Topping and FIM with Low Stress Training

CapJaneway

I have three plants. 1 topped white widow, 1 FIM'd Afghanhi, and 1 FIM'd white widow. I am using the Low Stress Training method. I am a little OCD so when I go into my grow room every few hours I am constantly adjusting the leafs. The plants are BEAUTIFUL at 4 weeks veg though. Nice and bushy and green. My question is, will I stress my plants too much to the point of them becoming hermies? And how long should I wait after topping/FIMing and adjusting should I put them into flowering?

Hiya & welcome to :420:

I've not done fimming yet...

But certainly done topping :thumb:

I would more likely wait in till you see suitable new growth form of few inches if not more before flipping to flowering.

It is normally bad environmental stress or light leaks which cause em to go hermie tho.

I prefer feminized seeds these days, i've topped em bent em about lst style with out problems.

High CapJaneway

Personally I don't believe that you can cause plants to go hermie unless they already have a hermie gene present but many strains do have it from all the inbreeding that's gone on the last 20 years or so.

After FIMing or topping you want to see good healthy tops formed before flipping to flower but that's about it.

Being too OCD about your plants can do more harm than good so maybe take up another hobby on the side. Tying flies is a fussy thing to do that should satisfy all the OCD urges. Worked for me for years. :)

L8r

CapJaneway, I fuss over my ladies just as much as you do. I found that those I fussed over the most, grew the largest. Maybe it was the CO2 I was breathing on them! ;-) Touching them shows you love them, and I really do think they respond well to that kind of attention.

Overwatering, too many nutes, and tying down too late in flower (brittle stems break) are about the only ways you can over do the TLC.

LST won't cause hermies, and nor should topping unless bad genetics. Usually you want at least 2 weeks before flipping to flower after any HST. You can still LST during early flowering, just shape your plants how you like until growth stops and they start focus on bud production.

Back
Top Bottom