To drip or not to drip

H20gro

I recently purchased an rdwc drip bucket kit. I didnt want the hassle of drilling and gathering all the parts so just went w kit. I didn't realize it was a drip kit initially.

My question is whether i should use the drip ring or just feed the water directly to bucket. I ask because ive seen posts around that suggest drip systems “suck.” Im not sure why, but either way id like your input on whether i should drip the water entering the bucket or simply let it flow into bucket vs basket. Im leaning towards no drip, but no particular reason why other than simplicity.
Thanks in advance!

I recently purchased an rdwc drip bucket kit. I didnt want the hassle of drilling and gathering all the parts so just went w kit. I didn't realize it was a drip kit initially.

My question is whether i should use the drip ring or just feed the water directly to bucket. I ask because ive seen posts around that suggest drip systems “suck.” Im not sure why, but either way id like your input on whether i should drip the water entering the bucket or simply let it flow into bucket vs basket. Im leaning towards no drip, but no particular reason why other than simplicity.
Thanks in advance!
Sorry you haven't gotten an answer yet Amigo.
I don't use that system so I can't advise.
I'm sure someone has thought?
Anyone?
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

i'd have to see it. a passive drip system on an active dwc doesn't make any sense.
Essentially, this…

A8929A31-0CA4-4EB9-9120-7EC2247B0C61.png

that's a pumped system so is active rdwc. looks real similar to the standing water column types i used to build in the 90's. if you really want to go active go have a look at the undercurrent guys, that's probably the type i'd build if i ever tried active again.

undercurrent is little newer take and can grow insane plants.

i'm only growing passive styles now. i needed to reduce all the gear associated with rdwc.

edit - to actually answer your question lol :cheesygrinsmiley: - you can use the drip rings on seedlings carefully. once they get to the water just go direct - once roots poke just below the basket.

Back
Top Bottom