Tops Of Buds Turning Brown And Dying

VenturaKush

I'm In My Sixth Week Of Flowering A G-13 Plant Outdoors In Southern California With All Fox Farm Products And I Have Found A Few Caterpillars Deep Inside The Buds. Once Picked They Seem To Leave A Type Of Mold/Fungus That Keeps Spreading. ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?

IMG_03328.JPG
IMG_03318.JPG
IMG_033010.JPG

Those caterpillars are bad...I grow indoors, so I don't have any experience with them, but I was following a journal by Munki, and he just had a really bad go of it. Here's a link to a post discussing those little bastards and the damage they do in detail.
Munki's "Al Naturale" Autoflower Outdoor Escursion - 2011
:goodluck:

I've Heard That If I Cut The Few Browning Buds Off And Dap A Tiny Bit Of Alcohol With A Q-Tip It With Stop The Mold/Fungus That The Caterpillars Left Behind But I Dont Want To Do Anything Until I Can Verify The Information. Ill Post More Picks Today! And Thank You For The Quick Reply! :thanks:

Looks like bud rot through and through, Im not sure that the caterpillars were entirely to blame but its a bummer nevertheless.
Ive never heard the alcohol suggestion before but I cant think of any better alternative. Its worth a go :)
Ive had bud rot before but not to that extent, I ended up harvesting early to minimize my losses.

*Outside A G-13 Bud
IMG_035010.JPG

*Inside A G-13 Bud
IMG_034910.JPG

Ill Keep Everyone Updated If A Solution Surfaces Itself In The Next Few Hours! :helpsmilie:

BT= Bacillus Thuringiensis

Very effective and only affects caterpillars, but once they are in the buds ........

I'd still get some and use it. Might not help much with this grow, but you will need it for the next one.

I get the concentrate, Thuricide, but I also use it for horn worms on my tomatoes. Apply it every couple of weeks at least and after a rain for sure.

Easy to find products that contain BT in Lowes, HD, or any garden shop. Dipel is one and a lot of 'natural' products. Harmless to anything but caterpillars.

DD

hi there dont no if in rite spot sorry.but i have a problam with buds 39 days into flower dont no wot strain some say sativa.but eny way heres some pic of my buds going brown and there still small and fluffy like.this was my first grow thankyou.
DSCN07828.jpg
DSCN07819.jpg
DSCN077810.jpg
DSCN077912.jpg
DSCN078311.jpg
DSCN07739.jpg
DSCN07729.jpg
DSCN07718.jpg
DSCN078311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom