The Not So Secret Garden Feat - Autos - Photos - House & Garden

Morning Dutty. All I've used is gorilla tents and led. You will still have deal with some heat. I think you said 2 p600. You can expect to have to deal with 600 watts of heat and in a 5x5 with no exhaust you still got about 2400 btu/hr staying in the tent. I'm running 1350 watts in a 4x4 and 900 watts in a 3x3. I exhaust into a 13x10 room. I had to add a ductless and run it at 70 degrees to keep the tents at 80 degrees with humidity between 50-60%. Hope that helps.

So I have these options for cooling as my tent will be on opposite end of house so tapping into heat pump and mini splits isn't an option I have.

24,000 btu Window unit and this tent will have windows on two of four sides.

Or I have
1 LG portable ac it sucks in my opinion. Use it in my studios control room in summer.

I'd say the window unit. The portable ones just pull the room negative. The only issue I see will be humidity control. 24,000 btu is overkill so you will probably have to over cool to keep humidity in check since that big of unit won't run long enough to keep humidity low. Dehumidifier may be needed.

Yeah the portable ones a joke. Works ok in studio though when piped through Window tightly.

I got two soleus air 70 pint dehumidifiers one isn't being used I'll use that kinda big for a 5x5 I may look for a smaller one. Any recommendations.

I'll set up Window ac and tent today.

Not sure how I'll pipe in Window unit to tent. Probably look for a flange to mount to one of the two outputs on Window unit. Or whole thing

Sorry to hear about the goats. Make sure they don't get into the tent! They're worse than cats in a grow. Once they get a taste for Herb, they'll always be sniffing it out.
Happpened to me on a chinampa I designed/built in S IL. Goats got into the herb patch and danced for days. I was pissed at first, but it was so funny-looking I couldn't maintain my ire. Ended up rolling/smoking a fat spliff, getting naked and dancing w/the goats. Sometimes you just have to roll w/the punches. LOL
Stay cool

I wouldn't put directly in the tent. Just cool the room and put in a little 4" exhaust in the tent and then open and close the passive intakes until you find the sweet spot. As far as dehumidifiers I'm still fighting buying one so I don't have any recommendations on them.

Sorry to hear about the goats. Make sure they don't get into the tent! They're worse than cats in a grow. Once they get a taste for Herb, they'll always be sniffing it out.
Happpened to me on a chinampa I designed/built in S IL. Goats got into the herb patch and danced for days. I was pissed at first, but it was so funny-looking I couldn't maintain my ire. Ended up rolling/smoking a fat spliff, getting naked and dancing w/the goats. Sometimes you just have to roll w/the punches. LOL
Stay cool

Now that is hilarious....

Stay cool

So I feed my goats roughly 5 lbs plus of leaf a month from Defoiliation. Hope they stay away lol. Bastards.

So I feed my goats roughly 5 lbs plus of leaf a month from Defoiliation. Hope they stay away lol. Bastards.

Even more hilarious....I have 2 goats and yes, they do eat anything and everything....I notice my westie scouring the floor when I'm trimming for anything that falls on the ground....he inhales all of it....

Stay cool

You are definitely one to hand a fresh bowl and prompt for stories.
A man of interesting lives :)

I wouldn't put directly in the tent. Just cool the room and put in a little 4" exhaust in the tent and then open and close the passive intakes until you find the sweet spot. As far as dehumidifiers I'm still fighting buying one so I don't have any recommendations on them.

Here is what I did duty, a little redneck.....or maybe mcgyver.......anyway I am able to moving the duct closer and able to find the sweet spot........if you got a dehumidifier, and I know you have some ducting and tape......cheap for now........
IMG_20150527_164438984.jpg

I wish I would have got that fan I bought a hurricane fan and put a duct silencer behind it and it just a touch louder than I like but I am thinking of getting a tent to put in one of the extra rooms during the summer and move it out to the garage during the winter. But I got a phresh filter and they work great but I am sure you have a great goto brand

I ordered the vortex now for a filter.

I'll watch for yur review.

The man in the video seems to think fans are quieter installed in ducting. My impression is my 6" CanFan makes less noise than the rushing sound of air making a 90 degree turn in rigid 6" duct. I've considering throttling down the fan speed, but again, to quiet the ducting more than the fan.

When I built my room I had the previous experience of watching my brothers grow at his house and noticed all kinds of noise from his fans. Also since I am a musician I had previous experience of building a recording studio in my house and the knowledge of how sound travels from college physics etc. So I built a room inside a room that does not have any structural fasteners connected to any part of the house using a stand alone frame sitting on the cement basement floor. If I listen in a quiet room like the bathroom I can hear a bit of fan through the HVAC ducting of the house otherwise normal ambient noises are louder than the fans. That said, I think its cool that there are some smart ideas coming out to keep the fans quiet.

Back
Top Bottom