Tranquilgreen - Hydro & Soil - First Grow Journal

I've had Mag def before, and what you've got is def not that def.

Vlad's mag def.

IMG-20150622-00664.jpg

Vlad

Happy growing and be careful, as Mystery said leaving the males in the environ of your girls even if on the balcony could end in tears......even your hair will carry pollen for the sneaky males.

Thanks Mystery and Bapple, I am going to "harvest" those males and bag em for smoothies. :cheesygrinsmiley: :hippy:

Snoop - I think you have a good eye for problems. None of my other plants are showing a phosphorous deficiency but that's what it looks like to me too, now. I was feeding fish fertilizer before flower. What can I use to boost up my phosphorous?

Vlad - thanks for the photo for Mag deficiency. You are right, not looking like what I have.

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
:peacetwo:

When I had a deficiency with my first grow it was recommended that I flush the container with twice the amount of water. 3 gallon pot=6 gallon of water. That water should be Ph to 6.5 for soil. After that dries up go back to your regular fertilizer program. I was growing with a soil less mix (mostly pro mix) at the time. I dont think I ever got rid of the deficiency for the rest of the grow but its worth a shot. The good news is that I was still able to harvest the plant. The smoke was not that great but better then nothing. Good Luck and hopefully someone else adds there 2 cents.

Good suggestion Snoop! However, if anything, my plants suffer from lack of nourishment. I gave them a spray of de-stress a couple days ago and again today. I'll give them their first watering for nutes in two days.

I just got a great little sprayer, she sprays under pressure so I can thoroughly get the undersides of the leaves. It's called a Solo, one handed sprayer with an extending wand.

Utilizing Doc's Kit.

You might try spraying Doc's de-sress on the leaves, it's basically phosphoric acid, kelp, and sugar. Ask Doc and the gang on his thread, and they'll be sure to aim you in the right direction. My first grow is in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, but I've been adding Doc's Tea, Growth Energy, and Transplant (and the occasional de-stress spray) since the beginning of flower and my Papayas want for nothiing.

Fourth week of flowering July 19
Tent temp range from 74 - 92
RH 31 - 63%

De-stress 7/16 & 7/18
Brix Foliar 7/20 First time

Remember these gals? Most of them came out of my DWC which I discontinued and put them in organic soil. I'm using Docs sprays on them now and since they are on a swick I am watering rather than drenching them in Docs stuff.

Tent now has 1 PlatinumLED 450, 1 PlatinumLED 300 and 1 Apollo 600 for lighting. All are on swick watering system.

Quintonic
flowerSourDiesel.jpg

Sour Diesel
flowerSourD.jpg

Pineapple Chunk
flowerPC2.jpg

flowerPC1a.jpg

flowerPC1.jpg

flower131.jpg

Chocolate Kush
flowerCK2.jpg

flowerCK1.jpg

White Widow
flower228.jpg

Seems to me the Pineapple Chunks would do well with a scrog. They have lots of side branches.
I'm not noticing any insect damage anywhere in the tent.

Until next week, may your days be green and your plants grow well.

:high-five:
Thanks Mystery and Whitty! Without you guys and gals on 420 giving me a real, hands-on learning experience I could not have gotten this far. After all the months of stop and start and good and bad decisions I am now looking into the tent and seeing the hard work paying off.

Soon I will be learning the finishing process of trichomes and harvesting with your help. Then the drying and curing step to a good smooth smoke. :cheesygrinsmiley:

remember a little low stress training could go a long way to help bush out your plants and from getting to tall but besides that they are looking nice and healthy and that pineapple chunk is looking fantastic I will be looking to see how it finishes I might just get me some after I get done with my new grow

p.s. I dried my harvest in my spare grow tent if you are looking for options

:welldone:

db - I do need a spare grow tent, a smaller one for veg and mothers. For now I will settle for outside sun and it seems to be working well for my second grow. The wind pushes them around and I have noticed they have much stronger stems.

As for this, my first grow, with all the changes and decision flip-flops it seems to have come out of it alright. Two males ousted to the void where they belong and it seems no teen mothers. :high-five:

97 days from seed right now and a month in flower.

I am ready for harvest in about 5 to 6 weeks. Got my scissors, a place to hang to dry, some jars and some Boveda humidity packs. We shall see what the next month brings. I am excited.

Now I need to study making oil... :reading420magazine:

:Rasta:

:high-five:
Thanks Mystery and Whitty! Without you guys and gals on 420 giving me a real, hands-on learning experience I could not have gotten this far. After all the months of stop and start and good and bad decisions I am now looking into the tent and seeing the hard work paying off.

Soon I will be learning the finishing process of trichomes and harvesting with your help. Then the drying and curing step to a good smooth smoke. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You're most welcome! I'm just glad I could keep your spirits up! This is now the hardest time of the grow when you see the flowers develop and it really makes you want to chop her down and sample her. Patience is a must and your ladies will reward you!!!

Better late than never!

Fifth Week of flower report: Sunday July 26th
29 Days of flower
Temp: 71 to 84 degrees
RH: 35% to 60%
Dawn: 5:51 AM
Sunset: 8:44 PM

Schedule:
Regular pH'd well water in SWICK when needed. Some have more perlite than others.

July 21: Brix Tea to Quintonic and Sour Diesel and especially to White Widow.
July 23: All heavily misted with De-Stress.
July 25: Added some worm castings as a top dress, scratched in and watered.

So here are some pictures both inside the tent and outside. Pardon some of the photos, they are sometimes not as crisp as I wanted.

One of the Pineapple Chunks, front and back.
0012454.JPG

0022398.JPG

Quintonic
0042157.JPG

0071676.JPG

Various Assorted pictures of the tent and the baby colas.
0052029.JPG

0091360.JPG

0101246.JPG

013894.JPG

014810.JPG

017614.JPG

Monster alert! This one will be a monster!
021450.JPG

This is gonna be a monster too!
022396.JPG

That's it for this week folks. In the tent picture you can see a plastic thing in the middle. It's holding up a branch that bent from one of my Pineapple Chunks.

Next month I may put in a picture in the plant of the month contest.

Soil is so easy Mystery! I have learned a lot about keeping the soil healthy with Docs brix method and I think the plants show it. Both the tent and the outside grow are showing it even though the tent was not originally a brix grow. I am going to stick to growing with Docs kit for awhile, which reminds me I have to get another kit soon. I will also be updating both of my grows today.
:circle-of-love:

Sixth Week: Sunday August 2nd
Temp: 72 to 92 degrees in the tent
RH: 36% to 59%
Lights on at 9 am and off at 9 pm

On Monday July 27th I gave all the flowering plants the Cat Drench, I hope I'm not too late in giving it. The swick was almost dry.
Thursday July 30th I sprayed them with the Brix Foliar because the directions did not say to leave off the foliar.
Then on Friday July 31st I gave them all the second Cat Drench and I will put water in the swicks on Monday.
They look a little dry today, Sunday. I surprised them with a photo shoot right after lights out.

So here they are in the tent.

012990.JPG

0111089.JPG

0101254.JPG

0081527.JPG

0071686.JPG

0052040.JPG

0042167.JPG

0032307.JPG

0022409.JPG

0012464.JPG

This is my photo report for this week. As always questions and opinions are appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom