The Deep Water Culture Home

ol hippy, Nope, think Timothy Leary.

Bendog, sure, why not try to stretch her a little (like a day's worth) but remember it going to spread out big time when you go to flower. Make it a cloudy day for her. To me it can be as big as it wants as long as the branches are still sturdy and you have the head room. Big branches mean big bud if you've got big roots.

ol hippy, Nope, think Timothy Leary.

Bendog, sure, why not try to stretch her a little (like a day's worth) but remember it going to spread out big time when you go to flower. Make it a cloudy day for her. To me it can be as big as it wants as long as the branches are still sturdy and you have the head room. Big branches mean big bud if you've got big roots.

sounds good thanks man,,

MC, here is a soil ph chart for you:

chart.jpg

ok,so next time make sure he has more light and make sure he keeps it more by the plant(he is using cfl)

yeap, you can get a cfl pretty close to the plant with out burning it.
Here, let me give you my take on veggie and cfl. After reading ohhh about 3 months of information, I had learned about the light, stretching and the grow medium room or box.
I had come to the conclusion to make a box to veg in. Here it is.

100_18871.jpg

and here are the lights. I used 3 42 watt eco bulbs that state to replace regular 200 watt bulbs.
I go by the thumb rule of 50 wats per square foot with cfls. My main goal was to flood the box with as much light I could get into it with out having a heat problem.
The box is 18" x 18" x 3'.
Which gives me 2.5 square feet giving me 56 watts of light per square foot. I also had to take into effect the type of strain I was going to grow. Sativa or Indicas. I didn't want a tall plant, So I went with a mostly Indicas Strain, ICE and Bubblelious.

Picture108copy.jpg

Now notice the sides of my box, they are White. This is a material we used to reside the pontoon boat and it does bounce the light all around. I can't move my lights up and down in the box. I didn't want them to stretch so instead of point the light directly to the plants, I pointed them to the walls of the box. for a couple of weeks then pointed them directly at the plants. This work out really well for me. This is what it look like on the day I move them out of the box into the closet. And that was 28 days at veggie.

Picture_009_1.jpg

So in conclusion I figured, If flood the box with as much light as I could in there with out any light leakage, and there is light all around the plant, there would not really be any stretching. And I do believe I was correct. :)

I constructed the box for the main reason of keeping the plants isolate and nothing able to get in. My res. is under the box and that is where it drains. I also learned there the more lights, the better if you can keep the heat down.

here is my last pic of the closet with the 400 HPS over them at 15 days of Flowering.

Picture_007_11.jpg

This is my first Bubble grow. And in no way I would not be able to accomplish this with out reading every word that Roseman, MC, Pitviper, Irishboy, and many others information that I had to read so I could get a good concept as to what I had to do and how to do it.

Now I don't know what type of strain your friends plant is and it could be Sativa which will grow tall and skinny. I have 6 outdoor plants that were all bag seeds and they look to me to be all Sativa. I take that back, I only have 5 now. I lost one to a really bad storm here last week. :(

Mind you I am just a student here in front of the masters attempting to do things right. :)
OH CRAP I gotta go. MY White Sox are going to kick the Cubby's butts. Be back later guys, have a good one.

Thanks, Rose! Looks like anything from 6 to 7 is aok. High 6's look best. Looks like I won't need any cal-mag for soil! The bone meal in the FFOF soil should help with any iron problems. Right now I'm keeping my add water for soil around 6.3-6.5.

Soil is still working on it's third set but do look healthy. BP tank has plants on their 5th node and have been fimmed. I'm liking this strain. Fast out of the box. Especially in the bp. All are Jack Herer fems. My only problem looks to be when I need to send them to flower. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to have to top the bp plants to keep the veg height even. Might have to throw a big time supercrop at them.

Thanks, Rose! Looks like anything from 6 to 7 is aok. High 6's look best. Looks like I won't need any cal-mag for soil! The bone meal in the FFOF soil should help with any iron problems. Right now I'm keeping my add water for soil around 6.3-6.5.

Soil is still working on it's third set but do look healthy. BP tank has plants on their 5th node and have been fimmed. I'm liking this strain. Fast out of the box. Especially in the bp. All are Jack Herer fems. My only problem looks to be when I need to send them to flower. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to have to top the bp plants to keep the veg height even. Might have to throw a big time supercrop at them.

No journal for this grow MC?

Here, let me give you my take on veggie and cfl. After reading ohhh about 3 months of information, I had learned about the light, stretching and the grow medium room or box.

100_18871.jpg

and here are the lights. I used 3 42 watt eco bulbs that state to replace regular 200 watt bulbs.
I go by the thumb rule of 50 wats per square foot with cfls. My main goal was to flood the box with as much light I could get into it with out having a heat problem.
Which gives me 2.5 square feet giving me 56 watts of light per square foot. I also had to take into effect the type of strain I was going to grow. Sativa or Indicas. I didn't want a tall plant, So I went with a mostly Indicas Strain, ICE and Bubblelious.

Picture108copy.jpg

Now notice the sides of my box, they are White. This is a material we used to reside the pontoon boat and it does bounce the light all around. I can't move my lights up and down in the box. I didn't want them to stretch so instead of point the light directly to the plants, I pointed them to the walls of the box. for a couple of weeks then pointed them directly at the plants. This work out really well for me. This is what it look like on the day I move them out of the box into the closet. And that was 28 days at veggie.

Picture_009_1.jpg

So in conclusion I figured, If flood the box with as much light as I could in there with out any light leakage, and there is light all around the plant, there would not really be any stretching. And I do believe I was correct. :)

I constructed the box for the main reason of keeping the plants isolate and nothing able to get in. My res. is under the box and that is where it drains. I also learned there the more lights, the better if you can keep the heat down.

here is my last pic of the closet with the 400 HPS over them at 15 days of Flowering.

Picture_007_11.jpg

This is my first Bubble grow. And in no way I would not be able to accomplish this with out reading every word that Roseman, MC, Pitviper, Irishboy, and many others information that I had to read so I could get a good concept as to what I had to do and how to do it.

Now I don't know what type of strain your friends plant is and it could be Sativa which will grow tall and skinny. I have 6 outdoor plants that were all bag seeds and they look to me to be all Sativa. I take that back, I only have 5 now. I lost one to a really bad storm here last week. :(

Mind you I am just a student here in front of the masters attempting to do things right. :)
OH CRAP I gotta go. MY White Sox are going to kick the Cubby's butts. Be back later guys, have a good one.

Seems like you one of them Lurkers :) but nice lovely plants you got going. Hope you get some seeds and grow some Sticky :D:smokin:

100_18871.jpg

Picture108copy.jpg

Picture_009_1.jpg

Picture_007_11.jpg

thanks man,yea that was a good idea bouncing the light,its just bagseed so i have no idea,,,

There was some discussion earlier about it being against the rules to discuss strains by companies that weren't sponsors.

This isn't accurate - you can discuss any Cannabis strain that isn't named after a hard drug.

Our rule is only that you can't link to a seedbank that isn't a sponsor ;)

There was some discussion earlier about it being against the rules to discuss strains by companies that weren't sponsors.

This isn't accurate - you can discuss any Cannabis strain that isn't named after a hard drug.

Our rule is only that you can't link to a seedbank that isn't a sponsor ;)

Can you discuss it if you do not link to it? In other words can you name the place and say google it?

Just a note to H657433995, (not sure if I spelled it right) Bag seeds can kick ass !! just because you don't have a name on them don't mean that they ain't no good !! Someone bought them at one time, they must have been good enough to buy ! Now just be nice to them let them grow up big and strong and enjoy and if it's important make up a name !! :peace:

someone a while back said to try putting ona by your a/c intake,,,i tried it and it works great for a quick smell fix,i couldent get air to move through the container so i soaked a dryer sheet in ona and stuck it to the intake and no pot smell 5 min later,,a buddy walked in last night and was like "damn wtf you been smokin" (all i had smoked was some reg weed so i knew what smell he was talkin about lol) so i know i need to do it every other day or so now,,just letting you all know it works:thumb:

someone a while back said to try putting ona by your a/c intake,,,i tried it and it works great for a quick smell fix,i couldent get air to move through the container so i soaked a dryer sheet in ona and stuck it to the intake and no pot smell 5 min later,,a buddy walked in last night and was like "damn wtf you been smokin" (all i had smoked was some reg weed so i knew what smell he was talkin about lol) so i know i need to do it every other day or so now,,just letting you all know it works:thumb:

I put my Ona right in the growroom and had zero smell in the house. The Ona eats up the smell before it even leaves the room.

Well my youngest just left after bringing me a new toy ! He picked up a 320GB portable hard drive !! He got this online for 40 bucks !! Its a Toshiba , now I can back up all my pics etc . Just usb plug and bam its on !! Damn things are getting cheap ! Time to get busy :peace:

Can you discuss it if you do not link to it? In other words can you name the place and say google it?

Yes - you can name the place.

In most cases when discussing a strain you're talking about the breeder not the seedbank so there's usually not a conflict anyway.

For example Dinafem is huge in autoflower specialities as a breeder. Some of the Deep Water Culture use their genetics well (Doc Who's Roadrunner for example). I might frown a little if someone said they found this at nonsponsor dot com when I know that it's on the search menu of at least 4 of our sponsors - but we wouldn't edit it.

There's a fine line between reference and promotion, and we'd hope that our members would use our sponsors when possible. There aren't many strains that can't be found here

Beautiful girl Infexion. You are definately doing it right my brother. :peace:

Thanks for the heads up Soniq. I apreciate the job that you guys do. It is thankless and time consuming, but very necessary. I believe that most of us here will use 420 sponsors if at all possible. I have and will continue to do so. Peace to you and yours my brother. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom