The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

That how you can tell quadlining is taking place because the plant is growing evenly from everywhere and not just a couple main vertical shoots
Asesino, to anwer your question a bit more specifically for you I would have to say yes that is how you tell. You have done a superb job, and your work is extremely impressive to me.. It takes work, patience and dedication to get the results you have pictured here, especially the starting photo array. Impressive to say the least, and one can only hope to achieve those type of results with this method.. I find that to let a plant just grow unabated is just aggravating.. LOL.. It is so much more beautiful and a lot less work in harvest the way you and I do it.. And as you showed as well, clean up is a breeze as it is easy to pre-trim the colas days before the actual harvest.. Making the harvest more of a manicuring session for easy move to cure and storage.. I am only growing 5 or 6 different strains, and I say I because I am doing most of the work for those I am showing the ropes to.. It is their grows however, I am into advanced botany now, with emphasis on breeding and plant genetics.. I do the tutoring gig all the way down to helping others trim harvests for an opportunity to eek out a meager living... LOL.. And I do mean Meager... Own my own home, and lab ish set up, so bills are low and such... Green day Ase, and to all

... Good Green Morning to all... As promised I took a little time to take pics of a few of my strains this am.. It is a beautiful morning up here, however we are expected to get some heavy thunderstorms later on in the morning through the afternoon... SO I figured I would get this in to be looked over, perused if you will, by all you fine folks..

..... First off let me give a little background on this specific grow that I am at this am.. This grow happens to be the once pathetic grow of my BIL ( Brother In Law ). He is a second year pupil of mine, with lots of agriculture experience. He is also a ADHD candidate so these are truly medication to him.. I find that it is hard to show someone with his attention span the ropes, he continues to make huge mistakes in a rookie manor. Not to mention he is an Asshole most of the time, unless you are growing him some bad ass bud.. But he is my sister's love, :rolleyes: so I will try this one last year to get him kick started... The plants are only outside during the daytime hours, and they are safely put away at night.. This prevents theft, many insect infestations, and damage from overnight storms and etc.. We are at this time working on his perpetual grow area which will measure in the neighborhood of 8x10 and will be insulated, water tight, as well as temperature and climate controlled. Not all super nerded out, just a really good place for an old man to make his own medicine.. Winters are cold up here, and " Summers " are moderate, humid, and short.. By the beginning of the fruiting season up here, which is around the first or second week of August, the plants will be in air tight, light tight, secure environment for the remainder of the cycle.. This allows the plants to completely develop and such, but it also allows for a more controlled environment with equal light, nute, air, and water distribution... Ok enough of that.. One to pictures and descritions..

... First up is a couple of Amnesia Haze plants... These were just about 5 inches tall less than 3 weeks ago... They are now in the neighborhood of 18 inches tall, and not only well maintained, but also well mainlined.. This first one in the biggest of the two and with these pictures, which I have not doctored in any way, you will see that we tied down every new growth from almost it's beginning and are reaching our goal. This one will be topped very soon...

20190630_055213_HDR.jpg

20190630_055234_HDR.jpg

.. As you can see there are around 12 total limbs that will be controlled into having 2 to 3 well spaced nodes that will grow into limbs and thus extra large buds, or colas.. They will continue to be trimmed and manicured throughout the grow so that there are not a lot of significant large growths from secondary nodes. Basically the bottom third of all the limbs will remain growth free...

...Next up is the second Amnesia Haze... Much the same as the first, however it is about two weeks out from being topped....

20190630_055913_HDR.jpg

20190630_055918_HDR.jpg

... Next up are a couple of Truth Bands. Now these are some heavy Indica Bitches so they are prone to bush, and Squat.. This is not easy to overcome, however if you use the plants growth against in by staking aggressively, as well as tying, twisting, manipulating, and overall just tell it what to do, you can get a healthy and abundant harvest..

20190630_060422_HDR.jpg

20190630_060428_HDR.jpg

... Now these, because they are Indicas will have less limbs, so you have to grow them a little longer ( in length ) before allowing the vertical leap. You also need to allow for more nodes, but less spacing between nodes.. End result MORE WORK, every day with no exceptions...

20190630_060717_HDR.jpg

20190630_060720_HDR.jpg

... Now this specific grow is around 20 Plants with an abundance of Hazes and Truth Bands.. They are in different stages of growth, therefore you have to grow for what reality dictates you can get out of them.. Some of the newer plants will stay in the smaller vessels they are in but either way they will be maxed out in the LST department, and all are in their final grow vessel..

These last couple of photos ( OG Deadhead(x)Super Silver Haze(x)Cotton Candy ), should be a little more recognizable to the quadline people in the house.. The later the start the less Mainlining can be done.. Also predictably Indica Heavey so the smaller ones will only get to this point before being topped. In this case we just tied the top over to make the fourth and final limb....It will still have around 10 to 12 total vertical limbs for cola/bud growth, but significantly less productive than the large plants... Enjoy.. I hope this gives those who need it, a better understanding/description of what I have going on.. I will try to get some snap shots of the two other grows I have to visit today, however it is always at the Owner's discretion. I can take some photos, but they may not want them posted in any manner... They are first time growers both, and are still warming to the idea of Legal Recreational Cannabis.. LOL Green days all

20190630_061036_HDR.jpg

20190630_061040_HDR.jpg

... Good Green Morning to all... As promised I took a little time to take pics of a few of my strains this am.. It is a beautiful morning up here, however we are expected to get some heavy thunderstorms later on in the morning through the afternoon... SO I figured I would get this in to be looked over, perused if you will, by all you fine folks..

..... First off let me give a little background on this specific grow that I am at this am.. This grow happens to be the once pathetic grow of my BIL ( Brother In Law ). He is a second year pupil of mine, with lots of agriculture experience. He is also a ADHD candidate so these are truly medication to him.. I find that it is hard to show someone with his attention span the ropes, he continues to make huge mistakes in a rookie manor. Not to mention he is an Asshole most of the time, unless you are growing him some bad ass bud.. But he is my sister's love, :rolleyes: so I will try this one last year to get him kick started... The plants are only outside during the daytime hours, and they are safely put away at night.. This prevents theft, many insect infestations, and damage from overnight storms and etc.. We are at this time working on his perpetual grow area which will measure in the neighborhood of 8x10 and will be insulated, water tight, as well as temperature and climate controlled. Not all super nerded out, just a really good place for an old man to make his own medicine.. Winters are cold up here, and " Summers " are moderate, humid, and short.. By the beginning of the fruiting season up here, which is around the first or second week of August, the plants will be in air tight, light tight, secure environment for the remainder of the cycle.. This allows the plants to completely develop and such, but it also allows for a more controlled environment with equal light, nute, air, and water distribution... Ok enough of that.. One to pictures and descritions..

... First up is a couple of Amnesia Haze plants... These were just about 5 inches tall less than 3 weeks ago... They are now in the neighborhood of 18 inches tall, and not only well maintained, but also well mainlined.. This first one in the biggest of the two and with these pictures, which I have not doctored in any way, you will see that we tied down every new growth from almost it's beginning and are reaching our goal. This one will be topped very soon...

20190630_055213_HDR.jpg

20190630_055234_HDR.jpg

.. As you can see there are around 12 total limbs that will be controlled into having 2 to 3 well spaced nodes that will grow into limbs and thus extra large buds, or colas.. They will continue to be trimmed and manicured throughout the grow so that there are not a lot of significant large growths from secondary nodes. Basically the bottom third of all the limbs will remain growth free...

...Next up is the second Amnesia Haze... Much the same as the first, however it is about two weeks out from being topped....

20190630_055913_HDR.jpg

20190630_055918_HDR.jpg

... Next up are a couple of Truth Bands. Now these are some heavy Indica Bitches so they are prone to bush, and Squat.. This is not easy to overcome, however if you use the plants growth against in by staking aggressively, as well as tying, twisting, manipulating, and overall just tell it what to do, you can get a healthy and abundant harvest..

20190630_060422_HDR.jpg

20190630_060428_HDR.jpg

... Now these, because they are Indicas will have less limbs, so you have to grow them a little longer ( in length ) before allowing the vertical leap. You also need to allow for more nodes, but less spacing between nodes.. End result MORE WORK, every day with no exceptions...

20190630_060717_HDR.jpg

20190630_060720_HDR.jpg

... Now this specific grow is around 20 Plants with an abundance of Hazes and Truth Bands.. They are in different stages of growth, therefore you have to grow for what reality dictates you can get out of them.. Some of the newer plants will stay in the smaller vessels they are in but either way they will be maxed out in the LST department, and all are in their final grow vessel..

These last couple of photos ( OG Deadhead(x)Super Silver Haze(x)Cotton Candy ), should be a little more recognizable to the quadline people in the house.. The later the start the less Mainlining can be done.. Also predictably Indica Heavey so the smaller ones will only get to this point before being topped. In this case we just tied the top over to make the fourth and final limb....It will still have around 10 to 12 total vertical limbs for cola/bud growth, but significantly less productive than the large plants... Enjoy.. I hope this gives those who need it, a better understanding/description of what I have going on.. I will try to get some snap shots of the two other grows I have to visit today, however it is always at the Owner's discretion. I can take some photos, but they may not want them posted in any manner... They are first time growers both, and are still warming to the idea of Legal Recreational Cannabis.. LOL Green days all

20190630_061036_HDR.jpg

20190630_061040_HDR.jpg
Hey Hack. I know it would vary from strain to strain, but how much vertical space do you typically need to grow this way?

.... Heya Mr. Magoo, long time bud.. This is a very good question for this thread specifically.. Yes it does matter what the strain is, but it mostly matters as far as the type of plant, whether it is Indica or Sativa Heavy.. Indicas tend to stay squat and bushy, and in my experience stay around the 1 meter range.. Sativa plants tend to get tall, and lean therefore could reach in the area of 1.5 to 2.0 meters..
... Now that being said In my version of this method I tend to limit the vegetative cycle to the amount of time it takes to achieve the mainline goals.. This usually is between 50 and 70 days from clone transplant, depending on the breed.. After that, they go strait into the bud room at 12/12 with all the other girls and we all know they stretch... If you want your sativa to stay around the 1 meter range then you should shoot for no more that 6 to 8 mains training them as soon as you can tie them down , then top. Depending on your grow vessel this should allow for 2 to 4 shoots each limb that just grow strait up.. ( Simple math makes that around 16 to 32 cola sites.)
... Once the shoots, or nodes, get around 6 to 8 inches tall, they go into bud room... I am a very demanding grower, and expect to put many,many girls to bud at various times to share the room.. I am usually, but not this year, dealing with anywhere from 7 to 10 strains. That puts me in the 40 to 50 plant range at any given time with clones and such..
... I grow mostly indoor and perpetually, though I have gotten away from that in the last few years.. Unlike a good many of the members here, I am not what you would call a consistent user.. I am more analytical and scientific about it, with a huge love for these plants and all plants for that matter... My goals are more personal achievements that are what some might call Master Grower oriented.. I am by NO means a Master yet, and may never be. That is the beauty of Cannabis, One can be great and dedicated but Master on none... LOL.. Nature is a beast...
... As always in this thing we do, nothing is absolute, and I encourage any and all who study and or ask/see ways to do things, to do some research and figure out if it works for you. Also try and try and try, most dedicated growers find this method easy to pick up and adapt to their individual grow space, as well as consistent and somewhat predictable yields.. Green days to all, Mr. Magoo......

Hey folks. QQ. Should I be clipping the fan leaf attached to the node when I tie down the branch?

See pick below:

IMG_3659.png

Hey folks. QQ. Should I be clipping the fan leaf attached to the node when I tie down the branch?

