The Alberta Growers Lounge

I'm super excited guys! I have received my seeds, tent, exhaust fan, and light. Soon I will no longer be a mere spectator but also growing some frosty nugs again! Waiting on some of the hydro stuff. In Canada it seems way more common for orders to cancel due to stock. Maybe it is a covid thing but it led me to this light, and a new mini fridge as my water cooler. (Some of my fish loving friends may be more I n the know than me on that) anyway, here was today's haul. The build is in my signature - RDWC (shameless plug)
20210308_192012.jpg

IMG_20210310_110505_666.jpg
IMG_20210310_110505_677.jpg
Yeah! Grats!

Looks like a solid 2 plant build!
:thumb:
Update on the jewel babies... they’re up and swimming around now!! There is a shit ton!

here’s where a lot of them will be eaten by other fish or lost in the tank.

These fish are adorable, and @copperrein I don’t think jewels eat they’re fry, as they’re the better parents in the fish world. If they do, it’s only because they feel threatened. Jewels are monogamous fish, and we got lucky to have a pair when we only had three baby fish to begin with.

The Jewel Fish, is an open water spawner, which means it looks for a place to dig holes for spawning activities. Once a male and female have bonded, they form a definite partnership and will kill others of their species if given the chance during the breeding and fry raising process.

Unlike other cichlid species from Africa, the duties of egg care and fry raising are split evenly between the two very attentive parents. The young fish are cared for even when they are well able to go out on their own. Sometimes the family will stay together until the fry are almost ready to reach sexual maturity.

Man that is soo cool! I guess you gotta pull the male next time. I wonder how long before they will be ready to go again?

@HashFart it is versa speed from felt. I'm not really familiar but I love the bike. A tad more than I usually would go for but I ride a lot for exercise.

@DutchinAB it was amazing when I was outside. You aren't kidding about that wind it is still howlin!

I also thought it was good enough to be an off topic area as well. As it was over a year before I heard anything about it being the wrong place to post. Teddys just doing his job and can’t be at fault for that.
I started a new thread called The Alberta photo dump. That thread is in the right place and you guys can post away in that thread because it’s in the right place lol

I also thought it was good enough to be an off topic area as well. As it was over a year before I heard anything about it being the wrong place to post. Teddys just doing his job and can’t be at fault for that.
I started a new thread called The Alberta photo dump. That thread is in the right place and you guys can post away in that thread because it’s in the right place lol
The signature for the photo dump is not working. I had to back up to your post to get there .

Back
Top Bottom