Things I learned from my first grow

AKgramma

1) Stop messing with the girls once they are late in flower. Their stems are FRAGILE!

2) I need more lights on my next grow.

3) I need proper nutes on my next grow.

4) I need to grow bigger, but fewer, plants to stay legal.

5) I need to use bigger pots/bins next grow.

6) I need bigger grow areas.

7) Don't overdo defoliation, and stop once veg growth ceases.

8) Tying down is less stressful than topping. I will still get multiple branches with tie downs.

9) When you have a disagreement with Mother Nature, Mother Nature wins out every time!

Words of wisdom to be sure! I'm just going on 3 weeks into my first grow in many decades and I've already come to the same conclusion on most of the things you covered. :)

Big problem for me is that, for now, my dinky little 2x2x4 grow space is as big as it's going to get...

Best of luck on your next grow!

I am on my first grow and what i have learned is to grow more than one plant at a time it is very disappointing to put so much effort into one plant and u find out its a male.

1) Stop messing with the girls once they are late in flower. Their stems are FRAGILE!

2) I need more lights on my next grow.

3) I need proper nutes on my next grow.

4) I need to grow bigger, but fewer, plants to stay legal.

5) I need to use bigger pots/bins next grow.

6) I need bigger grow areas.

7) Don't overdo defoliation, and stop once veg growth ceases.

8) Tying down is less stressful than topping. I will still get multiple branches with tie downs.

9) When you have a disagreement with Mother Nature, Mother Nature wins out every time!

As you can see from the photos in the next post: I'm already starting on #2, 4, and 5. The first harvest is in, still drying, so don't know if it's going to make 1 oz dry.

Medusa is the most obvious candidate for one big plant with many colas. One week after transplanting to a larger bin, with the addition of mycorriza Inoculant, she put out all these roots! The stems are the end result of my 1st Lady and her sister harvested at age, 152 days from seed.

As you can see from the photos in the next post: I'm already starting on #2, 4, and 5. The first harvest is in, still drying, so don't know if it's going to make 1 oz dry.

Medusa is the most obvious candidate for one big plant with many colas. One week after transplanting to a larger bin, with the addition of mycorriza Inoculant, she put out all these roots! The stems are the end result of my 1st Lady and her sister harvested at age, 152 days from seed.

I can't get the camera icon to work for me. I will try later.

OK, it works now. Had to close site and start over.

1st_Lady_in_reveg.JPG
Medusa_roots_2.JPG
Medusa_roots1.JPG
Medusa_right_Profile.JPG
Medusa_left_profile.JPG
Sister_in_reveg.JPG

Are you revegging those sticks Gramma? I've seen sprouts pop out of spots where there were none before but usually a few small buds are left on the stalk for revegging.

You're a hard lady to track down and could use some links in your sig. :)

L8r

Are you revegging those sticks Gramma? I've seen sprouts pop out of spots where there were none before but usually a few small buds are left on the stalk for revegging.

L8r

Yes, I'm going to try and reveg my two original Ladies that I grew from seed, to see if they will give me another harvest, and how long it takes as compared to clones.

What kind of links do you want? I think you can get to my gallery by clicking on my ID. I didn't post my notes from the first grow because there are so many pages of notes (in a Word doc), and not nearly enough photos during the maturation process. And my grow method is far from professional. Just cheap. ;-)

I went into your profile to find this thread after seeing your pics in another thread.
Just wanted to ask about the reveg in your space. :)

L8r

I went into your profile to find this thread after seeing your pics in another thread.
Just wanted to ask about the reveg in your space. :)

L8r

OldMedUser, I appreciate your interest in my newbie experiments! I don't know if the reveg experiment is going to work.

This morning I saw that the stem that used to be 1st Lady (my first lady to go under flower) is beginning to yellow, so I cut her out of her roots (SOB!!!!!!) and replaced her with one of her granddaughters, who was rootbound in a gallon container and showing pistils.

As soon as she recovers from root rearrangement and transplant (to a 6 gallon bin) and shows about a month of healthy growth, I'll put her into flower with Medusa. Granddaughter got a healthy dose of mychorrizal inoculant and a soil mix that my ladies like so much. (1/3 potting soil, 1/3 sand/ 1/3 vermiculite). She has the same wild-hair growth pattern as Medusa, and I expect she will catch up to Medusa really fast, now that I know more about what cannibus requires in the way of nutes.

Addendum: No, I don't name all my plants, just those that I expect the best out of and will give me the clones for future generations.

Hey AK. At first I thought that you had re-vegged that stem. But now I think that I was mistaken. It's just a picture of the stem post harvest, right?

That is right, Weaselcracker. I only harvested them completely a few days ago and put them to veg. So 1st lady decided she'd had enough and her stem started to die. (SOB!!!!) he sister is hanging in there, however.

Good luck with a reveg, I've tried and tried but never have met with success! I have seen a person reveg a mother plant when she got unruly. One long branch was left with foliage and I think it assisted the plant in establishing new nodes near the base, but that is truly just a guess. If it does work for you please let us know.

Thanks
JB
:Namaste:

I've revegged a few. Always left the bottom third, after I greedily removed almost all the bud. Be careful not to over water. Base the amount of water on the amount of foliage left. I didn't have to water mine for several weeks after I harvested them. Also- I removed the plant from its pot and cut the root ball down to about a third of its size and then repotted it. This got it out of the wet soil that it was in post flushing and harvesting, and got it into some nice fresh soil which was not too wet and gave it some space to grow new roots. I usually did the transplant/root ball trim after new growth was starting to sprout, because I felt sorry for the plant post harvest. Next time though I will do it right after harvest and get it into some good soil right away

Good luck with a reveg, I've tried and tried but never have met with success! I have seen a person reveg a mother plant when she got unruly. One long branch was left with foliage and I think it assisted the plant in establishing new nodes near the base, but that is truly just a guess. If it does work for you please let us know.

Thanks
JB
:Namaste:

I realize it's a long shot, since I cut everything off. But Sister, the one with the side branch, wasn't trimmed completely clean, and I already see tiny spicules forming along the nodes. So, when she really starts to show, I'll post a progress pic for you all to see. She is the last of the originals from seed, and I want to see if and how she reveges.

L8r

How do you put links in the signature?

Back
Top Bottom