The Strongest

World of seeds has some excellent genetics a friend of my has been purchasing there landrace strains the past year as he is planning on reinforcing his current breeding projects with some fresh landrace genes

World of seeds has some excellent genetics a friend of my has been purchasing there landrace strains the past year as he is planning on reinforcing his current breeding projects with some fresh landrace genes

Niccce! Thanks Cateros! At the risk of sounding like a total newb, could you explain how a clone only strain works? I gather that it means there are only females and so there is no way of generating seeds, but isn't there a finite amount of time you can clone a plant before senescence sets in? Most people I know won't even keep a mother longer than a year. So how are these clone only strains like ATF perpetuated year after year?

Also I gather it is bad to use a hermie to create seeds, is that true?

P.S. Cateros I see your profile says "outside Toronto" haha! I used to spend my summers at Humber college working at a hockey camp up there. I used to go to Eddie Shack doughnuts every damn day :)

Redoctober, my current ATF motherplant was born 7/13/10 and it's still living to be a hefty motherplant. Had ATF for 4 years now. Clone only strain's are considered 'Elite' genetics which express a special desirable phenotype which made that particular strain popular and known, some strains are spread by seed and there are many phenotypes good and bad floating around but a clone only elite is a tested proven winner for whatever trait it may be. A clone replicates the plant before, for example if you grow out Grandaddy Purple bagseed (S1 seeds) you will get 3 basic phenotypes, green, blue, and purple. Thus more clone only genetics hve been spread that way such as OG Kush. OG Kush is S1 '91 Chemdawg. Not all clone only elites are just females, for example the G13 Haze which is keeping G-13 alive today is still in Europe being bred, only passed around as clones and considered 'elite'. Some clone only strains hermaphrodite and do occasionaly make seeds... Thus the S1 bagseed versions of the strains coming out. If you dont know how to maintain a mother you have to keep making new motherplants, but its all a matter of trimming, repotting, and the occasional bend. People like me are just very passionate about cannabis and certain strains, some people will bend over backwords to keep there heirloom genetics. Dedication or stupidity, somebody else be the judge but its weed not greed with me my friend. It is bad to use a hermie to create seeds, people want sensimilla hermies will generally seed your crop and ruin it.

The Alaskan Thunderfuck is THE FIRE. Hard to beat, I'm going to keep everyone posted with it while I can. Got lots of others to compare with........ Warlock from Magus is good but not the original clone only Warlock, yields good though and still potent! Romulan from any seed company is usually a letdown, you just have to hunt out the original clone after time with it.

zhummingsig.jpg

Redoctober, my current ATF motherplant was born 7/13/10 and it's still living to be a hefty motherplant. Had ATF for 4 years now.

Very interesting stuff Kronnoisseur! So When you say that your ATF mother was "born" I take that to mean that it came from a cutting of another plant and not from a seed? And since you've had ATF for 4 years, I guess that means you can clone a plant a lot longer than I thought. It's funny though that I've heard many people claim that after a year, or maybe slightly more, a mother will give clones that just aren't as vigorous, don't produce as well, and are decreasingly potent. So you find this not to be the case?

If I knew that once I found some "elite" genetics as you say, that I could clone it infinitely, that would be an epiphany. Unless I am wrong; and strains and phenotypes such as ATF will eventually die out, unless someone is able to generate seeds at some point.

I'm going to try some Warlock :) Thanks for the tip about Romulan! That's disappointing, I was looking forward to trying that one. But you saved me $80. Super Silver Haze would be nice but I'm looking for something a little quicker finishing and most of the Haze family takes a long time.

I hear good things about Ice, White Russian, and Chrystal.

Very interesting stuff Kronnoisseur! So When you say that your ATF mother was "born" I take that to mean that it came from a cutting of another plant and not from a seed? And since you've had ATF for 4 years, I guess that means you can clone a plant a lot longer than I thought. It's funny though that I've heard many people claim that after a year, or maybe slightly more, a mother will give clones that just aren't as vigorous, don't produce as well, and are decreasingly potent. So you find this not to be the case?

If I knew that once I found some "elite" genetics as you say, that I could clone it infinitely, that would be an epiphany. Unless I am wrong; and strains and phenotypes such as ATF will eventually die out, unless someone is able to generate seeds at some point.

I'm going to try some Warlock :) Thanks for the tip about Romulan! That's disappointing, I was looking forward to trying that one. But you saved me $80. Super Silver Haze would be nice but I'm looking for something a little quicker finishing and most of the Haze family takes a long time.

I hear good things about Ice, White Russian, and Chrystal.

Hello Redoctober (Красный Октябрь), Yes, it is true you can re-veg a select plant and keep cloning for years off that, or an offspring. Keeping and maintaining heirloom genetics is what infused Marijuana growers thirty years ago look at the Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) Catalogues from the 1980's - rare archival images. We all thank the Dutch Government, Neville, and several other High-Line Cultivars/Producers of strains that we all enjoy today.
As for producing quality seed, this is easily achieved from any clone in good health by reading this: How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution
I just picked up some SFV OG Kush Marijuana seedlings days old that were made from the clone only CA OG Kush strain using this process. I also had to replace the Chemdawg clone that was stolen and these will become Mother plants in my garden. I cant say enough about The Dawg and look forward to the SFV (San Fernando Valley) OG Kush I am told it is the original California OG.
If I could find ATF or other highest quality genetic I would only grow that and possibly one other strain. I am constantly running strains in search of the one magic pheno that will compliment and finish my quest.
I have heard the Warlock is good but if I may suggest Sensi Seeds NL#5 x Haze, Grapefruit Diesel or something a friend gave me although my cloner failed and killed the a great local cross that will numb the senses and wow the pallet a beauty that is the LA Confidential X Bubba Kush x Purple Urkle. I must say WOW.

Well here's what I got in my garden, I can say there mostly in line with the strongest...

Afghan
Afghan Kush
Alaskan Thunderfuck (clone only, the 1976 then on ATF/MVTF)
Arcata Trainwreck (clone only)
Blue Dream (clone only)
Big Bud (Sensi Seeds)
Calico (clone only)
Cotton Candy Kush (clone only)
Diablo (Next Generation Seeds)
Grandaddy Purple (clone only)
Headband (clone ony)
Jack Herer (Sensi Seeds)
KTF (my S2 seedling experiment)
LA Pure Kush (clone only)
Mango (KC Brains)
Maui Wowie (clone only)
Mr. Nice (Sensi Seeds)
Pineapple (clone only)
Pre-98' Bubba Kush (clone only)
Purple Kush (clone only)
San Diego Catpiss (clone only)
Scarlet Fire (clone only)
White Widow (Greenhouse Seed Co.)

Got a half oz of East Coast Sour Diesel a week ago in exchange for a half oz of Jack Herer. Got a huge cola thats curing for a smoke report and found 3 seeds throughout the half, there germinating now I want to find a nice new ECSD pheno. :blunt:

White Widow, Jack Herer, Mr. Nice, Pineapple, Maui Wowie, Mango, Headband, Diablo, Cotton Candy Kush, Calico, Big Bud, Blue Dream, and the Afghan Kush from what I know are all good yielders.

White Widow is available from Greenhouse, but I suggest Black Widow from Mr. Nice. Big Bud is a must sidekick for anyones garden who can get by with the lesser potent bud, still not to shabby its from Sensi. Jack Herer from Sensi on the other end leans towards the connoisseur catagory, but it's a pleasant but not knockout high if thats what your into. The Mango has great smell and smokes well, from what I read it yields great too. Diablo is supposably this fast flowering 6-8 week yielder, the smoke i had was heady with mild body high, smelt 'spicy' & citrus I think. Mr. Nice is a fair yielder, good stuff g13 x hashplant. The only good yielding Trainwreck is Greenhouses, which is not related to the original but it actually can yield heavy. I hear there may be some good Arcata Trainwreck crosses that are potent, yield, and withhold that classic Sativa smoke.

zhummingsig.jpg

Thanks for the links Wingman, very interesting stuff! Now what I was able to glean from the silver thiosulfate article is that, you can generate feminized seeds from a clone but it's basically a step above generating seeds with hermies. You will get XX seeds because you have tricked a female plant into producing pollen but you can't do anything to change it's genetics. So would you in fact want to produce seeds in this manner? Would you end up with lots of hermies? Just some questions I was pondering after reading the article.

Kronnoisseur, sweet swirling onion rings that's a lot. I'm the same way man, variety is the spice of life, and I like to try as many as possible. Also, and this is gonna sound completely stupid and ridiculous, but I like all the names haha! It's true. Sometimes I'll try a strain just because of it's name...that's advertising for ya!

So you have the original ATF clone from 35 years ago. I guess that proves several things: first, I guess there really is no limit to how many times you can clone a plant and how long you can keep a plant. I would have no way of knowing if any of the original plants are still alive after all this time, but I suppose it doesn't matter. If you have a clone of ATF, you could conceivably make a new mother every year or two out of a clone, and simply discard the old mother (some people I know do it, simply because it gets too big). The new clone mothers will have the same vigor, and potency as their predecessors right? Can this go on indefinitely? In other words, will your ATF clones and mothers be functioning as they are now in 2030?

Thank you for annotating the sources too! Very nice of you:) I'm gonna eventually try everything you mentioned, maybe not all at once though. I gotta find a seedbank where I can procure all those strains. I know World of Seeds was mentioned previously in this thread, but any other recommendations? (everyonedoesit perhaps?) I forget the term for a bank of seed banks, I keep thinking of the wall street term "fund of funds" which is a hedge fund that invests money in other funds instead of picking it's own stocks directly.

Thanks for the links Wingman, very interesting stuff! Now what I was able to glean from the silver thiosulfate article is that, you can generate feminized seeds from a clone but it's basically a step above generating seeds with hermies. You will get XX seeds because you have tricked a female plant into producing pollen but you can't do anything to change it's genetics. So would you in fact want to produce seeds in this manner? Would you end up with lots of hermies? Just some questions I was pondering after reading the article.

The main difference between producing feminized seeds using the sts method over using the pollen of true hermi plant to polinate a true female otherwise known as breeding with herman is the seeds generated with pollen from a plant that was genetically hermi without manipulation is of course a higher percent chance that any stress will bring out the herm tendency . When using the STS method there is the possibility of mutation due to the fact that you are creating an artifical pollen sac that contains only the mothers portion of the genetic code required to reproduce then polinating a sister plant who has identical genes because plants are rather simple organisims this will not cause much problem but occasionaly you may see wierd mutations in the plants grown from feminized seeds generated using STS,

Kronnoisseur my brother from another mother I will be buying the house next door once you let me know it's up for sale. What a stock! My house was robbed days before Christmas by adult teenage kids who are real scumbags and I am still trying to get my garden back together. I wish you lived next door!

Cateros :goodjob::welldone:

Redoctober,
I have more information in one of my books i'm trying to stumble upon for you too on silver thiosulfate for seeds, the amounts and how you should do it. By selfing you get hermie prone I know more and more by each generation but as for using the thiosulfate to produce bananas to pollinate an opposing plant it should not be hermie prone because that plant was not stressed I would suppose. As stress makes hermies... But I love the names of my strains, also have a lot of research in genetics of them, particularly the MVTF / ATF.
Yes there is no limit as long as the proper care is taken into each cutting made for each new mother, and the proper care & maintanince of that mother there forward. If something is stressed too much you can have that transfer over to a cutting (genetic drift I believe?) and there forward through the continued cuttings gentics there on out. You get what I'm saying lol. Each predicesor will be just as strong as long as each mother plant has had time to mature healthly to adulthood before you take another cutting, from which you should take many clones and find the best (I took 6 of each of my strains for example) to select a few an narrow down from there to which one you feel holds the strongest genetic code.
My ATF should be functioning justttttt fine. :roorrip:
Here's some suggestions:
Sativa: Thai Stick - Gypsy Nirvana
Heavy Sativa: Mango Haze - Mr. Nice
Mostly Sativa: Satori - Mandala
Hybrid: California Orange - Nirvana
Mostly Indica: Northern Lights - Sensi Seeds
Indica: Deep Chunk - Tom Hill
Those will give you some special stuff...

Cateros,
Yup, still got it buddy!!! :yahoo:

Wingman,
Awww man, yeah, I try to stay busy keep an eye out and keep the neighborhood safe. I'm saddened to hear that, I'm always up chronic insomniac here, would of been on those thieves hop-skip-JUMP!!! I've grown up dealing with those kinds of people. I'm friends with good people now, you wean them out. I'll let you know whats up if there is anything!
No worries!
I need a new smoke buddy!!!!!!! :rollit::rollit:

zhummingsig.jpg

hey Kronnoisseur whats the story on scarlet fire ? Just grabbed a few clones of her but i cant find much online about here except she is sativia dom . Any advise for first time grow of this girl ?

hey Kronnoisseur whats the story on scarlet fire ? Just grabbed a few clones of her but i cant find much online about here except she is sativia dom . Any advise for first time grow of this girl ?

Well it is a cross with the strain Mango. It's a Hybrid. 8-10 weeks flowering time depending on your stone, and watch for banana's at the end of the cycle (I believe they are sterile though). Outdoors harvest is mid-october it harvests earlier than most if you want it too, stays pretty dense awesome outdoor my best last year! It is very hardy and easy to grow, dead leaves are a breeze to pluck they don't fight you. Not the easiest or fastest to clone, has moderate yield, very frosty buds that are not too sedative. They are medium height, with pretty dense and very frosty buds. Love's to be topped. Can have amazing red stems during the grow. Buds can turn purple with low temperatures. They don't stretch too much. Not ridiculously vigorous but grows good. Kinda smelly in veg. Susceptible to powdery mildew I believe? Don't quote me on that though. Pleasant weed to smoke a joy to look at!!! My avatar right now is a Scarlet Fire cola top from my 2010 outdoor grow.
:rollit:
Scarlet Fire (@9-10weeks)
IMG_14076.JPG

zhummingsig.jpg

Friend of mine hooked me up with some burmese kush from thc seeds I think it is and all I can say is one joint actually made me look like this guy :tokin: I would say the grower managed to get this bud up to around 20% thc and the aroma of an 1/8th with stink up your entire smoke room when you open the bag.

I am wondering if any of you guys out in california who may have been smoking back in the mid 80's ever hear of a strain from humbolt region called California rainbow I only ask as I met a tourist at canadas wonderland who was up here fom cali and he said he lived in the humbolt area and this strain was a specialty strain down there all I know is I was 18 and been smoking really good bud for awhile but this guys buds were the most potent pot I have ever smoked in my entire life I swear i was so stoned it seemed the closer I got to the front gates of park when we came back from smoking one the further away they seemed and right after we got back inside decided to leave so I go to call for a ride and it takes me apparently 20 minutes to dial the number. If anyone knows anything about this strain or if it still exists I would love to know

Noooo, don't let this thread die! Wingman, Kronno, are you guys in comas from the Alaskan Thunderfuck? lol! come back to us!!! :)

I thought I might make a few more contributions that may or may not have been stated already

Headband - Never had it personally but many who I know that are experienced smokers say it is quite the experience! Supposed to be very strong, and that is next on my list. At least it's obtainable haha! I hate reading about a hot strain that gets my mouth watering and then seeing those two terrible words..."clone only," may as well just write, Nah..nah nah nah...nah! Oh well, such is life.

Deathstar - A clone only strain that is said to have originated somewhere in Ohio I believe. So good that people actually make trips to Ohio just to try to obtain a cutting of it from someone

Now I don't know about potency, but I just wanted to mention that Heath Robinson who posts, or used to post, on a bunch of forums (legendary grower) bred a strain that he dubbed "Black Rose." Like I said, I'm not sure where it ranks in the potency department but I must say that aesthetically, it is probably the most beautiful plant I have ever seen. Unfortunately I don't think it is at all obtainable, but if anyone knows of anything that's even close, I'd love to know. I'd grow it just to stare at it.

If you want a real visual treat, google Heath + black rose

I have read that Tangerine Dream, Pineapple Chunk from Barneys seeds are pretty good.

Pineapple Chunk is most rewarding. A huge giver with a massive THC output and high CBD gives a powerful couch lock effect.

Type: Indica Dominant
Genetics: Pineapple x Skunk #1 X Cheese
Yield: Optimum indoor. 650 gr/m2
Height: 60-80 cm
Flowering time: 55 to 60 days
Harvest time: End of September

THC: 25%
CBD: 1.1

--------------------------------------------

With minimum THC levels of 25% and CBD at 1.8%, Tangerine Dream truly lives up to its name, and Barney's Farm has made it real.

Type: Sativa x Indica
Genetics: G13 x Neville's A5 Haze
Yield: 500gr/m2
Height: medium
Flowering time: 70 days
Harvest time: end of October
THC: 25%
CBD: 1.8%

blueberry chocolope a fine fine fine thc giver! a taste thats unbelievable unless you try it. i didnt believe it myself! i was the one that crossed it and many others. all of flyin fantastic quality i didnt know existed!
peace

Back
Top Bottom