To scrog or not to scrog?

Understood, appreciate it. I will check out your stuff too. BTW, how long do you usually flower for in the scrog? This way I can plan to rotate from veg-flower correctly.

Thanks

It depends on the strain mate. My current grow is meant to be 8 weeks flowering according to the seed co. Scrogging shouldn't affect flowering time, once you flip the lights it does it's thing and will be ready when it's ready. Some strains take longer, some less but 8 weeks is about the average - the seed co. will tell you how long the particular strain you choose takes to flower.

You've got a lot of height but how big's your space? If you want to do a perpetual grow you just need to work out how often you want to harvest and rotate the plants, and that will determine your rotation. If you want to harvest every two weeks then you need to clone every two weeks.

I should say that if you want to do a perpetual grow then you'll want a reasonable sized veg room that you can veg the plants to the size you want. It all depends on how much space you've got and what your goals are really

I have alot of space, and will veg in separate room. My goal is to produce as much bud as I can within my legal limits, which is 12 mature plants and 12 smaller plants

Well it always ends up for me growing big ass plants indoors. Going into growing i never set out to do it that way it justs keep ending up that way. Quiet Frankly if you have the space and a very limited budget for proper equipment like i do. Go for it.My canopy consist of 3 7 gallon 2 10's and testing out a 20 and a 15 gallon for the first time. Just cut off as much of the scraggle as possible prior to flowering and along the way. Side lighting is awesome but just another thing in the way and more power. The yield you will get will make up for the scraggle. Yes it is a gigantic pain in the ass and you really earn the extra weight come harvest time.

Flower times remain the same. If your strain usually flowers for 60 days ... then that's what you flower for. But, you keep vegging until the screen is full. The main branch should grow at a 90 degree along the bottom of the screen. The side branches are what grow up into each screen hole. And each side branch becomes a main cola.

As long as the plant is not vegged past 3 ft other wise will get too root bound and not yield. Plus it will drink like a fish if your not on. 5 gallons work real good

Back
Top Bottom