Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Well UglyMuppet you did it again! Thats exactly what I need and its very well explained!! I guess this will be my weekend project now :)

the lemon skunk looks like it has nute burn...keep flushing with water for the next few days and she will recover. they all look very good....

I have never flushed any of my plants before is there a certain way I need to do this? Is it more or less just pouring water through the top of her? if so for how long do i pour the water?

Thanks UglyMuppet I'll make sure to start that tonight. Ok so just a few questions I've looked around the site a bit but maybe I haven't looked for the right thing.

1st when do I "top" my plant and what exactly will that do for my plant? I'm afraid to injure it in any way.

2nd when will I know when its time to switch to 12/12 also the leaves on the lemon skunk are now spread out instead of 3 points it has 5 and is that the most it gets or will it get up to 7?

I agree with UglyMuppet, good advice.

What kind of water are you using, and what's the ph? You want to be right around 6.8 in soil.

The water is a PH balanced distilled water around 6.5 for the soil. The PH for the hydro is between 5.8 - 6.2 I can't get an accurate read but I know its in between those numbers.

Thank you for the link. I will try and do a better search next time.

I'm wondering when would be a good time to FIM/TOP my plant? She is small and I'm still afraid to damage her. All the leaves are very close together at the moment. But it would be nice to get more then just one long stem lol. So in this picture I pointed out where I think it would be toped but before I do anything I want opinions if its ok to do or if I should wait. Thanks!

top35.jpg

im not 100% sure when you should top/fim your plant. i waited for the third set of branches and now i have bushes and not sticks..... i say wait a little bit more.... then FIM it.

Ok I'll wait a bit more. She is getting tall and I want to avoid one long stem I'm definitely trying to get a bush and I guess the only way is to top her, I'm hoping that will increase the amount of bud space on her too. She is however on her 6th set of leaves. She's just small so its hard to tell.

Oh! also in the picture where I marked it do you know if that is the correct spot to Top the plant? I'll make sure I post final pics before I do anything to make sure it's done right.

I'd like to do LST but I'm more afraid of bending them to much and having it snap then I am of Toping it. I'm really not sure yet what I want to do or if my plant is big enough to handle either of those. Is there any advantages of LST vs Toping?

Ok I got a lot of good information know so thank you guys for all that! I guess this is the real question know, what is the easiest one for a newb like me to do? As I. Which one will cause less harm to the plant incase I make a mistake. I did bend my plant over a bit just to see if she will bend and it seemed ok, but I'm still afraid to snap her.

Also I don't understand much about the tops for these plants, do they only grow or split of you make them? And also when does my plant have branches are those the pair of leaves that keep growing or is a branch when the stem splits? I know I want a bushy plant but it doesn't seem to be splitting or branching at all

i topped all of my plants... for a while there i thought i had done something bad... the easyryder i am growing are known for having a very big main cola. i didn't find this out until i had already done the topping. but now it seems like i have multiple main colas on every plant. topping the plant was easy to do. but so is LSTing a plant. i have not LSTed a plant so i cant comment of the effectiveness of it, but i have read many people who do this with good success.
how about doing a SCRoG with your grow by adding a screen above the plant and training it to grow out with a even flat top? you can control the height and get even light to the bud sights.

another thing to think about with your hydro set up. if you use reversed osmosis water you should pick up some botanicare Cal-Mag. your plants might become calcium deficient. if they develop small brown spots on the leaves then you NEED the Cal-Mag ASAP. i just added some to my grow. i don't want you to be caught off guard.

Ok I think I will try the toping first and with my RockLock I will do the LST. I did tell you I will wait another week or so before I top the plant. I've looked at a ton of pictures of people toping plants but I'm still not sure when its the best time to top, do you do it before the leaves start to open and spread out? also does this mean the steam will split or that it will stop growing and the plant will just branch out? Again I will make sure to post a few pics marking where I think to top and wait for the ok thats its the right spot :)

Back
Top Bottom