The Micro Perp - The Ups & Downs of a Newb?

Ive only advocated the removal of leaves that are dead,dying or overly infested with mites. I said nothing of deficiency related removal.

Apologies good sir, i must have read wrong!

Hey Guys,

Back to work, so its been tricky getting any updates going. So to sum up the week for plants it hasn't been good. Super hot and humid conditions have done some damage along with my standard deficiency problems have set me back a little. The PC is on life support and is not putting on any weight? Its not growing and now showing some wounds. The CK's are doing well. I think I will be running clones of only this next time. Anyway pics to follow shortly.

Firstly, forgot to give a shout to Jinn and Greenthumb J for the help. Appreciate you guys sharing the knowledge.

Thanks Green Dreamz for stopping in bud.

Here's where things are at the end of week 5.

IMG_089419.JPG

IMG_089317.JPG

IMG_088919.JPG

IMG_088420.JPG

These are all of the Critical Kush. Looking a lot better than last time. Getting pretty pumped for harvest.

And this post will highlight the deficiencies that have been present. Some discussion on these issues would be awesome so I know how to better battle next time round.

IMG_077128.JPG

IMG_077733.JPG

IMG_078126.JPG

This leaf was off the CK

And finally heres the Pineapple Chunk on life support. Not putting on weight and now has some serious burning. I flushed the soil and re nuted, no change for better or worse in 24 hours. So we'll see. Help on saving this would be appreciated, but for 5 weeks flower its looking really shit.

IMG_088020.JPG

IMG_085025.JPG

I wish i could help with what the deficiency is but i am still learning myself....will be watching for some input though......man i though my PC in veg looked bad......yours kind of reminds me of my first one i grew.....had to harvest a couple of weeks early cause all the leaves started dying like yours are.......i dont know if it is anything you did or just the pheno like mine did:).....anyway....nice bud shots.....some frostiness going on there;)

Since it looks like multiple things going on with the plants I'd suggest its a ph thing.
I would do what I had to make certain the PH levels were acceptable. Because I honestly think it's a ph lock out issue not so much an actual deficiency in the medium. So flush, and do not add additional feed.

Thanks for stopping in fellas. So jinn - ill flush again and see how go with no nutes at all. Just out of interest what is your ideal Ph in soil. Cheers

looks like nutrient deficiencies in the first set of photos and nutrient burn in the second set of photos. in one my of my previous grows I had a plant with severe calcium burn and she still made big flowers so don't worry too much.

Hey Jinn. Ive actually been using that chart as my guide. I have Ph'd to 6.5 for as long as I can remember. There was a youtube grower I checked out that did 6.8 during flower. Seems as though cal/mag issues are my biggest prob so keeping with 6.5 seems like plants will have access to those nutes at least.

Thanks for the input guys. Always appreciated.

HK

One way to make lockouts less likely, is ph to 6.5 for a week, ph to 6.6 for a week, etc... that way you cover the top and bottom of the spectrum and get all of the nutrients through that cycling.
I do that with my plants although Im running coco/perlite. I change the strength and ph of my feed every time to accommodate the cycle.

Nice. That's an interesting thought. Ph so as to give them a bit of everything over a few waterings. Makes sense. Will implement this next run. good info as always. happy growing

Back
Top Bottom