See pick below:

IMG_3659.png
No. They will probably be the first to yellow on you later though. For a while the only leaves you will remove will be ones blocking new growth.

No. They will probably be the first to yellow on you later though. For a while the only leaves you will remove will be ones blocking new growth.

Thanks Magoo! You Rock. I really appreciate you responding so quickly! :thanks:

My trimming finger were itchy! :goof:

IMG_3662.JPG

Thanks Magoo! You Rock. I really appreciate you responding so quickly! :thanks:

My trimming finger were itchy! :goof:

IMG_3662.JPG
Lol, clippers down back away slowly! Those are some great looking quads, shaping up nicely. :thumb:

hedzenmedz grow room - clone / quadline question
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. I know that I read it here before (I think it was Ase) about how to quadline a clone. Here is a picture of a Gorilla clone that we took on May 31. Could someone give me some guidance about quadlining a clone. It will be most appreciated.
34119145-C9A4-4B82-AFFC-9D523B737293.jpeg

That’s a nice looking clone. :thumb: Wait to hear from Ase to be sure, because he has definitely talked about it before. I believe you want to start by finding the sets of nodes that are closest to symmetrical as possible. And not much else is different other than they won’t be quite as symmetrical at the beginning of making the x. I cast my vote for keeping those bottom two nodes on your clone and you try to keep the top as another clone. :yummy:

That’s a nice looking clone. :thumb: Wait to hear from Ase to be sure, because he has definitely talked about it before. I believe you want to start by finding the sets of nodes that are closest to symmetrical as possible. And not much else is different other than they won’t be quite as symmetrical at the beginning of making the x. I cast my vote for keeping those bottom two nodes on your clone and you try to keep the top as another clone. :yummy:
Thanks for your feedback, HHyb. I have 3 others of the same strain that are quite similar to the one in the photo. I also have 2 similar sized Bad Azz Kush clones. They were all taken on May 31st. This is my 1st time cloning. I was unaware that a clone of a clone could be taken. Thank you so much for that info.
Namaste
Hedz

wassup peeps quick update then
start of day two on 12/12 when pics taken, passed out last night before i got round to posting lol
alaskan purps
AEACAD1F-D762-48E0-9E3F-52B7C7D9F850.jpeg

had to supercrop two tops into better positions, better;
CDDBB598-910F-46A2-ACC7-30CEAFB240DA.jpeg
and then a stump shot, hows my structuring lol
57210761-7EBA-49D0-B38F-7F4741B2411C.jpeg

i know some folks strip more away, im not that brave yet as to mutilate, just small trims around :D

bubblegum
0D75B217-C338-4B15-8A37-804FF6383A64.jpeg
0A95CBB1-3689-404B-9452-6434DD635ECA.jpeg
9DC142D3-1273-4547-B130-750D3AB49491.jpeg

everyone happy and healthy
9BFF585A-06C9-46F0-8EED-E78660EEA8F7.jpeg
DAE24C9E-98D1-43C3-96B2-16F21F373AF7.jpeg

and last but not least
little subsy the strain unkown bag seed
A0C50CDE-FFB0-4EA2-9829-D21DA273E6E5.jpeg

before a little trim
85B8E94C-9524-4AC5-8570-9DE3549E07FE.jpeg

and after haha
i she has a great structure actually, everything finding a spot nicely without too much fiddling. couple more days and into the flower tent too..

Looks like some little beasts you got going on there @falstaffo !
cheers!
they looking alright!
chucked the unknown strain into the flower room this morning. wont bother with 24hrs darkness as havent gotba space set up i can put it, lets hope she is a she lol

My quadlined Candy Kush 3 weeks into flower. 6.5 weeks old. She stopped stretching bang on the max height for my cabinet. The Cream Mandarine in with her hasn't been as well behaved with the stretch. Next time I'll just quadline one plant and max out the cabinet with it. Doing two like this in my space is just a hassle.
IMG_20190702_203915_DRO.jpg

Wow! I'll think on that one with you...what is that round thing above the light?

Back
Top Bottom