The seedling killer

hey guys im need of some help .well heres my issue. I've been trying to grow GDP got the seeds from 420 they guarantee germination which always works out well and they sprout fine but, my 2 attempts hve turned out all bad after starting off very ,very well around day 10 shit goes bad very fast first the round set of leaves begins to yellow by day 15 the first set of Serrated leaves curl under which in my case is DOOMED to failure. My 4x4 tent is powered by 2-315 sunsystems lec lamps also hve 2 ocilating 6in fans 1 6in intake fan along with 6in exhaust filter and fan . My soil in my first attempt i used foxfarm ocean forest . Well that grow ended in doom
So back to the drawing board i went but this time i tried foxfarm warrior seedling starter and after reading thd bag it says to add big bloom fertilizer 4tsb per gallon and low and behold here we go again 1 plant went belly up almost instantly the other 6 look very sickly and its only a matter of time for their demise the leaves are curling under and yellowing. Now my temp has been rather warm over the past few weeks cos of the heat here in California. My lights are abt 4ft away now cos i believe it to be heat but still no change i stops using the big bloom after the 1st plant took a dive . So I've ordered more seeds and I'm going in again .Once to new seeds arrive . But looking for any kind of advice my situation prior to my new seeds cos I'm not giving up HELP . As you can see things look bleak

Attachments

• 16003664306266912246848950230633.jpg
    16003664306266912246848950230633.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 16003665179274448221847254652728.jpg
    16003665179274448221847254652728.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 48
kidding there, welcome to 420.

what exactly is that soil mix? If it’s just FF that’s ok but did you modify it? ok lights & ventilation sounds good but you gotta monitor the temp too. seedling should be able go for a few weeks on soil alone but the round cotyledons leaves are being used up

you may be watering too frequently it’s easy to do, that leads to condition called damping off. they don’t need water every day - plants build fine roots when it’s dry and they have to search for water. I’m thinking that’s a ph balanced soil so your water ph is not too critical.

Being that they are seedlings i don't water to the point of run off I'm just using tap water tho
Hmm... Did you test the water with a ph tester in a glass first, before giving the water to the plants? At least that way you will know the ph of the water before it hits your plants, just in case its out of the right ph range to begin with.

Ok just tested my ph it appears to high blue green , so i test tge gallon of water adjust tht and then water ??
Ya then at least that way you know you are putting in the proper ph water to start with. So if it was nutrient lock out from ph imbalance this should correct it. :)

Ok will they recover ? Or should I go with plan B and start over as i planned ??
If it was in fact a ph imbalance problem causing nute lockout then yes it should correct your plants issues. :)

Just from the look of the plant, they look like little bonsai leads me to think they are stressed.
If it's too hot like over 85 degrees for hours that could stress a seedling.
Lights too intense, humidity super low like below 35%

Might try lowering the intensity of your light quite a bit. Which will also lower heat.
And add a little aloe vera and Yucca extract to your water.

Hang on a second...
Since about the only thing that plant needs at this early stage is Nitrogen, let's examine its mobility at various pH ranges... Pick any chart and you will quickly see that N is available over a wide swath of pH levels...
The problem here is not pH.
The problem is that you are watering too often. You are not letting the containers dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings and you are quickly drowning the tender tap/feeder root that makes as its first task, heading to the bottom. If you keep those lower roots under water, they will drown. Your plants, and your consistent problem has to have a common denominator.... that commonality is you.
You need a postal scale maybe to tell when your plants are dry enough to water again. You should wait until there is NO water weight in that container at all, before you water. You will think you are killing your plants, they will be so dry, but as long as they don't wilt, you are doing a good thing. That soil should be as dry as the Sahara Desert before you water.

Please read my article on how to properly water a potted plant. It will help, I promise. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom