Train, Flush Or Transplant?

Doctor Trevor

I was planning on doing these three things in upcoming weeks, but now it looks as if Taija and Stacy are ready for all three. What would be the best order for this? And how much time between each one?

Both plants are four weeks old. More details are in the grow log.

Attachments

• 107427248_278295576587119_4042511538787335623_n.jpg
    107427248_278295576587119_4042511538787335623_n.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 106752664_903582373464713_4153406720556559027_n.jpg
    106752664_903582373464713_4153406720556559027_n.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 52
I was planning on doing these three things in upcoming weeks, but now it looks as if Taija and Stacy are ready for all three. What would be the best order for this? And how much time between each one?

Is that auto or photo? If auto dont transplant if photo wait until its rootbound and you can pick it right up out of pot. You dont have to flush! But it's easier if wet. Dont go crazy like with a real flush ( which is total myth but that's for different post lol) as far as training goes I do it A lot younger than 4 weeks because shes much more flexible. Now you're going to have to do it a little at a time. Eventually when trained you want all the bud sites at the same height like this. Spread her n tie down ,when thet come back up u can adjust heights

Attachments

• 20200705_121455.jpg
    20200705_121455.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 20200625_105105.jpg
    20200625_105105.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Dont go crazy like with a real flush ( which is total myth but that's for different post lol)

Wrong. Bad info right there.

Flushing soil removes built up salt/nutrients from the medium, and serves a real purpose.

Flushing to remove things “built up” in the plant the last two weeks of flower is where the bullshit lies.

Wrong. Bad info right there.

Flushing soil removes built up salt/nutrients from the medium, and serves a real purpose.

Flushing to remove things “built up” in the plant the last two weeks of flower is where the bullshit lies.
Ok that's your opinion but I however believe science. Matter of fact theres a article on this site. A scientific study on flush no flush and there was NO DIFFERENCE in smoke, taste, medical properties, terpenes. If you want to do it that's fine but you're wasting your time. Because if you WATER correctly salts dont build up! The more you know

Tgats not the article I was speaking of theres a different one on here. It's really interesting

Ooooh that member is super knowledgeable! Maybe that's it bud I read it a while ago. Dont you love learning and growing these beauties!

Indeed I do!

Ok that's your opinion but I however believe science. Matter of fact theres a article on this site. A scientific study on flush no flush and there was NO DIFFERENCE in smoke, taste, medical properties, terpenes. If you want to do it that's fine but you're wasting your time. Because if you WATER correctly salts dont build up! The more you know

No, that's not my opinion. What I said was indeed fact. 100%. Apparently your reading comprehension is showing that your IQ is in range of a salad bar.

I said nothing to that effect, but thank you for trying to put words in my mouth.

FLUSHING can be a valuable tool. However, what is a flush? A flush is when you run a volume of water 3x the size of the pot through the medium. This rinses the medium of built up salts and/or nutrient levels. This can be done at any time, if the grower needs to do so. It is NOT something done on a schedule, but when problems arise it is an effective tool.

It's for the medium, not the plant. There is no dispute on that. It's a straight up fact.

Where the bullshit lies is starving the plant the last 2-3 weeks of its life because it "removes nutrients from the buds and makes it taste better." THAT IS PURE BULLSHIT. That is not a flush, that's a fuck up.

I strongly suggest you improve your reading comprehension, as this is exactly what I said before. So I'm not sure what little crusade you think you're on, but I suggest you take a little time and learn to read better. Because you tried to be a dick and bitch at me for exactly opposite of what I said. And that is not an opinion either, it's a fact.

It doesn't matter how well you, or anyone else waters their plants. At some point, something is going to go wrong with one. When it does, a real flush is absolutely one of the options available to help correct an imbalance in the medium and get things back on track. But hey, go ahead and ignore the option and when you've torched your plants 3 weeks in because you misread and overfed them, by all means, ignore that option and kill em good.

Got damn you’re worse off than I thought. I’m not sure you have any brain cells left, and you’re making that salad bar look pretty smart right now.

Here is what you’ve done:

You’ve read some shit somewhere, then read Shed’s topics. Now you’re a fucking expert. WRONG.

You can use the word science, must be some kind of buzzword to you or whatever, but you have absolutely zero understanding of the drivel you’re spouting.

That’s the really sad part. You’re too ignorant to comprehend the discussion and are off on some dumb fucking tangent that there is no such thing as a flush, and that no matter what anything called a “flush” is absolutely wrong.

Well fella, let me tell you a thing or two, one more time for the cheap seats, and maybe, just maybe you’ll be able to wrap your pea-sized brain around the words to follow. I’ll try to keep it to your level of reading comprehension, which still will most likely not be sufficient. Try to keep up, mkay? I know it's going to be tough for ya, but give it a shot.

THERE IS A REAL FLUSH.

Say it with me. Live it. Learn it. Love it.

WHAT IS A REAL FLUSH?

A flush is taking a volume of water 3x the size of the container, and watering the media with every last drop. To dumb it down even further for you, it means if you have a 5gallon container, you will use 15 gallons of water and run it through the container. Be sure that the pH is appropriate.

WHAT DOES A REAL FLUSH DO?

It rinses the media (not just dirt, but coco, promix, perlite, etc. anything except straight water) of salt and nutrient imbalances and build up.

WHEN AND/OR WHY DO YOU FLUSH?

When certain problems arise, it can be used to rinse the media which allows for a fresh feeding slate. This may be due to nutrient issues, pH issues, root issues, whatever. Some will religiously do this right before switching to flower, which won't hurt anything but it is most likely not truly necessary.

WHAT IS NOT A FLUSH, BUT IDIOTS STILL CALL IT A FLUSH?

Many people out there have fallen prey to the bro science of starving your plants the last 2 weeks of their life by only giving their plants plain water with no nutrients. They believe it will pull out all the nutrients from the plant and make it better. Worse yet, they believe they are pulling fertilizer out of the plant. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Well, guess what? THAT'S BULLSHIT. You cannot pull "fertilizer" out of the plant. It's pure bullshit. All you do is rob your plant of food when it needs it most to swell those buds.

If you cannot comprehend that much, then there is truly no help for you. Again, that's the really, really sad part. You're so gung-ho that there is no such thing as a flush, that you cannot even fathom that you lack the knowledge, experience, and comprehend that maybe, just maybe, that you're so full of shit and doing nothing but parroting something you read somewhere as pure, 100% gospel.

I hate to tell you this dirty little secret, but the folks you seem to think meant there is no such thing ever, never, no way no how... on occasion will....

wait for it...

just a tick more...

almost there....

use a true flush to help correct potential issues with the media.

What? OMG! OMG! For reals?

Yes, it's true. There is a time and place for using a flush. It works. MOTHER FUCKING SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THIS. You know, since you love the word science so damn much. There you go. You want it? Poof. Now go back and do the proper homework and research so maybe you can catch up to the real world. My first suggestion is learning to comprehend what you read. You obviously have zero comprehension of anything I've written, and believe me, it shows.

I fully believe in two types of uninformed/misinformed/uneducated people.

a) Those whom are ignorant: They are willing to learn but have not yet been exposed to the subject matter.

b) Those whom are stupid. They have no desire to learn, no matter their level of exposure to a particular subject matter.

Let me put it this way: you're not falling under the bullet point "a)."

Well, that was a fun read!

Before I read this, however, I flushed and trained the girls. I'll post my details in my log.

oh no! not that! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

don’t you know that isn’t real? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

there’s a paper that says it’s not! never ever do it! :laugh:

oh, wait... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some people, huh? :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Well this really made my day go by. Good laughs.
So to recap
Yes you can flush when needed
no you dont need to flush before harvest

cool thanks guys

You got it! Not sure why “someone else” can’t get it, but you easily did. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom