The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the tip drip you're talking about for N toxicity?And if so do you remedy with just RO water for a feed or 2?
How much and how often is she being fed? How long has she been getting that amount?
What's the medium she's in?
Is it RO water you're using to mix your nutes?
Are you adding anything else?

EDIT: It occurred to me you may not be using MegaCrop. Sorry for assuming so. It is an MC thread after all ;)

Is this the tip drip you're talking about for N toxicity?And if so do you remedy with just RO water for a feed or 2?
IMG_20191126_011701.jpg
that's the one. I am backing up my N by reducing the Mc to 10g\L and only 5ml calmag and silica. just going to see how they respond. no damage at all just the claw starting for me. yours do look a little over fed by the yellowing in edges too. no harm in backing it up till it corrects. If coco you could try a flush and restart at a lower dose maybe?. lots of pros in here . hopefully someone will let us know if this is the wrong route ?.

How much and how often is she being fed? How long has she been getting that amount?
What's the medium she's in?
Is it RO water you're using to mix your nutes?
Are you adding anything else?

EDIT: It occurred to me you may not be using MegaCrop. Sorry for assuming so. It is an MC thread after all ;)
Correct you are on the mega crop, i use RO to mix it as well.
I just transplanted from a solo cup into the 3 gallon and that's when this issue arose. I haven't watered since the transplant about a week ago and when I did transplant I lightly moistened the soil and mixed it as I filled the pot but the soil wasn't very wet. After throwing her in i wet the top layer of soil and a bit on the edges, nowhere near run off amount with MC at 4/g a gallon, too strong of a feed too soon I'm thinking

I just transplanted from a solo cup into the 3 gallon and that's when this issue arose. I haven't watered since the transplant about a week ago and when I did transplant I lightly moistened the soil and mixed it as I filled the pot but the soil wasn't very wet. After throwing her in i wet the top layer of soil and a bit on the edges, nowhere near run off amount with MC at 4/g a gallon, too strong of a feed too soon I'm thinking
Mr S is a pro. he has your back now mate.

I’m at 6 grams so far so good had some cone leafs on one plant upped a hair growing fine now but to me wen u have 48 goin at the same time hard to keep them all happy

Gettin right with Jesus
he went to my school , knocked around with a lad called Pontius who was obsessed with planes !! Pair of nerds but Jesus was ace at water polo.

I’m at 6 grams so far so good had some cone leafs on one plant upped a hair growing fine now but to me wen u have 48 goin at the same time hard to keep them all happy
That's what she said !

that's the one. I am backing up my N by reducing the Mc to 10g\L and only 5ml calmag and silica. just going to see how they respond. no damage at all just the claw starting for me. yours do look a little over fed by the yellowing in edges too. no harm in backing it up till it corrects. If coco you could try a flush and restart at a lower dose maybe?. lots of pros in here . hopefully someone will let us know if this is the wrong route ?.
Yea I ran 4g/gallon too soon I'm thinking and my previous soil and nutes had 0 potassium so I think it threw off the NPK ratio pretty badly

OK, so it looks like two things going on. Some Mg def as well. Your N levels are high so it's possible the demand for Mg is higher causing the Mg issue. Scale back to 3g on the next feeding. Is the soil hot she went into?

OK, so it looks like two things going on. Some Mg def as well. Your N levels are high so it's possible the demand for Mg is higher causing the Mg issue. Scale back to 3g on the next feeding. Is the soil hot she went into?
Yes, it's the coast of Maine organic soil, if you grow in a 15 gallon it's advertised as a water only soil from seed to finish but if you do a smaller pot you have to use a squid amendment they sell which has the 0 potassium levels and Kickstarted this issue

coast of Maine organic soil
OK a quick look at their website and I can't find the NPK of that product. It looks high in N being a seed to harvest soil and most likely a time released product. Why did you want to use the MC with it? Did you have an issue?

Knowing what I know now, I would stop with the Megacrop altogether and feed straight water with low level N calmag.

The soil being an organic potting soil would have enough K in it so the fact the squid ammendment had a K of 0 is not an issue.
I germinated my seeds and put them into their organic seed starting soil in 1.1l pots for my 2 raspberry cought and in a solo cup for the DK orange pictured above. Before they were ready to transplant the had the potassium deficiency. As it was a seedling soil they used the nutes quicker than I expected and needed to be fed but weren't ready to be transplanted yet. At this point Emily's recommended the mega crop to me so I ordered the sample and after a few days of growth I transplanted and that's where I'm at currently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom