The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

@asewith the issue of even nodes growing above and below so discarding the undernearh one (hope that makes sense ?). I have been twisting the stem hard to turn them so they both face the light to produce 2 which seems to work well so far. I also "assist "every tip along the branching to go vertical which does seem to help with forming non larf inner growth. I did a pc in my last grow here and a Liberty haze and they went huge. space meant it was in vain and was not expected with the canopy i had cobbled together !!. This is why i so wanted a complete orchestra of quads on this current run. Love how well explained the process has been here and i wish i could find an ideal flip Indicator among the many many grows going on here with quads. i am now on 33 days and plan on flipping in 2 more days. Would appreciate you advice with your opinion for mine before i make an error.
will sub u in to latest pic for ease. thanks in advance mate

I've tried twisting instead of just cutting off the undernode and it just never turns out the way I want. When I twisted the branch everything was too compact and squished together in the middle of the plant. The plant never seemed to slow down when I cut the undernode anyways so that's what I teach. I have mentioned many times in all my journals that you can do the twisting method instead and get great results, but it just takes a lot more time and effort for the same results.

Here's what my quads have been up to-not too much,really-things are just getting fatter instead of taller-I'm kind of surprised that I'm not going to have to make my box taller-the Northern Lights stopped stretching at 16",and the Peyote Critical stopped at 18"
(they started at 6" & 7")

NL left,PC right "view from the top"

Wall to wall in there

You may notice a few wires in there,they're pulling buds out of the way of other buds on the NL-the PC 's canopy is so crowded that there's nowhere to move anything to,so the ties on her are pulling the main buds out of the way of everything else...

Here's a NL bud-slowly getting frosty...

The PC is way ahead in the frost dep't.

I didn't take them out of the box for pics today-they come out fairly easily,but getting them back in is becoming a challenge to not break stuff off...

So that's where my quads are at today-I'm hooked on quadlining-I'm going to do a late in the season outdoor quad if one of the free "Seedsman Cheese" seeds ever pops-It's looking like seed #2 (of 3) is a dud also...so no mystery why they were free...
So I'll update again in a week or so-Keep up the good work,everyone your quads are all looking beautiful-best process ever for maximizing yield,especially in a restricted space:peace:
I've rarely seen people try the quadline and decide to go back to something else. It's like you get addicted to quadlining. Great job on these and glad you really like the quadlining method!

glad you really like the quadlining method!
I can't think of a reason to do it any other way-I'm not the only one-there's going to be a lot of traffic on this thread in the coming months!

I've rarely seen people try the quadline and decide to go back to something else. It's like you get addicted to quadlining. Great job on these and glad you really like the quadlining method!
I can't think of a reason to do it any other way-I'm not the only one-there's going to be a lot of traffic on this thread in the coming months!
I'm all in - after screwing up my first attempt. But after doing a decent amount of research (and learning what NOT to do), I think this is gonna be it for me. I may try mainlining/octolining/manifolding at some point, but not until I'm comfortable that I've got the quadlining method down pat.

Well I guess the folks around here are just interested in the Budding plants.. Sorry to take up space...
Not at all. I'm still quite new here, but personally I think your pics are perfectly acceptable. Don't be so sensitive, dude. But you seem to have just dumped a crapload of images with no explanations as to what's going on with your girls. How many weeks old are they? Are you still in veg or have you switched to flower mode yet? What are you using for training materials? Et cetera... A little more info about what you're posting will be quite useful - not only in explaining your process, but in helping others do what we're doing.

just interested in the Budding plants
They weren't budding when we started,they just end up that way....
Maybe just say a few words about your plants when you post the pics..strains,etc.

Got around to thinning & defoliating dwc plant last night.
Nice job,Falcon-both of them are looking about as happy as they can be!

Yeah I get it my bad, I am quading out around 30 ish plants so to describe each one or to take too much time explaining each step would be monotonous I was thinking... IDK... It would be a lot easier if I chose just a few of them to take my time and explain with I guess.. I am really just using this to show a few people I am helping with their first grow as a tool more than a blog... Sorry for the inconvenience but please keep up the good work on here.. It really is very descriptive to those who are quading for the first time, and putting in all the hard work.. Day to day grind and such. To me quading is second nature, it has been too long.. I just really appreciate those who take the time to do a thread like this, and I was dumping photos in a hurry.. Should have been a little more descriptive I guess.. I will be watching this thread as it develops, and so will the people I deal with.. So thanks for you time. Green days to all

Yeah I get it my bad, I am quading out around 30 ish plants so to describe each one or to take too much time explaining each step would be monotonous I was thinking... IDK... It would be a lot easier if I chose just a few of them to take my time and explain with I guess.. I am really just using this to show a few people I am helping with their first grow as a tool more than a blog... Sorry for the inconvenience but please keep up the good work on here.. It really is very descriptive to those who are quading for the first time, and putting in all the hard work.. Day to day grind and such. To me quading is second nature, it has been too long.. I just really appreciate those who take the time to do a thread like this, and I was dumping photos in a hurry.. Should have been a little more descriptive I guess.. I will be watching this thread as it develops, and so will the people I deal with.. So thanks for you time. Green days to all
Your plants look very healthy and I love seeing the fresh green shooting out of all the nodes. That how you can tell quadlining is taking place because the plant is growing evenly from everywhere and not just a couple main vertical shoots that you would have if you didn't train them. Looking like you are doing some outdoor quadding? What strains you got going on or are all 30 different strains? Can't wait to see them when they start filling in!

Keep coming around,@MaddHacker-someone with your knowledge would be a great addition to this thread-tell us about your plants....well,maybe not all of them ;),but some of your favorites

That how you can tell quadlining is taking place because the plant is growing evenly from everywhere
Well to be honest, I loosely use the term " quad lining ", what I do is called Main lining with Pipeline manifolds.. Basically the same thing that you guys are doing, but with a lot more than four mains.. Basically the same idea in that you do some LST work in order to make sure all the " main " branches or stalks as it were are horizontal to the edge of your grow vessel then vertical. This ensures that each branch's nodes will also grow straight up towards sun/lights thus providing an abundance of cola not bud sites.. What I mean by cola not bud just to be clear is that you eliminate all the larf or popcorn type buds and harvest mostly very large buds as Ase has shown early on.. In the end most of my plants do not get topped after four " lines " I wait until I have around 12 to 16 lines stretched horizontally ( which usually averages about 1.5 to 2.5 feet tall, then top main stalk... This allows for a controllable plant, with a well trimmed appearance for easy harvest when the time comes.. Further more, while growing in Colorado I learned the importance of harvest as much Quality fruit per plant as possible. This is where the origins of Mainlining come from.. Maximizing harvest per plant.. Though after being in a few grows elsewhere in the world such as Amsterdam, Mexico, and the like it is done all over the world in areas where cannabis production is legal and illegal. Where I live now it is legal to have only 2 fruiting plants at one time though seedlings and clones are not really controlled by law in numbers.. So if only two plants to be " legal " then you must maximize your production and yield... Using this method inside I average around 14 to 20 cured zips per plant. Outdoors last year I harvest in the neighborhood of 20 elbows on 6 plants... This method continues to be successful and now easy for me.. I try to get EVERYONE I know to try this method with at least one plant. No doubt they will be back... I will take more detailed pictures in the am, and give strains, age, and such... Green evening to all.. I hope this was descriptive enough... If not please ask all the questions you would like and I will try to answer in word, pictures, and etc...

Sweet! I'll check it out tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom