The Everything SWICK Club: 2023 And Beyond

What I would do is test the wick first. Is it the same kind of material that Azi suggested earlier in this thread for a wicking rope? It's quite a thick wick so it may carry too much water up into the plant if it is straight in the water and it would depend on what your medium is too I would think. How about filling the mason jar with perlite to 2/3 way and then make a reservoir with that, water 2/3 of the way up the perlite and take the wick from the reservoir into a solo cup or similar that is placed on top of the mason jar with the wick pulled into the lower third of the medium, then see how it wicks. Either do this without the lid off and balanced on something grid-like so that there is air exchange happening at root level too, or punch a stack of holes into the lid for breathing but I don't like that idea. I think it would work better with the lid off. With the lid on there might be too little drainage and air. However, see below. I also would have thought that the light would be bad for the roots, but not from the look of Gee's work.
What medium do you grow in Cap? Test it out is what I'd do. Gee is swicking from mason jars and doing leafy salad plants that way too. Here's the reference. It looks like @Gee64 has the lids on still.... he'll know what to advise.
No lids, just the metal rings. The cups sit a bit better with the rings on.

No lids, just the metal rings. The cups sit a bit better with the rings on.
Why doesn't it adversely affect the roots being exposed to the light like that Gee?

What I would do is test the wick first. Is it the same kind of material that Azi suggested earlier in this thread for a wicking rope? It's quite a thick wick so it may carry too much water up into the plant if it is straight in the water and it would depend on what your medium is too I would think. How about filling the mason jar with perlite to 2/3 way and then make a reservoir with that, water 2/3 of the way up the perlite and take the wick from the reservoir into a solo cup or similar that is placed on top of the mason jar with the wick pulled into the lower third of the medium, then see how it wicks. Either do this without the lid off and balanced on something grid-like so that there is air exchange happening at root level too, or punch a stack of holes into the lid for breathing but I don't like that idea. I think it would work better with the lid off. With the lid on there might be too little drainage and air. However, see below. I also would have thought that the light would be bad for the roots, but not from the look of Gee's work.
What medium do you grow in Cap? Test it out is what I'd do. Gee is swicking from mason jars and doing leafy salad plants that way too. Here's the reference. It looks like @Gee64 has the lids on still.... he'll know what to advise.
I grow in 1/2 FFOF 1/2FFHF I just started 3 Golden Tiger using soil + @Bill284s method. CL🍀

I was thinking about doing like The Rolling Stones n paint it black.lol CL🍀
I'm doing some cloning from garden plants and I have them in water bottles which I put into black plastic grow bags and taped those up with duct tape to cover the roots when they come. Black plastic bags have some excellent uses! We've even developed a ShedTent made of garbage bags :D (been searching for a pic for ages but my search skills are not as well honed as Shed's)

Black plastic bags have some excellent uses! We've even developed a ShedTent made of garbage bags :D (been searching for a pic for ages but my search skills are not as well honed as Shed's)
dsc_9555-edit-jpg.2567445

This looks Yummy🥰 What is it?
Gee, it is the most delicious Bruce Banner #2 / #3 (still confused by the breeders as to what the difference it between the two.... anyway Bruce Banner.... and it is so yummy I might just have some now.. wanna share? :passitleft:

ugh I need to speak to admin because I can't use the landscape icon. This is what happens. I get a pic with a red X on it. I will try to copy paste.
Since this is an image you uploaded to your gallery, you can press the Camera icon in the editor and select the image to insert or you can go directly to the gallery photo page and grab the link to put between the IMG BB Code like you did:

image bb.png

OK so heres a weird observation. I'm not sure if its a swicking thing or random luck at long odds striking twice in 4 days.

Both the weed plant and the Carolina Reaper were sprouted in a swicky solo cup.

What are the odds of 2 worled phyllotax plants. I have only had 1 so far in my life.
20230203_060225.jpg

Weed plant 4 days ago

Screenshot_20230203_130400_Gallery.jpg

Carolina Reaper today.

Anyone else noticing this?

or you can go directly to the gallery photo page and grab the link to put between the IMG BB Code like you did:
Thank you sir! This is the feature I am talking about. The picture of the landscape that sits between the links and emojis. I have been clicking on the photos, copy pasting url and the error I get is the red X across the image. I would be using the feature to reference the work of others. Could you possibly walk me through it step by step please. Maybe I am copying the wrong info for the link.

OK so heres a weird observation. I'm not sure if its a swicking thing or random luck at long odds striking twice in 4 days.

Both the weed plant and the Carolina Reaper were sprouted in a swicky solo cup.

What are the odds of 2 worled phyllotax plants. I have only had 1 so far in my life.
20230203_060225.jpg

Weed plant 4 days ago

Screenshot_20230203_130400_Gallery.jpg

Carolina Reaper today.

Anyone else noticing this?
plant telepathy? It's a thing :)

Gee, it is the most delicious Bruce Banner #2 / #3 (still confused by the breeders as to what the difference it between the two.... anyway Bruce Banner.... and it is so yummy I might just have some now.. wanna share? :passitleft:
Why yes I do!😍👊

Thank you sir! This is the feature I am talking about. The picture of the landscape that sits between the links and emojis. I have been clicking on the photos, copy pasting url and the error I get is the red X across the image. I would be using the feature to reference the work of others. Could you possibly walk me through it step by step please. Maybe I am copying the wrong info for the link.
Yea, I have an idea of what you're doing:

You're copy/pasting it here:
editor pic.png

If the image was uploaded to the gallery, you just need to follow my instructions:
Since this is an image you uploaded to your gallery, you can press the Camera icon in the editor and select the image to insert or you can go directly to the gallery photo page and grab the link to put between the IMG BB Code like you did:

image bb.png
See the red bolded part in the quote above and the screenshot from the message.

There are alternative ways to embed a gallery image too in a post to make it easier.

Example:
Camera icon in the editor and select the image
The other BB Codes are available there too if you don't want to use the current method you're using.

Feel free to start a PM with me and test out the BB Codes to get a better feeling of them.

20230208_162155.jpg

The big swicker got a haircut.

20230209_080005.jpg

The little swicker babies are doing fantastic.❤️ Time for new res water.

Screenshot_20230209_080830_Gallery.jpg

The Mutant Swicker, Probably should join The Everything Mutant Swick Club...But hey, we don't judge.

Screenshot_20230209_080857_Gallery.jpg

The swicker clones are still looking happy.

Screenshot_20230209_080757_Gallery.jpg

And just in case the swicker clones don't work out, I have roots starting on some bubbler clones to transplant directly to a swick pot.

20230212_052302.jpg
20230212_052309.jpg

The 1st swicky pad the wife made kept losing suction. It wasn't absorbant enough.

This peach colored one is extremely absorbant and the plant is loving it.

The plant got a full hair cut and I will start to fill it out for flower now.

20230212_174601.jpg
20230212_174529.jpg

There is a new round of roots poking through about a third of the way down from the top now.
20230212_172714.jpg

The swicky clones are really big. Yesterday was day 13, and it was 7 7/8 inches across its 1st set of leaves.

20230212_052409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom