The Happy Cola Company's Official Ground Up Medical Cannabis Grow Op

Nothing on weight yet. Curious to see how the 9 Pound Hammer checks in on average. It's by far the most "piney" smelling strain I think I've ever grown.
The rest of table 1 was our Fast Jack. She's a great producer, just wish we could breed a stiffer stalk structure. The stalks simply cant support the buds. Been that way from the git go with that strain.
I still gotta go with the Gotham City Cookies as my first pick. Hats off to Colorado Gary for that strain. Great producer and high, repeatable THC numbers.
The lack of insects on this 3rd grow really allowed the ladies to concentrate on building hard, solid dense buds instead of fighting for dear life with all the resources they could muster.
This crop will be what the first and second crop were supposed to be. Something to be proud to hang our hats one.
I'll chime in with the final figures soon. The heaviest we hung up today was around 2700 grams cut weight. I'm thinking after dry and cure she'll be an easy 1/2 pound if not more. I'm still holding out for that elusive 1 pound dried cured weight plant.
20201128_103504.jpg

One pound from an indoor plant without a long veg will be impressive, outdoors I hit over a pound, but best I’ve done indoors has been about 250g, little over 1/2 lb.

You mention the pine smell of the 9 lb Hammer, what’s the smoke like? I love the lemon and pine smelling strains.
I cant honestly say how it smokes. The last crop wasn't a winner so I haven't really sat down and sessioned with it.. I'll chime in when this batch is out of cure.

Quick update. We just processed row 1. It consisted of our Fast Jack (true 8 week plant) and our rather disappointing 9 Pound Hammer.
Nonetheless row 1 which had 28 plants (out of 32 possible sites)
So my theory of 1/2 pound plants should net us 14 pounds.
Here's what we got.
Almost 12 pounds of beautiful Fast Jack bud. Of that, we ended up with right at 3 lbs of savory kief-rich Fast Jack sugar leaf.
The 9 Pound Hammer netted us right at 4 lbs of manicured bud and close to 2 lbs of sugar leaf.. (where's the sugar?)
I'm disappointed in the 9 Pound and so is my partner. So much so, the 40 or so 4 ft plants in the veg room are being cut from the menu. We will replace them with a Gold Leaf run.
Truth told, I could see an entire room full of our Gotham City Cookies. The buds are as fat as bananas and the color has a lot of purple.
20201213_125723.jpg

Tomorrow, we begin taking down Row ll which is primarily all 9 Pound Hammer....bla...

On another note, the last snowstorm we had was bad enough to get to finally take on automated reservoir level in the flower room. If 12 hrs goes by and for whatever reason we cant get to the grow, the 27 gallon reservoirs are sucking air. Not good. Not acceptable.
So you know me and 1x2 steel 14 gauge tubing, so I went to work with a solution that's easy to remove and reliable. A float valve has done just that for over 100 years so why not?

20201213_140409.jpg
20201213_140345.jpg

We ran tap water and R.O. water to four areas in the upstairs Phase ll area, so I tapped into the R.O. feed located above FL-1 and dropped it through the ceiling. I used PEX on all the plumbing, but here 1/2" PVC is used for the rail mounted distribution manifold. We need 4 ports.
As stupidly simple as this is, I wish we'd have done it much sooner.
I rigged row 3 up to a temp feed supply last night and this morning when I arrived it was topped off to perfection! Cant wait to get them all plugged in. I might be able to sleep in now and again!
WooHoo!!!

Guess you can call it 4 LB Hammer!
Very cool about the Gotham City Cookies though, gonna look into that strain!
Always fun watching and learning along the way with you, great job man! So the yields are a little down from
where you'd hoped they'd be, but still product to take to market!

Excellent journal here, THO! So very interesting and informative to see an operation of this scale from the ground up. Thank you for sharing this! :green_heart:

A while back I chimed in on our newest addition to streamlining with the Happy Cola Media Shaker 6000. Though it stood pretty cool on it's own, and truly exceeds even my expectations, after automating it with the Ardruino architecture, it really it a very cool upgrade.
First off, my hat's off to my son, the "Brapster" dug into the code and created what is called a "Sketch", which is basically all the programming language to pull this seemingly small task off with repeatable precision. For anyone thinking that's a simple, easy task is probably mistaken. For instance, we battled with the program as it kept doing weird random operations and we couldn't figure out why...until we were able to put a program on an oscilloscope of sorts where we could "see" what was happening. Who knew when you hit a momentary switch for a split second the program interprets 20 something button pushes at the same time? Not me. Programmers call it "bounce".
20201220_142122.jpg

Now that it functions as designed, here's the operation sequence:
1. Hit start button and hold for 3 seconds.
2. Water valve is energized and begins spraying H2o on 50 liters of expanded clay.
3. Shaker motor starts and runs about 20 seconds before Hydrogen injection to insure overall media saturation
4. 12 volt 80 psi pump begins injecting Hydrogen Peroxide at the inlet of the distribution manifold via a
an orifice that mixes one pint of peroxide into the spray manifold. This mixes with approximately 6 gallons of water.
5. Hydrogen pump shuts off. Water remains on. Shaker motor remains on. This sequence is approximately 2 minutes
6. Water valve is closed. Shaker motor remains on, doing a heckuva job of getting most of the water out of the clay pellets:ganjamon:
7. Shaker motor runs alone for about 1 minute.
8. Wash operation complete

20201220_142056.jpg

A one quart bottle of dollar store peroxide will allow the cleaning of two independent batches or a total of 100 liters of expanded clay. Pop a new bottle in and your good for 2 more rounds.

At this stage, you drop the gate and install the dump chute, then hold the Up button on the orange control pad down for yes, 3 seconds and be sure you have you catch barrel set up. Bed begins to lift. A few seconds later the shaker motor comes on, effectively sending the majority of the expanded clay down the chute and into the 55 gallon barrel, cleaned and ready to be put back to work again. This method is FAR superior at removing salts (which is the biggest issue with expanded clay) of any other method I have seen to date including our cement mixer method.

20201220_142129.jpg

I guess the coolest part of this is being able to load it. Hit a start button and leave, doing something else while it's working like a washing machine, all by itself. That makes The Happy One a happy fellow indeed! Even more importantly, this is allowing us to "familiarize" ourselves with the Andruino, because this was a test to see if we thought this architecture was capable of shall we say "bigger projects".

I'm pleased to report it does, so you can expect an upcoming project in automating the grow, large scale style. I'm talking automating PH and TDS, lighting, co2 controls, flood monitoring as well as maybe automating our curing process. As we bring more rooms online, we are seeing the importance of simplifying as many processes as we can.
Keep in mind, we could go out and buy some VERY pricey commercial hydroponic controls that will do the same thing but that's not what this thread is about. Once you see how truly inexpensive this can be done provided your willing to really dig in, you'd wonder why everyone isn't doing it.

This success of the Media Shaker 6000 has insured some pretty cool garden automation is coming. Stay tuned!

Quick update. We are STILL battling that microscopic predator, the hemp mite, and seems to have honed in on one strain. The 9 Pound Hammer. I have been religiously and systematically applying an alternating insecticide in the veg room consistently, using SafeSoap on one application followed up with a sulpher spraying 4 or five days later, and most recently went from using the fogger to hand pump sprayer. I feel I am able to really drench the plants with a hand sprayer.
Frankly, I'm ready to rip the entire 9 Pound Hammer DNA from the property. We take a vote this evening.

We've now processed row 1 and 2, and though we haven't hit the one pound of processed bud per plant, we had one of the 9 Pound Hammer's register 388 grams of processed bud, so we may be under a pound but we hit well over half a pound! Also, it looks like a handful of Gotham CIty Cookies might actually beat the 388 gram record. Should know within a week or so. It's pretty easy to hit the 1/2 pound mark, so hats off to Atreum Lighting on their 288 boards. These lights just rock. Period. They recently added two rows of 660 nm reds to their new boards, so you can expect this upgrade to make it's way into the remaining two upcoming flower rooms.
Even though the room is lit with 3k LED lights, they put off enough of a red spectrum it makes taking accurate photos pretty much impossible. I need to go in with lights off and snap some pictures so you can appreciate how beautiful the ladies really are. The Gotham City strain would make a righteous magazine cover. The colors are amazing!
20201123_102936.jpg

Quick update. We are STILL battling that microscopic predator, the hemp mite, and seems to have honed in on one strain. The 9 Pound Hammer. I have been religiously and systematically applying an alternating insecticide in the veg room consistently, using SafeSoap on one application followed up with a sulpher spraying 4 or five days later, and most recently went from using the fogger to hand pump sprayer. I feel I am able to really drench the plants with a hand sprayer.
Frankly, I'm ready to rip the entire 9 Pound Hammer DNA from the property. We take a vote this evening.

We've now processed row 1 and 2, and though we haven't hit the one pound of processed bud per plant, we had one of the 9 Pound Hammer's register 388 grams of processed bud, so we may be under a pound but we hit well over half a pound! Also, it looks like a handful of Gotham CIty Cookies might actually beat the 388 gram record. Should know within a week or so. It's pretty easy to hit the 1/2 pound mark, so hats off to Atreum Lighting on their 288 boards. These lights just rock. Period. They recently added two rows of 660 nm reds to their new boards, so you can expect this upgrade to make it's way into the remaining two upcoming flower rooms.
Even though the room is lit with 3k LED lights, they put off enough of a red spectrum it makes taking accurate photos pretty much impossible. I need to go in with lights off and snap some pictures so you can appreciate how beautiful the ladies really are. The Gotham City strain would make a righteous magazine cover. The colors are amazing!
20201123_102936.jpg
Would you like me to introduce you to our rep at Sierra Natural Science?

I'm sure we can get you a bulk discount from our long time Sponsor.

They make all kinds of natural pest control, some even certified organic.

20201123_102936.jpg
Super cool!

Back
Top Bottom