Tnoldons Indoor Lemon Skunk Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Yeah I guess i got ahead of myself doing both hydro and soil, I guess I just was hoping one of my plants would make it and maybe one or the other would be faster. I have a dome on the little seedling Ill post the pictures tonight. I do not have a dome on the bigger lemon skunk so should I get one? Dumb question but with the dome on will the seedling still get enough light? Thanks for all your help bro and I really hope I can make it to harvest. Ill be posting to night of how they have been doing the dome, and hopefully a successful transfer for the larger lemon skunk.

I just got 5 gallons of distilled water from the store. I'll go home drop each of them to a PH of 6 or lower and then fill my bubbler. I'm also going to be planting my new RockLock strain tonight. I will probably be using a beer cup will perlite for the bottom half then 50/50 soil and perlite for good drainage. Would it be ok to put the seed in rockwool and immediately put it in soil? this way there is no chance of the seed coming out of the soil for a while.

Yea i also think you should get a dome for these seedling soon now.

or just like mist a big clear plastic cup and put it over the little seedling. for like about 10 minutes a few time every day for a few days.

than let it breath right after the 10 minute take the cup out and just leave it out for like 10 minute. than what you can do is put some intense light on it (but not to extreme)
so in the 20 minute you start lighting on it and leave it like that for about 10 hour or so. giving that the root is big enough now. and not dying back, jsut not to intense light will grow the leave anyways.

than mist the cup and dome it again for another 10 minute than light it again with intense light for another 10 hour or or. that will get your seedling grow big leave soon.

giving that the root isn't being stop somehow if it is, than take it slow and too hot or too intense light.

i use a clear bulb 40 watt incendsent light for plant at seedling stage and i can but it very close to the top of my seelding with the very intense and hot, without haveing any problem, but just don't but it too close to the bulb.

the 40 watt spread light not too intense or too hot really even. but you can just use cfl bulb for most of the time. is really bright to and almost as intense as incendest bulb.
(remember the intense light work best after the mist on the cup or dome atleast a few time of this before giving it full intense light all the time if you chose to do that.

Thanks for the info Wazo! Ok so I have to domes on all the plants. I have transplanted the oldest lemon skunk into the FFOC and I HOPE she makes it and the shock doesn't kill her. She is also under a dome now. I have changed the water in the hydro system to all distilled water with no nutes at all! the bucket was cleaned out before any other water was added.
Also in the red cup the bottom half is all perlite the next 3/4 is a fifty fifty mix of FFOC/Perlite and the top 1/4 is just FFOC the seed in the cup is RockLock, It was a massive seed and the root was huge when I planted it.

Questions: How long should I keep the domes on the plants? also how long for the older lemon skunk that has been transplanted?

Ok here are the pictures.

Set up with domes also new seedling in red cup:
DSC_2083.JPG

Seedling:
DSC_2084.JPG

DSC_2086.JPG

Lemon Skunk after transplant:
DSC_2089.JPG

DSC_2088.JPG

you welcome and yea is looking like the leave is obsorbing the water more faster now.

give the mist dome about twice a day for 10 minute at a time is about perfect.

However if you planing to make your seedling grow at a fast rate give it intense light for 24 how and let the leave draw out some more. in this case if it does dry out faster, more often than apply 1 more dome time daily would be better.

remember the more dray out time that your little seedling get. the more often you can dome it your seedling will uptake faster and become stronger to the enviroment and will want to take up more light more easily and also it'll grow faster and begin to produce big top shot for further plant develpment.

your seedling is look really heathy now and well on there way of big growth soon.
pretty soon it can take up all the light you want to give it and grow the way you want.

also keep in mind later on seedling stage is that, the terminal stem is determine on the size of your fan leave the bigger your fan leave is it will connect from the fan leave bottem stick pencil looking part to your teminal stem, which interm will create a bigger size plant that grow bigger faster. (considering the littlle small bottom growth shoot is possible could help over all determine the bigger growth size of your plant in the long run. but really see the virgerious of those shoot, to really see if is worth growing and to see if it will grow out into a bigger part for you plant, if is not worth keeping in th end than even if it makes your plant stem and shoot a little bigger some how. is still better off not grow those few little shoot.

Ok so I kinda wish when I transplanted the larger lemon skunk I put it in the red cup. The stem looks to long and I'm not sure how big its going to grow? Its a very very small plant and even know its growing its still incredibly small. I think I made a bonsai pot plant haha. Is it a bad thing that the stem is so long and the leaves are getting big? will it be able to support that much weight?

Anyway either way all seems to be going well. The seedling is growing every day they all have their humidity domes on for about a 1/2 hr a day then the rest of the time being exposed to the light. The RockLock has been planted in the soil. It hasn't popped up yet so I'm hoping to see it in the next few days. I did notice maybe I waited a little long on planting it. I could see the leaves forming they were still white though so I planted it with just a small amount of soil on top hope this doesn't cause an issue.

Now its the waiting game to see how everything goes. I hope when I give them there first does of nutes that it will help increase size. And can anyone tell me when I can start feeding the older lemon skunk? No lie she is 30 days old already! She just has gone through hell and thats why she is so small.

Tnoldon if you want to grow big plant you must have to first grow the leave heathy and strong and big to make the terminal sterm big stronger, than it can that have the energy to produce out shoot than hopfuly with enough light a nutes you will be able to grow those shoot out big and strong to produce some weed bud.

