TimHomeagrow G13 Haze & Majin Buu In Soil

And that's a wrap....first time in 14 months I now have an empty tent ;)
20210523_114043.jpg

Majin Buu #3. She's the second best plant I have grown, almost no larf, mostly green leaves, smells delicious and the buds are dense and rock hard. Plus she was big...42" tall and probably 3.5 ft wide

20210523_071317.jpg

20210523_111845.jpg

When she was just a baby, her main stalk split which gave me a ton of dense colas. Wish I could split a stalk again on purpose ;)
20210523_125008.jpg

This G13 stretched too tall and got too close to the light and foxtailed. However, the colas are long and wide...
20210523_123745.jpg

I've learned a ton in the last year, some plants were great, some OK, some not great. It definitely seems like having 40% or more indica makes for an easier grow and denser buds. I still need to improve on my nutrition game.

Big thank you to all who have been very helpful @Emilya @Justin Goody @013 @MrSauga @Stunger and so many others.

Well done Tim, nice harvest! That Majin Buu #3 looks fantastic, such weighty colas, and the G13 going to contribute nicely too. Pat yourself on the back and prepare to have a lot of nice buds as your reward for a great grow! :welldone:

Well done Tim, nice harvest! That Majin Buu #3 looks fantastic, such weighty colas, and the G13 going to contribute nicely too. Pat yourself on the back and prepare to have a lot of nice buds as your reward for a great grow! :welldone:
That Majin Buu seems denser than the Gorl.Scout Cookie I grew.....they are crazy hard and heavy, can't wait to smoke some ;)

What would you do.....leave these top colas intact or break down?

Crazy dense nugs that have to be pulled apart to break them down more to smaller and tightly packed nugs. This Majin Buu will definitely be my largest yield.
20210531_091454.jpg
20210531_090041.jpg

Well, finally done trimming, weighing and jarring....5 hours later.

Final tally:
263g of primo dense nugs
57g of not so dense nugs
22g of popcorn nugs

Definitely my biggest haul and damn.....I'm going to have to smoke more haha.

One plant left to go, the foxtailing G13. Think she needs another day of drying and I'm so happy about that...tired of trimming prison ha

Trying to think what to do with all this kief from trimming. I have a pollen press, but saw something online making it hash with parchment paper and a bottle filled with hot water.

Any other ideas?

20210604_215746.jpg

Trying to think what to do with all this kief from trimming. I have a pollen press, but saw something online making it hash with parchment paper and a bottle filled with hot water.

Any other ideas?
I followed a great link to a YouTube clip recently on making hash from kief but unfortunately I can't find it now. However I understood that for small amounts it works really well to wrap it up and put it in your shoe and wear it walking about for a few hours, the heat and pressure helps turn it into nice hash.

I followed a great link to a YouTube clip recently on making hash from kief but unfortunately I can't find it now. However I understood that for small amounts it works really well to wrap it up and put it in your shoe and wear it walking about for a few hours, the heat and pressure helps turn it into nice hash.
I had heard that too. And I've read sometimes letting the kief cure for a few months before making the hash can make it better

Any other ideas?

20210604_215746.jpg
Great grow and yield bro!!! The parchment paper and jar of hot water works great. Not the best hash but waste not want not. I recently did a bubble hash with old trimmings. It was just a trial run. Got lots of good quality hash and look forward to using some good flower next time. I got more weed than I know what to do with and I just can't stop myself from growing more.... lol

Great grow and yield bro!!! The parchment paper and jar of hot water works great. Not the best hash but waste not want not. I recently did a bubble hash with old trimmings. It was just a trial run. Got lots of good quality hash and look forward to using some good flower next time. I got more weed than I know what to do with and I just can't stop myself from growing more.... lol
I know the feeling!! I so want to start another growing August, but not sure what to do with all that I have. I need more stoner friends I guess ;)

Smoke report

The Majin Buu is OK, a bit earthy tasting and not as potent as I was hoping. Smell is awesome as well as density

G13 Haze is sweet, tasty, light smoke that gives a great energetic high. It's better than I thought it would be for sure

Girl Scout Cookie....she's the bomb. I wish I had more!!! I'm down to 2 jars, harvested in March and still going strong, pictured below
20211103_183716.jpg

I had heard that too. And I've read sometimes letting the kief cure for a few months before making the hash can make it better
That's a fact... I did this and forgot about it by accident and came across this several months later only to find it amazing and much sweeter terps and smoothness. I just used jar of hot water on parchment paper.

What would you do.....leave these top colas intact or break down?

Crazy dense nugs that have to be pulled apart to break them down more to smaller and tightly packed nugs. This Majin Buu will definitely be my largest yield.
20210531_091454.jpg
20210531_090041.jpg
I thought it cured better with broken down with less stem.

cannabis storage and length of time

Curious as to what others think about the subject. I've read that cannabis can age like a fine wine and I've tried a few ways, here is my opinion, bit would love to hear other thoughts.

My first harvest, Blue Dream, I kept a jar of each plants in a college fridge after cure and adjusted the temp to be like the professional and expensive cannastorage units. After letting it sit at room temp for 15 minutes before smoking, the potency seems to be there as well as the taste after 1 year. Perhaps even better, but that's hard to tell since it's not one of my daily smoking strains. Smell isn't as strong.

Girl Scout cookies, seemed to peak in potency and smell/taste at 6 months curing. It's stored in the dark in my finished basement, about 68 degrees at all times. Potency is still there but taste and smell have seemed to go down after about 8 months.

Anyone else do long term storage and what have you found?

I'm not sure if it's different strains last longer, but I thinking of taking some of the last harvest and adding to the fridge.

Although I'll do another grow starting in April and still have way too much bud haha.

Hi Tim, it's an interesting question and I wish I knew, mostly for me the main thing is just having a sufficient stash for my needs. Last year I made several cobs which are still vac sealed, other folk say cobs improve further with curing over a year, but so far other than an initial tester which was good I haven't broken into them, and I still have jarred bud going back 2 or 3 years which I tend to mostly decarb and have as an edible. I assume degradation occurs at some point in time but thankfully my 'aged' jarred bud still provides a good functional lift. Without having lab testing available it all becomes very subjective.

Hi Tim, it's an interesting question and I wish I knew, mostly for me the main thing is just having a sufficient stash for my needs. Last year I made several cobs which are still vac sealed, other folk say cobs improve further with curing over a year, but so far other than an initial tester which was good I haven't broken into them, and I still have jarred bud going back 2 or 3 years which I tend to mostly decarb and have as an edible. I assume degradation occurs at some point in time but thankfully my 'aged' jarred bud still provides a good functional lift. Without having lab testing available it all becomes very subjective.
It is subjective for sure. Do you just store in a dark cool place?

I'd like to do one grow a year, but that gives me more than a years worth. It's nice having my own personal dispensary haha.

Did you get that expensive grider and was it worth it?

Back
Top Bottom