips, I prefer a zipper right down the middle with zippers on the top and bottom too. My veg tent has a funky flap door like that and I don't like it. It's one big long motion to unzip and the negative pressure sucks the big flappy door in and onto my plants.

Great price on that tent and looks like it's a good quality with some great reviews on amazon. 600d canvas is a must for me, nice and thick. Metal corner supports are a must too, I have a lot of weight hanging from my tent and I'm sure you do to plus the equipment we hang is rather expensive and the last thing I want is my tent to come crashing down when im not home and destroying my lights and plants or burning my house down. (Knocks on wood). My veg tent has a viewing window I never use but I never really needed one so it might be a worthwhile investment to you. The only thing I see that I don't like about the tent is the way the door unzips, I prefer a zipper right down the middle with zippers on the top and bottom too. My veg tent has a funky flap door like that and I don't like it. It's one big long motion to unzip and the negative pressure sucks the big flappy door in and onto my plants.

Good observation on the flap, I thought that was a little weird looking on it. The one thing I really like about my tent, though I haven't needed to do it yet, is the zipper on the bottom two flaps goes all around, so I can unzip and literally pull the whole tent wall aside to get to the plants easier. Kind of hard to describe.

I wonder if I could just put an observation window in myself... I don't know, the thing I really want it for is that I don't like to open up my tent and let all the dust and cat hair and crap around here flow in any time I want to see how the plants are doing. Maybe get some velcro or something to put around the edges of a little flap I cut. But the all metal construction looked real nice

Just started a 4x4 Gorilla Grow. 600w MH/HPS. 5 plants in soil with a little bit of training.

Running into electrical issues and thought I would reach out to you guys here.
There are no outlets in my grow space lol(master closet). I read that running extension chords is a bad idea so I want to add my own plugs on 2 new 15amp breakers at the sub panel.

how would I go about turning off the power to install the breakers?

IMG_392711.JPG

IMG_392813.JPG

first tiny order of parts. tons more in the mail.

I thought I would add this grow to the club.

I'm using an AH 4x4x6.5 Grow tent. I'm using a Sun System LEC 630w 3100K Lamp. Growing 5 strains in a 12 x 2 gallon bucket Ebb and Flow system with a 55 gal Res and 7 Gal control unit. My medium is 70% Tuper Coco Coir and the bottom of the bucket Growstones fro quick drainage. Nutrients, I'm using the Advanced Nutrients Coco Line.

This is week 3 day 1 of Veg but since they started Pre-Flowering and grew faster than anticipated, I'm taking clones and putting them on a flower schedule tonight.

IMG_054540.JPG

4x4 mars 1200.. enough or more light required?

I thought I would add this grow to the club.

I'm using an AH 4x4x6.5 Grow tent. I'm using a Sun System LEC 630w 3100K Lamp. Growing 5 strains in a 12 x 2 gallon bucket Ebb and Flow system with a 55 gal Res and 7 Gal control unit. My medium is 70% Tuper Coco Coir and the bottom of the bucket Growstones fro quick drainage. Nutrients, I'm using the Advanced Nutrients Coco Line.

This is week 3 day 1 of Veg but since they started Pre-Flowering and grew faster than anticipated, I'm taking clones and putting them on a flower schedule tonight.

IMG_054540.JPG

Looking good

Hello id love to post pics of my current 4x4 grow but its not letting me add anymore pictures. The pics I have uploaded are from a while ago and I dont remember how I did it. Can anybody help???

Back
Top Bottom