The Lower Leaves Of My Cannabis Plants Have Been Falling For No Apparent Reason

Hello everyone,

I've been cultivating this cannabis plant since august/september 2022. Nevertheless, I've noticed the lower pairs of leaves have been dying lately, for no apparent reason. Do someone knows what may be occuring and, if does, how do I remedy it?

IMG_3135.png

IMG_3136.png

IMG_3135.png

IMG_3136.png

What kind of soil/media are you growing in? Also what kind of nutes and light are you using. It definitely need more or better light, the plant is real stretchy (big spaces between the nodes). Bottom leaves yellowing like that can have a few different causes, one is overwatering, another is the plant is rootbound and needs transplanting, or it could be lack of nutrients.

What is happening with this plant, why is it 3 leaves down below and only one up top? Did it go into flower at some point and get re-vegged ?
Plant definitely needs more light than it is getting, either pull the light down lower, or put the plant up on something to get her closer.
Good catch! It looks like at about the 5th node it started going from opposite nodes to alternating nodes (like it wants to flower). Once the light issue gets settled, it'll be a good candidate for some serious LST to try and encourage more bud sites.

I've noticed the lower pairs of leaves have been dying lately, for no apparent reason. Do someone knows what may be occuring and, if does, how do I remedy it?
Welcome to the group. With a bit of time the active growers here will be able to get the plant's problem sorted out and back on a track.

The couple of leaves on the bottom that are turning yellow and falling off is not that big of a deal at this point. If you are able to get a few of the other issues figured out and those leaves keep falling off then it would be time to get a bit more into what is going on.

As the others have already mentioned there does look like a light problem. By the looks of things it could be that you are using one of the LED lights that is nick-named 'Blurple' for blueish-purple colored light. It is possible that the light is not strong enough for the situation or that it is way too far above the plant. Or it is possible that it is both. Can you tell us a bit more about the light and how far above the top of the plant it is?

Looks like it is in some sort of potting soil mix, either home-made or commercial. Let us know about the grow medium that the roots are in.

I also have the feeling that it is not getting enough water to grow as fast as it should. A weak light and not enough water can really slow down a plant no matter how good the soil is. Let us know about the watering schedule.

Get everything sorted out and then think about topping somewhere just above where the nodes start to alternate. Sort it all out and let it start to grow fast from where it is at right now and the main stem will not be as thick and as strong as it needs to be to support that new canopy growth, especially once it goes into flower.

The fan leaves turned yellow for a reason and they are falling off for a reason….. they are not getting much light down there and the plant has decided to suck stored nutrients out of the bottom leaves and send those resources to the top of the plant.

your girl is doing a reveg as indicted by the single blades fan leaves on top. Her growth will appear to just stall out for many weeks during reveg process. She was trying to flower then her light hours were increased so now the top of the plant is doing a reveg process. There is nothing you can do but hang on….. after weeks she will change from singled bladed fan leaves and start growing 3 bladed fans again, after even more time elapses she will revert to growing normal 5 bladed fan leaves… once she reverts back to 5 bladed fans then it will resume growing as normal but with the added feature of the plant now being monster cropped. Monster cropped (plants that have been revegged) plants will grow into bushy beasts…

Its gonna take time to get thru the reveg but for now keep her light hours around 14 to 18 hours of lights ON each day. Shes a lanky gal with legs a mile long so that leads us to suspect your light is too far away and/or greatly underpowered… you might want to look up specs on your light to find out the true wattage draw from the wall outlet…

welcome aboard Southern!!

Back
Top Bottom