The Micro Perp - The Ups & Downs of a Newb?

HoochKid

Hey Lords,

Just a newb trying to grow a scoob. Been at this a couple of times, reading lots and making plenty mistakes to learn from.

Cut a few clones from the 3 seeds of CK I grew. 1 died, one hermed early in veg one I kept seemed nice? Havent even got flowers off it yet and PC was a UFO.

Heres the cab

IMG_022642.JPG

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? CK & PC BARNEYS
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? F
If in Veg... For how long? 6+ WEEKS
If in Flower stage... For how long? 1 WEEK
Indoor or outdoor? IN
Soil or Hydro? S
Size of light? 300W LED
Is it aircooled? 6 INCH EXHAUST?
Temp of Room/cab? 78-92F
RH of Room/cab? 35-60
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? N
How often are you watering? WHEN NEEDED
Type and strength of ferts used? JUNGLE JUICE

Got a couple of problems. Will post when I get the hang of the photos and all the jazz to make it work. Just a test post. Hope some can come along and help. Shout to LA and a couple others who inspired me to do this. Will try weekly posts? We shall see.

Take care all.

re: The Micro Perp - The Ups & Downs of a Newb?

Subbing to your grow. I'm new to growing my medicine, but have spent a lifetime around garden plants. I cut my first clones off of a clone of my own a few weeks ago. So know we appear to be near the same points in the curve here.

Sweet dude. Thanks for stopping in. Will be back with some pics and problems soon. Will check out grow when I can.

Sorry about the erratic photo posts. The top is CK after 8 days flower. The mum showed pistils in veg one day with the clones at maybe 3 weeks. It was weird even the PC. Not sure??? But anyway took clones off both and flowering are 3 ck clones, 1 ck mum, and the PC mum. The Ck mum is the last photo and the post above. Its showing slow growth small fan leaves heavy purpling of stems much more than the others and showing heaps more yellowing leaves? Nitrogen lockout? Mag? IDK

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Will try get better pics soon.

HK

Hey there, hope you don't mind me stopping in.
Purpling of the stems, and yellowing of the leaves definitely sounds like you've got a nutrient deficiency or lockout issue, most likely is phosphorus.
What is the medium's current ph level?

Current ph level I cant tell you. Will test runoff next watering. I have been ph ing all nute/water feeds to 6.5. Just seems strange, has had all the same treatment as the others but has responded very differently. will test ph runoff on the sick one and report back. really appreciate you stopping by jinn. the more the merrier. :)

IMG_009941.JPG

from last run. the purple stems were a common occurrence. u can see them in this pic

Current ph level I cant tell you. Will test runoff next watering. I have been ph ing all nute/water feeds to 6.5. Just seems strange, has had all the same treatment as the others but has responded very differently. will test ph runoff on the sick one and report back. really appreciate you stopping by jinn. the more the merrier. :)

When growing our several plants, even the same strain you'll notice each one has its own tolerance for things. (unless theyre all cloned from the same mother) Sometimes its something small that will affect them, other times its something major, but you get to know your girls pretty quickly and can prevent most issues from happening.

that being said, glad to be here, can't wait to see the end results.

Back again for a quick update. Fed yesterday before problem was put up on the board with phd water with half dose calmag and Epsom salt.

IMG_026035.JPG

problem plant back left not doing as well as the rest. ill try to find a pick off new growth. seems less red???

IMG_033131.JPG

last left from prior run

IMG_022936.JPG

leaf problem on PC, overfed? mag? not sure otherwise powering along?

IMG_031830.JPG

PC I think. will check

thanks jinn for stopping in. hope these pics might get a few others to chime in. :thanks:

Epsom salt generally helps with your sulfur, magnesium, as well as improving uptake of phosphorous and nitrogen.
As for the yellowing/browning/rust spots, its normally indicative of a cal/mag deficiency.
But since you're using cal/mag and epsom salt the only thing I can think of is a lockout of calcium due to the over abundance of magnesium. (from the mingling of the cal/mag and epsom salts)

interesting. maybe I should flush next and change the recipe. in 6L of water I use 1ml usually calmag/L and not quite half a teaspoon of Epsom. too much there maybe?

@jinn. Ive been using 1ml per litre as the instructions on the bottle say. However have noticed some better growth and no purpling since I added Epsom salt to the feed.

Here's an update at the end of week 3 Day21

IMG_055928.JPG

Had to get the light up a bit after the stretch. This is as high as she goes I think

IMG_057322.JPG

CK
IMG_057226.JPG

CK
IMG_057632.JPG

Everything seems on track apart from my sick CK mother. Just cant get it to come round and have just about given up on her. The stretch seems to be over and pistils are spurting and a bit of frost.

One question I have is on molassess. When should I be using it and can I use it with Big Bud(powder) or should I be using one or the other.

Would appreciate any comments/criticisms.

Stay safe. Happy holidays.

Sorry guys one more. This is the pineapple chunk. Just checked ur thread jinn seems ur doing one as well. Mine is a slow grower and doesn't seem to like being topped and lst'd. Is this strain a keeper in ur garden.

IMG_056727.JPG

Back
Top Bottom