You tranplant them whenever the plant root is estiblish and usual when the second set of leave start to grow really heathy. by that time you can cut back on the light and start to see so stem growth before blasting anymore lot of light on it.

this will be fine is ok to stall the plant and grow them slowly at the point of the second set of plant leave and stem are big and strong, untill you see so shoot to start growing the plant further on that part. by than the plant should only be growth more and bigger, and not dying. giving that theres nothing wrong the the nutes the root or the light shecdule. is what i do let me show you.

here are my plants 1 tall wonder women at the back is about almost 2 months old from seed. and i stop giving it alot of light since it second set of leave have become big and health, and because it stop devlepment, see no side shoot yet.

the rest are bublegum the 1 at back was doing slow but is jumping right back at almost 45 days. and the tall bublegum in front is around 25 days. i have stop giving those plant any strong light since it become strong and big on it own now, is not going to die back on me. so i wait until they ready to make shoot for me than. i will put intense light oon them soon.

the one in the little pot is slow one seedling i also have too over 25 days already with a medium amount of light shecdule. and the next set of leave the 4th one show start being big already. than i can stop stall lighting them for another 20days or so. ( now nothice this little seedling in the pot root isn't showing any root bound and the root system is not develope big yet although is been pass the big rooting last date which suppose to be in the second week, this is on almost isn't 4th week. do you see the pot cut out one side wall of the pot. is how i tell if is time to transplant. and so i put like another pot outside of that pot and take this pot out whenever the plant root is ready to transplant)
plants171.jpg

Pics looks nice bro :) Yeah I'm just watching my plants right now hoping that they will begin to thrive and get nice and big. I do have little hope for the oldest lemon skunk to get any bigger the roots were very small when I transplanted her. maybe she needed a bigger pot but idk? I'll keep you posted on whats going on with mine tonight. Hope the humidity domes work!

thanks man and yea keep the thread going with update on your crop bro. i chilling and like to see they're turn out. The dome will probably help alot man. it really a good way to rejuvenate your plant in a way to make use of the light more effectively.

remember now that when the seedling is looking dry or look like it doesn't have a soft leave look, like say you never dome it with moist water. than it'll show the shoot and leave it will not want obsorb light and won't exband leave tissue. notice it will not seem to pray to the new show and old leave. when it looking dry out. ( my seedling in picture show is getting dry out slowly only in a few days now,and i need to only dome it once now. because it been doming for days earlyer and that intense light has power up that little seedling already. so is not need nothing left but to root and just more light untill water the stem and leave uptake and light in power up in time. in othe word is not dying back and it only expand from now on, because i gave it all the intense light and dome it need already.)

so the dome will probably help you if the root is working up their way. now if the plant respone quickly to the light after the dome than you'll know is not a problem with the root and the plant is not a bad plant, and hopefully not nute lock up.

to a point where you see the plant don't need a moist dome anymore after a few day of that. and it leave still soft. dry it out with intense light for a few days, than it should grow strong soon. (by that time it should kick ass man and should start fighting of humidity and light problem. and also help root to grow stronger from there.)

That lemon skunk is going to pull through. She looks healthy. Relax, and let mother nature do it's thing for now. From your recent pics, she doesn't look to be getting any worse at all. Just stick with it, and things will turn around!!

Thanks Smokey! Yeah I'm trying not to worry so much anymore haha and know that she is transplanted I'm not so worried about the soil. I do wonder if I should've used a bigger pot to transplant maybe that would help with growth.

I can't tell you enough how excited I am if I get these babies to harvest!!! I just got home and I'm about to check up on them and post some pics shortly to show how they are doing.

Question about the seedling in the hydro system. It seems the tips of the true leaves are turning brown black but the lights have been moved up. Is this anything to be worried about? I'm trying not to over analyze everything but if its a light problem it can be fixed.

Ok here is an update of whats going on. First the older Lemon Skunk survived the transplant well and is getting bigger everyday starting her 5th set of leaves!! still a small plant but hey she is growing the yellowing of the tips of the leaves hasn't spread yet so im hopeful it wont.

The lemon skunk seedling is doing good the tips of the leaves are brown but hey I'm not gonna worry about it for know and she is also starting her second set of leaves. Can anyone give me a reason as to why the leaves on my plants are all so small? they have enough light the right temp humidity and all so I'm not sure why such small leaves?

Last is the RockLock she has just shown herself and I'm hoping she will grow nice and big : )

Oldest Lemon Skunk:
LS23.jpg

LS12.jpg

Lemon Skunk Seedling:
S29.jpg

S17.jpg

RockLock:
RL1.jpg

Ok picture update! All the plants are doing great :) this may be there first day I'm not worrying about them as much they are strong and I can't believe how far along the older lemon skunk has gotten I never thought I'd make it this far lol The oldest lemon skunk has started her 6th set of leaves! remember she is a very small plant wont get much out of her when I harvest maybe at best one small bud lol but still I'm happy to get that. As for the other plants the rock lock started her first set of true leaves and the hydro lemon skunk started her second set of leaves.

Lemon Skunk:
LS13.jpg

LS24.jpg

Seedling Lemon Skunk:
S18.jpg

RockLock Seedling:
RL11.jpg

About 6 inches for the 2 in soil about 3-4 inches from the on in the bubbler

Back
Top Bottom