Trim Or Not To Trim

BuzzDaddy

I know I'm full of questions so please bear with me. Attached are a couple of pics of my grow, I'm curious to know if I should trim the bigger leafs off the plant to insure that the new growth is getting adequate light? Please respond.
420-magazine-mobile82546799.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1375228381.jpg
420-magazine-mobile436645997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373203708.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks a bunch Billyjack. Yeah, I can't understand what you mean by wanting to do more than what is required. I'm just learning a bit about LSTing right now and trying to get as much bud as possible. I'll continue to LST and hopefully the pay off will be HUGE. Thanks bud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I agree with everyone else here.
You have a 600W HID light you don't need to worry about penetration with these ladies. Just let them bush out and do their thing.
Keep up the training, and possibly some topping just to give you more tops, but don't go crazy with the topping. They can get out of hand...LOL

You already topped twice, Then focus on training.
If you are bending them over the side branches will grow up and be tops also.

I forgot that you 12/12 to sex them then switched back to 18/6. Once they get back into veg mode you will be able to see the tops growing out.

BTW you don't have to top the tops while they are brand new growth. You can let them grow out a little bit then it is easier to see where you are clipping/pinching.

hey buzz good work she is doing great u can either keep it flowering or if u want to grow her bigger keep her vegging. but keep in mind that she will double in size during flowering and does her stretch. what strain is she? looks like a sativa/indica mix.

alchemist about the topping, I hear you! I topped and fimmed my plant I am growing now too many times and she is overwhelmingly too bushy lol.

hey buzz good work she is doing great u can either keep it flowering or if u want to grow her bigger keep her vegging. but keep in mind that she will double in size during flowering and does her stretch. what strain is she? looks like a sativa/indica mix.

alchemist about the topping, I hear you! I topped and fimmed my plant I am growing now too many times and she is overwhelmingly too bushy lol.

:thumb: Exactly once you switch to flower plan on at least double in size or more!

Xave420 I didn't plan for the stretch. If you look at my journal and look and the underside of my ladies you will see Pheno #1 has several dozen branches. I have been selectively removing them and only leaving the best forming tops. I still have a few dozen left but will still probably thin out a few more branches that are just not keeping up and developing like the rest.

Back
Top Bottom