Trimming & cloning

Thanks! I need the encouragement with this being my first grow, I always think I am on the verge of killing them lol. Jk man
You are on the verge of killing them.
Overstimulated is just me being very uncomfortable when she touches me. It's only when I am high and trying to go to sleep. It's like my touch receptors are on overdrive.

Yeah, I have a few 65+ day sativas that I am going to try crossing with longer flowering timmes in hopes to cut them down.

I am in the process of finding someone with a press so I can press my trim and maybe my popcorn buds. I already have someone who is going to lab test potency.
I love peanut butter chocolate chip cannabutter cookies..Mmmmm and the effect last twice as long as smoking.

These must be your late ones. A lil behind the others. There a thread here with pics that will help you with plant issues and bugs. Click Here Let's see what you come up with.

I just saw this post.

All of these plants were planted at the same time give or take a week. These are the only plants I have so yes, indeed they are my late ones.

I am wondering how I should trim this plant.
P1030451.JPG

I usually remove the dead/dying stuff so those fan leaves will be removed. However, the diagonal growth below that(I removed these fan leaves already) is crazy long and I am of two minds with it. Remove it so it can focus upwards or keep it for harvest purposes in hopes they produce something.
P1030452.JPG

Same plant a little further back so you can get an idea of the bigger picture. The fan leaves that are dying are the second node fan leaves. I am debating removing the first node diagonal growth as stated above. If I remove that I would probably remove node 2 and three completely also. That would leave for a very bare bottom plant so Idk if it is ideal right now as I have no idea what the canopy is going to look like yet.
P1030453.JPG
P1030454.JPG

These last two are for big picture of what the plant looks like as a whole.

Its cool to remove those old damaged leaves. As far as the others. My rule is only if they are shading out a growth from below. Leave as many as you can but don't be overly timid either. They all look fantastic...good job

It is only in a five gallon pot so that will be the size restraint. As for neighbors being concerned, I am not sure about the people directly behind me but I am pretty sure the people next to me grow too and if they don't they know I smoke and don't seem to bothered so I doubt they'd care if I was growing. The neighbors on the other side can't see them so unless the smell gets their attention and they come into my yard they won't know.

As to trimming I figured I would just let it do it's thing and cut whatever dies. I may have to bring it inside before it finishes because I started super late so I was thinking of what it may need to look like for the tent. I try to keep the fan leaves from blocking the diagonal growth but as it continues to get bushy I may have to cut the lower diagonal growth unless it's better to cut the upper because the lower is older and I assume will produce buds if it is going to before the upper diagonal growth.

It's a baby! Idk how old I stopped counting because there's not a whole lot I can do with it past let it grow. I started really late so I will have to bring it inside when the weather changes(hopefully around 2 - 3 months. It could still be vegging then LOL. Unless the seasons make it flip but even if they do it won't be long enough to finish). I figured the top is ideal but I really have no clue as to if one is better than the other (branches/diagonal growth vs the top) so I thought I'd ask. It's roughly 6 weeks but probably closer to 4.5 - 5. It had a rough start! I can get into that if you'd like =]

I will keep this is mind for the future as I plan on cloning.Take from lower branches or the top. Thanks!

Is one better than the other? I will probably use the tops once I start topping plants. This season was not the one to try any of that stuff as it's my first grow.
Just a tip, according to Edd Rosenthal, you should quit fertilizing your mother plant a few days before taking cuttings so your cuttings put their energy into roots instead of trying to grow more leaves.

If your not size constrained or limited or worried about others seeing your plants then do not prune outdoors unless completely necessary.They will yield more if left alone in the billion watt hps in the sky.
I hope I live to see the day all people have the right to do what you do. I look at your outdoor stuff and man you make me want to grow a small tree in gh. I have about 8ft to work with in height.

Just a tip, according to Edd Rosenthal, you should quit fertilizing your mother plant a few days before taking cuttings so your cuttings put their energy into roots instead of trying to grow more leaves.

Thanks for the execellent info! I have been debating buying his book. I saw his thougts behind germinating annd was like wow this guy goes deep but I haven't bought it. That makes total sense but I doubt I would have ever thought about it. I making bnote of this in journal so I can hopefully remember.

I hope I live to see the day all people have the right to do what you do. I look at your outdoor stuff and man you make me want to grow a small tree in gh. I have about 8ft to work with in height.

Move to any state it's legal in. Hopefully all follow suit very soon. Maybe covid will spur serious thought. It makes bank from tax (it's 35% - 25% for legalization not sure if it's state or fed(I hope state as the feds seem to be very aggressive about trying to stop it from being grown, that has subsided quite a bit) and 10% sales where I live)but I have no clue where that money goes(let's not make this into a political topic I am not interested).

After going to a legal state read the rules, generally it's under a certain number of plants, make sure it's private(not in your front yard basically), make sure your landlord doesn't care (read your lease, you can typically find a lawyer to press the subject if need be) and you should be good.

As to your green house idea I say go for it. Depending how far away your neighbors are decides if you need some sort of air filtration(I have no clue when it comes to this stuff) but one plant should be okay even if it's large as long as your neighbors aren't like 10 feet away from the green house. You could probably get away with three or four maybe even six. Just don't tell anyone, friends included.

Move to any state it's legal in. Hopefully all follow suit very soon. Maybe covid will spur serious thought. It makes bank from tax (it's 35% - 25% for legalization not sure if it's state or fed(I hope state as the feds seem to be very aggressive about trying to stop it from being grown, that has subsided quite a bit) and 10% sales where I live)but I have no clue where that money goes(let's not make this into a political topic I am not interested).

After going to a legal state read the rules, generally it's under a certain number of plants, make sure it's private(not in your front yard basically), make sure your landlord doesn't care (read your lease, you can typically find a lawyer to press the subject if need be) and you should be good.

As to your green house idea I say go for it. Depending how far away your neighbors are decides if you need some sort of air filtration(I have no clue when it comes to this stuff) but one plant should be okay even if it's large as long as your neighbors aren't like 10 feet away from the green house. You could probably get away with three or four maybe even six. Just don't tell anyone, friends included.
My current grow is a gh. w/ 18 nobody near. Some folks dont have the resources to move so the poor are denied access. Damn shame it is.

My current grow is a gh. w/ 18 nobody near. Some folks dont have the resources to move so the poor are denied access. Damn shame it is.

I don't have the resources to move either man. We moved to Cali eight years ago and if it wasn't for my gf sister we couldn't pay rent and feed ourselves. Same for her sister. Housing is crazy exspensive out here! We moved out here because she wanted to be closer to her sister. I agree with you about the poor not having access to just general things to live. It's pretty sad.

Bro if you have that set up in your gh rn and no one around I wouldn't worry about letting a few plants grow tall. I would however amend the soil with a few bags of good soil first. Preferably organic.

I don't have the resources to move either man. We moved to Cali eight years ago and if it wasn't for my gf sister we couldn't pay rent and feed ourselves. Same for her sister. Housing is crazy exspensive out here! We moved out here because she wanted to be closer to her sister. I agree with you about the poor not having access to just general things to live. It's pretty sad.

Bro if you have that set up in your gh rn and no one around I wouldn't worry about letting a few plants grow tall. I would however amend the soil with a few bags of good soil first. Preferably organic.
This is merely a budget...get some herb in the house grow. Better mediums will come with less numbers. Loading up 18 7gal grow bags and another 20-40 2gal bags for my soon to be clones would break the bank with fancy soil but It's working for now. Limping along is better than no moving at all.

@JimJonesJr

Look around for Malibu Compost Baby Bu's Potting Soil. It may not be shipped out there(assuming you are on the east coast - I forget) but it's a quality product and it's like 20$ a cubic foot, around 7.5 gallons. Not the most cost efficent but there are lesser products being sold for much more.

Also build a soil may be of benefit. They are out here though so maybe google something similar to where you are? You can always make your own, there are a ton of recipes around.

Another option would be start a soil a build it as you have the funds. Take 6 - 12 inches of dirt from somewhere add some compost and mycorrhizae - let it sit for around thirty days and top dress as the cycle runs it's course. Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium - you may need to add sulfur, silica, calcium, magnesium etc. Maybe get the soil tested so you know what it has right now and amke sure it is free of organisims that could prove detrimental. The states ag dept may do it for free - they do here or maybe a co op will do it for cheap.

If there are farms near by I assume the famers would let you take their cow poop for free or bring it to you for a small fee. That would be compost essentially. Ofc you would need to let it sit in the sun so it can break down and you would need to add some other organic material. Earth worm castings are great choice as long as they are from a legit source not force fed inert food.

Take a look at build a soil just to get an idea of what it takes to do it and I am sure you will come up with your own ideas for things that will work for you as you know what is around you better than I along with finances.

Back
Top Bottom