The new grower here hello all please help me

Purpling stems could be genetics.

With out pictures it’s hard to say. More than likely you have your ph a little high or low.

do you have a way to test your ph?

:Namaste:

Even when it’s 80 to 85 degrees in the room and it was like this before and went away and now it’s back
I’m not saying it’s not a Deficiency. I’m saying without knowing the genetics or even the strain and knowing it’s indica it could have the trait. Cool weather helps the color but genetics play the biggest part. I also get purple stems on new growth often. Read your leaves. I really don’t pay much attention to the stem. If the plant looks healthy except for that. Like mentioned check the ph because stress and ph imbalance can cause red stems.

My ph is almost 7 it’s like 6.9. I’ve got an old soil ph meter that is like a rod you stick in the dirt. My water comes out at exactly 6.5 from the tap
I’m not sure how accurate that meter is but 7.0 is high for soil. I know there are home made mixes on the site or google is your friend for PH down. You can get PH strips to test pretty cheap at anywhere they sell pool supplies. I definitely would start there.

HEY MAN READING YOUR POST BEST IDEA IS TO JUST USE ABOUT 2-3 TBS OF BAT GUANA AND ALSO SAME AMOUNT IF KELP MEAL INTO YOUR SOIL AND THEN FEED STRAINGHT PHED WATER ACTUALLY MAKE IT A LITTLE EXTRA ACIDIC TO CHEW THE STUFF UP AND THEN USE PLAIN WATER AND TRUST ME YOUR PLANTS WILL RECOVER THESE ARE RESILLIENT LITTLE BEASTS YOU ARE GROWING AND THEY LIKE GUANA ALOT TRUST ME

BEST WISHES FRIEND

I’m not saying it’s not a Deficiency. I’m saying without knowing the genetics or even the strain and knowing it’s indica it could have the trait. Cool weather helps the color but genetics play the biggest part. I also get purple stems on new growth often. Read your leaves. I really don’t pay much attention to the stem. If the plant looks healthy except for that. Like mentioned check the ph because stress and ph imbalance can cause red stems.

The one that’s turning purple is sativa and it’s on the upper new growth fan leaf stems

Newest pics I topped two days ago and they are shooting more branches out yee-haw live action

Attachments

• 97B663DE-BA17-44F1-85C7-6A945AD3C378.jpeg
    97B663DE-BA17-44F1-85C7-6A945AD3C378.jpeg
    707.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 3B11067D-FECC-4391-BE86-4E1F42D29463.jpeg
    3B11067D-FECC-4391-BE86-4E1F42D29463.jpeg
    702.4 KB · Views: 49
but 7.0 is high for soil

I think 7 is fine for soil. You can get make cal/mag with eggshells and epsom salt but you'll be better off just buying a jug. Use vinegar to bring your PH down, but I'd guess it's not your soil. Indoor plants need extra cal/mag. Lets see some pics!

Edit: OOps lol they look great. Praying! Can we see the cal/mag deficiency leaves?

I think 7 is fine for soil. You can get make cal/mag with eggshells and epsom salt but you'll be better off just buying a jug. Use vinegar to bring your PH down, but I'd guess it's not your soil. Indoor plants need extra cal/mag. Lets see some pics!

Here’s the pics. The second picture i had a question about. I didn’t top that and it shot out two heads all on its own and produced a 13 leaf fan leaf that almost made a complete circle. Is this a mutation and how long till i see buds

Attachments

• 5579E998-4A0D-46B4-97B5-760B0E73D94A.jpeg
    5579E998-4A0D-46B4-97B5-760B0E73D94A.jpeg
    763.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 7E7AB891-03FF-4ECB-A935-3C7CBF2B4355.jpeg
    7E7AB891-03FF-4ECB-A935-3C7CBF2B4355.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 41

Edit: OOps lol they look great. Praying! Can we see the cal/mag deficiency leaves?
Manganese and Iron are both needed. If you are at 7 and your soil adjust itself to 7.2 then you are causing more issues.

Attachments

• C43CF643-3B7A-444B-B112-380B05EFA739.jpeg
    C43CF643-3B7A-444B-B112-380B05EFA739.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 41
Patience my friend. Enjoy the process. Every plant is unique.

bud development is dependent on light ( your plant needs energy to produce flowers) and also on strain. You have a sativa dom pheno so it will be a little longer flowering process.

my plants were flipped about a week ago and here is what they look like :green_heart:

2C3E1969-5F8C-41D9-A7F3-5DE6FBB1E33B.jpeg

EF550588-9E01-43A2-9CE8-8BC5B5786B60.jpeg

I vote cal/mag deficiency. Crack the wallet and get a jug, you'll thank you later.

PH naturally wants to rise I think. If you see your PH slowly going up, I'd add 2tsp of vinegar to every gallon of water you mix just to keep it stable but I think you just have a cal/mag lack not a nute uptake problem.

I agree with Silver, you really can't tell how much you're gonna get off a plant until it's about grown out. You can plan the tops though and guarantee you'll get more based on the structure of the plant.

Patience my friend. Enjoy the process. Every plant is unique.

bud development is dependent on light ( your plant needs energy to produce flowers) and also on strain. You have a sativa dom pheno so it will be a little longer flowering process.

my plants were flipped about a week ago and here is what they look like :green_heart:

2C3E1969-5F8C-41D9-A7F3-5DE6FBB1E33B.jpeg

EF550588-9E01-43A2-9CE8-8BC5B5786B60.jpeg

Wow yours are budding a lot faster than mine

Hydro if his soil is at 7 still this far into the grow and his water is at 6.5 I'm guessing he's got pretty stable PH environment. I'd say those plants are suffering from new/budget grow pains. Cal mag is always a afterthought right?

People often use different time frames for when the "flip" is. I get results like what Silverfox is getting on the right of his room after a week of 12/12, not the front left. That's more like 3-4 weeks into it for me. Maybe I missed something TNG (common) did you flip these plants already?

Back
Top Bottom