Top plant not ready - But sides are - Have I bleached it?

Templar

Hi folks, I am on my second grow at the moment - which is almost finished. This is my first Hydro grow, thought I would give it a try.

Just one plant which is an - Auto Think Different from Dutch Passion in a Hydro bucket.

Under 600watt HPS - had it that high maybe once - which might have caused the plant issues - usually kept at 400 or 250watts.

Now, From what I can tell plants almost always finish at the top rather than bottom or sides parts?

The top of my plant got a little heat stressed at one point a few weeks ago - and the main cola got abit damaged. But things didnt look to bad, not a great deal of damaged leaves or bud. What I did do is trim the damaged main cola maybe 1cm of it wasnt much not sure if that was the right thing to do, it was beyond saving that very top, so thought taking the damaged bud off would help?

My plant is in week 13 and the sides are looking almost finished i would say but the top cola's have barely any orange hairs mostly white and less thc/snow.

I had a house inspection and had to hide the plant in the cupboard for an hour + with the air pump off which stressed it a wee bit also.

Im now worried ive damaged the top cola's to much they have perhaps lost or not producing as much crystals .

The hairs on the top where never orange at any point i dont think, so its not as if they got bleached back to white, But Im not sure if I have still managed to bleach them?

Being my first hydro grow - and think different seed - i left it alone to see what it would do - no training.
The plant got a little out of hand TBH its pretty big didnt expect it to grow so tall and is maybe a little too close to the lights.

The plant is about inches away from the light.
Temperature around 30c most time, didnt seem to have any issues with nutrients.

Here are some pictures - Anyone had similar issues or advice would be great, thanks :Namaste:

Its maybe hard to tell with these pictures, anyone with orange are the side /lower branches

SUNP0045.JPG
SUNP0043.JPG
SUNP0041.JPG
SUNP0039.JPG
SUNP0038.JPG
SUNP0037.JPG
SUNP0032.JPG
SUNP0027.JPG
SUNP00171.JPG
SUNP0007.JPG

the last picture is the main cola i cut the top off slightly, made a new growth a little weird

You see the Tips of the leaves are brown, this indicates a nutrient issue whether its a nute lock out or not enough of something.

Do a search on here for nutrient issues or nute burn or even on google check into it.

Now the light of at 600w and was 8-10 inch away without cooling would burn the leaves too, but just raise the light at 600w to 18 inches away and use back of your hand to see of its too hot for you and of it is, then its to hot for the plant.

I think she will be fine just have to figure out of its a nute issue or a nute lockout of something meaning its not able to get nutes into it so a flush is needed, not a drowning.. :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Hello mate, am about to get down on my first ones in March but in soil doh, so yet I am just massivley spongin information. I ve got dis picture it is a lil hard to see not the best quality but quiet interesting. Might help. I wouls not worry too much cuz your plants still look pretty and yieldful. Hope you can fix she a bit more. How much was the estimated seed to harvest time?

420-magazine-mobile2142018056.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok thanks for the replies guys.

I Think I will try flush the roots this should hopefully help if nutrient lockout? and give them a freshen up then put new nutrient solution in.

What is the best way to flush hydro? Just under normal tap water? Or Am I better making up lower ph water and flushing it with that?

I had the lights at 400watt usualy but cant raise the lights any higher due to the tent size so ive dimmed the lights to 250 watts see if that helps, it didnt seem to hot at 400 watts but i'll play it safe

And also how long do you flush for?

Farmadee - its around 13 weeks at the moment - realy good size, hopefully get 3oz or so, ive only done small AUTO's my first grow but the where TINY in comparision to this beast, really happy with the size, Ill just have to watch for the same things like height getting out of control etc for next one, its alot bigger than i thought an Auto could get. Might be due to hydro and decent amount of light. Im going to try the Dutch passion Auto Mazar next similar to this one i think.

My first grow was under LED lights which i want to compare to the HPS at some point see if they are anywhere as good as HPS light.

No mistakes next time though!!! :D Live and learn eh

Flush with just ph'd water if ya do get a good run off test its PH, do not drown the plant, maye have to flush 1-3 times to get good run off.

Then only use half of the nute schedule for a few days see of she perks up and if so then go full nute schedule for another week and if all is good.. she be ready to harvest ... flush again for a week or two and harvest her.

Oh forgot to mentiom 250w for first few days to see if she.perks up, but if all good after 3 days.. put it back to 400w.

Lower watts means slower growing.

Ok thanks, Yeah just lowered the light to see if it helps abit - also your saying dont drown her, She lives in water :D do I just pour 10litres or so over the roots then back in normal /lower nutrient reservoir for a hydro flush?

Ok thanks, Yeah just lowered the light to see if it helps abit - also your saying dont drown her, She lives in water :D do I just pour 10litres or so over the roots then back in normal /lower nutrient reservoir for a hydro flush?
Oh yeah your running hydro, just run plain ph'd water to flush.

And then yeah back to normal and lower nutes schedule for few days.

Ok, thanks for the advice again folks.

Just a little update with results.

I managed to flush it just once before harvesting 90 % of the plant, I kept the top cola one the plant to see if it could recover from the heat damage i did to that part, It wasnt too bad in the end, some didnt have alot of crystals but It was own fault for trying 600watt when 400 was the limit really :) for my space.

Over all once dry i got just over 7 oz from the one think different plant - compared to having one small previous grow with an assorted mix of autos, they were all tiny like 1/4 oz per plant at most. So im happy to say the least with this plant, keep me stocked with personal medicine for good while.:Namaste:

Anyone thinking of trying the Auto Think Different i would 100% recommend. Im a newbe grower, doing one plant for personal use, not much room etc so this has been a good result even with the heat /stress i caused several times during the grow. Live and learn though. Im going to try the Auto Mazar dutch passion next at some point seem like a similar size plant.

My set up was using Hydro - first time I have tried this DONT BE SCARED if your thinking of trying hydro its easy, i made a few mistakes during this first run which will help with next grow ( letting water level go down really low a couple times)

I used a 20 liter bucket with one small silent air pump and samurai hydro nutrients grow /bloom. Nothing else and far as nutrients went the food helped ph the water so didnt have to do much there. I did buy a temp probe for the water, but it wasnt necessary - a guide explains it "if your grow room temp is fine then the water should be fine also" which ended up being correct so didnt bother with the water temperature probe after a week or two. And I had a dimmable 660 watt HPS light, but only had it at 400w or lower sometimes due to heat.

I didnt train the plant at any point which i should have, but i wanted to just let it grow naturally to see what it was like without any help. This made it almost touch the tent roof /doh!

Back
Top Bottom