20151207_183445.jpg
20151207_183451.jpg
20151207_183523.jpg
20151207_183532.jpg
20151207_183549.jpg
20151207_183600.jpg
20151207_183839.jpg
20151207_183846.jpg

Hey guys 12/12/15 will be a month from popping out of soil. I added nutes to these ladies once or twice but was notified I didn't need to because the soil had nutrients in it. They turned yellow on me but they are fixing themselves now from that issue. How much longer should I wait to add nutes and how much longer will it be before I switch the light cycle

Posted at the same time....

Nutes should wait until you have at least 3-5 sets of true leaves but since you burned them I'd wait a bit longer. You flip typically when you are at 1/3 of your final desired size. For instance, if you want a 3 foot plant, flip to flower (12/12) at about 1 ft tall.

Soil---fox farm ocean forest mixed with perlite and peat moss

Strains--- white widow....train wreck. ..and holy grail

Light source--- 1000w hps blew the mh the second day trying to get the timer to act right

water--- about every 2 days but mainly when ever its dry

Nutes---fox farm trio but only used once or twice

When I did use the nutes I used a converter on Google which told me 6 tsp=30ml it seemed like a lot once I filled the syringe but is that a correct calculation

Lol I feel u. When should I start with my nutrients being that Saturday will be a month. ThanX for all ur input m8:thanks:

While I'm not a soil grower, I'd say you need another month or so for most of those plants to recover and start growing vigorously, getting them into the 12"-14" range. That's obviously a real simplification and there are lots of possibilities that could occur.
As for nutrients, over the course of the next month you may not need to add much, if any. It's safe to leave them till they start to look a bit underfed. Right now they are mostly in recovery mode. That OF soil is quite rich and should have enough food for them for some time. Maybe too much...
Take this post for what it's worth. I won't charge you the 2¢.

I play things very loose and sloppy and don't worry at all about exactly when to train. Usually the earliest I top a plant is when it's about 6" high. Sometimes I wait till they are 12". It doesn't make a huge difference in the end because I always wind up with a large bushy plant. Besides the leading branch tips, smaller branches shoot up everywhere and I always have way more budding tips than I need. I tie the limbs down with pipe cleaners once in a while to spread out the plants and encourage a wider shape. Sometimes I don't even do this. I put the scrog screen on at the time I move the plant into the flowering room. At various points I have to remove some branches so I end up with the number of budding tips I want. I am using individual portable screen setups, one for each plant. I don't put the screens on during veg because I don't have tons of room and it's too awkward to move the screened plant through the door to the flowering room. My point is - the situation is quite loose, there aren't any real rules, and it's easy!
I don't usually top a plant less than 4 or 5" tall because it doesn't gain me anything in the end, and probably slows the plant more at that age. Plants can also be bent over low to the ground if you want them low. Most of mine have at least 12" between the pot and screen when I'm flowering.
Sorry that's a longwinded answer. I could blather more or post pics if you're still curious. :)

It doesn't matter I'm here to learn buddy u can talk more in depth about it if u want. But I definitely wanna c pics

Ok here is an example of a Thai sativa plant ready to go into one of my scrog screens. I'm holding off because I don't have room in flowering right now. I may also do something different with this one and grow it twice as big as usual. It's in a seven gallon pot. Sunglasses on the other pot for scale.
image35402.jpg

Here is a picture of another clone of the same plant- this one is about 3/4 of the way through flowering.
image35406.jpg
I just jammed the screen on top and spread the limbs out so things were somewhat (not very) even, did some trimming of undergrowth and extra limbs, and this is what I get. I don't get carried away making things perfect because I don't have time.
I don't have many pictures of the vegging process because I don't usually photograph that stage as much.
The veg plant (I took the pictures yesterday), is over two months old and as you can see I haven't done much training other than to top it a couple times. There's plenty of time to arrange limbs as I like when I put the screen on. The screen is 24" long- which is the front side you see, by 19" wide
Gotta get some sleep- ;) talk to you tomorrow maybe.

Here are a couple pics of a Thai plant ready to harvest.
image32526.jpg

image32527.jpg

Deffently use less than the recommended dose especially with Fox Farm I used it before and noticed it is easy to burn your plants

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

I cut my lights back depending how tall I want them I have white widow max growing I cut the lights back when they where 24 inches took about 30 days to get that big

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

I am a dirt digger and like you use Fox Farm Ocean Harvest. How long the soil has enough nutrients depends on how you up pot them. For example, if like me you start out in a 3x3 inch pot. and let grow for 1 to 2 weeks then transplant into a 1 gallon pot, let veg for anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks, then up pot to either a 3 , 5 or 7 gallon pot, each time you up-pot you are adding fresh soil into the equation which stretches out when you need to start adding nutrients. Keep in mind that soil is like a timed released feeding, and as your plant consumes these nutrients, there is a smaller amount today available from the soil then what was available yesterday. At some point in time the soil will no longer have enough nutrients available to provide 100% of the nutrients that the plant needs for that feeding. That is why many dirt diggers will wait 3 to 4 weeks before starting to feed nutrients and normally at 1/4 strength to start and work up from there.
The key thing to get out of this is with soil there is not 100% needed nutrients today and then BAM tomorrow there is NOTHING. It goes down percentage wise. Today 100% tomorrow maybe only 99% the next day, maybe 98.5%, nutrients are not normally added to the soil till it gets down to where there is a noticeable deficiency of nutrients being delivered by the soil alone.

Hope this helps you understand it better.

Back
Top Bottom