The Deep Water Culture Home

and can anyone tell what color the trichs are,,this is just a zoomed photo
tich_pic.jpg

and can anyone tell what color the trichs are,,this is just a zoomed photo
tich_pic.jpg

Judging by the flowering time I'm going to have to assume they're clear. They really only start to change at around 6-7 weeks. And when they do change, they can change drastically almost overnight. :hookah:

well here we go folks... a few pictures from my day yesterday

moments before death:
IMG_9923.jpg

one final walk in the yard:
IMG_9925.jpg

white widow bud:
IMG_9932.jpg

I hope that drying this way will work for me, the box does a pretty good job of odor control, and my wife is all over me to maintain good odor control (and I don't blame her)
I figure that the babies on the veg side have a week or so to go, and these should be dry enough to jar in a week or so
I'm trying to make the best use of the technology at my disposal

the rack inside the bloom chamber
IMG_9939.jpg

first tray of buds to be trimmed
IMG_9940.jpg

they look clear to me bro

ditto, but can you zoom any closer?

Judging by the flowering time I'm going to have to assume they're clear. They really only start to change at around 6-7 weeks. And when they do change, they can change drastically almost overnight. :hookah:

ok,that what i thought to but was curious anyway.i dont knw if my clones will make it because i dont have any veg nutes(if cal-mag will work for now plz tel me.off topic plant but (and also im curious)can you grow mushrooms in hydro?i want to make a shroom box(not trippy shrooms,just rgular)im setting up a gardn next year for my g/f so we are grwing a few thing just for fun,and mabey sell some at the local farmers market if posible.

ok,that what i thought to but was curious anyway.i dont knw if my clones will make it because i dont have any veg nutes(if cal-mag will work for now plz tel me.off topic plant but (and also im curious)can you grow mushrooms in hydro?i want to make a shroom box(not trippy shrooms,just rgular)im setting up a gardn next year for my g/f so we are grwing a few thing just for fun,and mabey sell some at the local farmers market if posible.

Ha, it all depends how you look at it, most mushrooms are grown in a sort of hydroponic environment, but unfortunately (legal or not) we are unable to talk of that in this forum/site. PM me for a great site to discuss them with all sorts of fun guys....

Ha, it all depends how you look at it, most mushrooms are grown in a sort of hydroponic environment, but unfortunately (legal or not) we are unable to talk of that in this forum/site. PM me for a great site to discuss them with all sorts of fun guys....

mushrooms, fun guys... (fungi's) :thumb: :laugh:

Barto,

With the drying racks like that I would flip the buds every day or so for even drying.

Gravity works and the top side will get dryer then the side that lays against the filters even with good ventilation.

thanks for the tip, I was planning to do that
I'm also planning to rotate the racks to help keep things drying as uniformly as possible

Loving them Trichs on that plant barto. Just got me two new books on growing yesterday @ 20$ a piece. Got to love how things are illegal abut yet you can buy books on them LMAO

I am using tap water.
I started my grow with distilled water and I was having PH problems.
Maybe now that the pump and lines (not to mention the dead gnat) are out of the res, maybe I'll try going back to distilled, but it's gonna kill me since I need at least 18 gallons a week (6 for the res change, and 2 chilled gallons a day). :yikes:
The whole idea of growing it was so I didn't have to buy it, and so far I have spent enough that I probably could have paid for it until the end of the year.

Thanks for answering! :thanks:

i am using tap water as well. But I live in a big city and i checked the pH yesterday for the first time and it came out in the range of 5.5 to 5.7. I was surprised since everyone's tap water seems to be in the range of 7.0

First Barto & Bendog, looking great guys! :thumb:

Next....
EEEEEK! I have jellyfish! :yikes:

Tonight is D&R night, but today when I was adding my chilled water I noticed something floating in the res water.
I'm guessing it is some sort of algae, but I am calling it jellyfish.
What I saw looked almost like very thin white paper floating in the water.
The water itself smells fine, and is slightly cloudy (the nutes make it a bit cloudy), but when I stirred the water in the res around roughly a whole bunch of jellyfish started swimming around in the res!

Anyone have any idea on exactly what this is, and how to deal with it?
I'm already putting 6 tablespoons of H2O2 in the res, should I make it 12?
I have no light leaks in the tank - except when I remove the lid to remove and replenish 2 gallons of water a day, but that is for less than 10 minutes at a time.
Could it be from my heat issues? Or maybe the PH issues?
Since I didn't really see it until I stirred the water around, should I add another air pump and another (or more) stones?
I already have one 12 inch and one 6 inch stone in the res running off of one (cheap) air pump.

Tonight when I do my D&R I'm going to scrub out the res & the air stones before I add the fresh water.
Is there anything else I should do to prevent getting more jellyfish, or is it maybe not such a big problem?
:thanks:

i am using tap water as well. But I live in a big city and i checked the pH yesterday for the first time and it came out in the range of 5.5 to 5.7. I was surprised since everyone's tap water seems to be in the range of 7.0

Don't quote me on this (I'm pretty much a noob at all this), but I believe that the PH of drinking water is supposed to be no lower than 6.0, and I think that 7.0 is about the PH of distilled water (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) .
I live on the outskirts of what is considered a "big city" down here in the south, and the PH of my water out of the tap is 8.3!
With the PH problems I've had I wish mine was as low as yours! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom