The Micro Perp - The Ups & Downs of a Newb?

Your girls look beautiful man, I can't wait for my girls to stop stretching and start packing on buds!
but to business,
Molasses: use it until the last week/week and a half. It not only contains sugars for bud production but also a host of micro nutrients that will help everything from root development, to heat stress.
Make sure it is unsulphured, and yes you can use it with big bud.

CK clone mother, give us some shots of her, and we'll see if we can help.

Pineapple chunk: Pineapple chunk from what I've seen in almost every journal that hosts it, is a touchy girl.
Everyone says its an outstanding smoke, so I'm going to make my decision based on the medical qualities she provides.
That being said, in terms of LST and topping, she was a little more difficult because she's so stout and compact ( i have the VERY indica pheno) but if you start early, at the 4th node and keep on her, she responds well to the training.
After I had my initial issues with PC at the start of my grow, I haven't had a single problem with her. So if she smokes as well as everyone says, I'll run her again in the future.

I will without a doubt be running Critical Super Silver Haze again though!

Below is a pic of the sick critical kush(mother to the 3 healthy ones I have in the front of the tent.

Seems slow, stunted, yellow leafed and showing a mildew/white powder on the leaves.

Please tell me what u think has happened.

IMG_053825.JPG

are you sure its mold/mildew and not residue from water/feed?
because if it is mold/mildew it needs to be moved from your other plants to prevent spreading. And you need to address the issues that caused it, like excess humidity, or a colony of spores that got in.

I can't be sure from just those two pics, but it looks like alot of it is dying and decaying under neath the canopy. growth like that should be trimmed to help prevent further disease.
I'm gonna post a link to your grow in my journal to see if I can get some of my buddies to give you some insight!

Jinn sent us - so here we are - SUBBED!

subbed. how close is your light to your plants? some strains naturally have purple stems (like snow white).

Hey Hooch...as per Jinn's link i am here......i havent had any experience with mold with cannabis, but i have had issues with powdery mold in my green house......and if that is indeed mold Jinn is correct....you need to address that immediately as it spreads very quickly as it did in the greenhouse.......and can ruin your entire crop......what is your average humidity and tempatures in the tent.....sorry if i missed that but my issues in the greenhouse were due to high humidity and not enough air flow.....anyway i am here and will help anyway i can.....even though i am a relative noob with weed too....but have made a few mistakes along the way....but you are in the right place to find the help you need:)

Thanks for coming along guys.

So after posting in Jinn's thread how I had mites first grow and sealed the cab better and have been lucky thus far. Then I thought mites ey.... sure as shit the little creatures are chewing that back plant to death.

I had to kill her. Not happy, but it was looking real sad.

Now... the mites are in there how am I going to kill these suckers. I have neem oil - apply via spray in warm water?

Other than that im pretty stumped.

Pretty off myself for not catching this sooner but we push on. Im thinking of cutting the scrog net out so I cant move the plants into the light better. Any thoughts???

Thanks to Jinn for getting my problem out there. Thanks Green Dreamz, b.real, Subnoise and mrrobert420. Great to have you guys on board.

Happy growing :)

One of the most effective ways of getting rid of mites is making your own spray out of: 2.0% rosemary oil (like SNS-217),0.5% lemongrass oil, 0.5% peppermint oil, and distilled water.

Then applying the spray to all affected areas, be sure to raise the lights or apply right before lights out, in order to prevent burning your plants.
Be sure to inspect EVERY plant in there, and apply the spray as needed if leaves/buds are too infested, remove them.
Also, taking all of the plants out of the area and doing a scrub down/spray down is a must.

The rosemary/mint/lemongrass oil mix will also smother the eggs, so after a few spray downs spaced a couple days apart your infestation should be a thing of the past.

Hey mate. Thanks for dropping by. That sounds good will give them a spraydown with this recipe. Where do I get these oils. Standard grocery store?

Woah. So they want 16bucks at a health food store. So I might just go into the store grab the raw items - beat em in the pestle and mortar - extract the oil add to water and bingo? Might be hard to get the amounts correct but I will use a syringe to try fix that. Seems legit.

Hey guys.

Just an quick update at week 4 (28 days) so things are going okay but the mite spray has seemed to hurt some leaves and slowed bud growth idk? The mites are hard to control but the population seems to be slowing down, but there are lots of eggs :(

Gonna keep battling the buggers and see if I can get a semi decent result.

Without further a do, the pics

IMG_076520.JPG

IMG_076322.JPG

IMG_076230.JPG

IMG_076134.JPG

IMG_075932.JPG

IMG_075834.JPG

IMG_075726.JPG

IMG_075329.JPG

IMG_074926.JPG

IMG_074835.JPG

IMG_074734.JPG

IMG_074621.JPG

IMG_074129.JPG

IMG_072430.JPG

IMG_071730.JPG

IMG_069738.JPG

IMG_069631.JPG

IMG_068130.JPG

IMG_067929.JPG

IMG_075225.JPG

youre going to see slightly stunted growth due to the damage from the mites mostly, the spray does affect the leaves natural processes though.
A few more applications over another week or so should eliminate all the eggs,future spawn, and allow normal growth to continue.

youre going to see slightly stunted growth due to the damage from the mites mostly, the spray does affect the leaves natural processes though.
A few more applications over another week or so should eliminate all the eggs,future spawn, and allow normal growth to continue.

Thanks for the reassurance. Things are looking good and I don't want to ditch the crop. Ill keep battling with the spray.

In contrary to what Jinn said.. do not remove leaves affected by a deficiency UNTIL you KNOW you have solved the issue. This will just cause other leaves to become affected and make your plant look even more sickly. Once the deficiency is solved, i would actually leave the leaves on, as the plant will pull any remaining stored nutrients from the leaf before naturally shedding it itself.

Home remedies work well sometimes, but your best bet would be just get some SNS-203 or 217 for mites, gnats, aphids, thrips and shore flies. Any good grow store will sell it, or at best can order it in for you.

I just battled a bout of mildew in my grow box and i can safely suggest Nutrilife SM-90 for powdery mildew (and exceptional root growth too!!). Wipe down all your plants down first with a wet paper towel. Wet so that the spores dont get spread. Then, mix up in a 5:1 ratio of water to SM-90 in a spray bottle, spray down all the plants and the surrounding areas DURING LIGHTS ON!! Its imperative that you spray during lights on as the natural oils in the solution work with the Ultraviolet light and kill mold spores. The same can be said for milk spray solutions for powdery mildew. LIGHTS ON! The protein in milk when exposed to ultraviolet light from the sun (or HID lights) works as an antiseptic and kills powdery mildew as well..

Just some info, although it doesn't like you are experiencing powdery mildew. It definitely does look like some sort of nutrient lock out. I'm guessing by the dificult to judge pictures, you're experiencing a calcium lockout.

A feeding with fresh nutrients and a full does of a Cal/mag supplement from any trusted nutrient company should fix your deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom