Tropicana cookies auto

Justblazegas420

420 Member
I used ocean forest soil 66% perlite my plant is 19 days I’ve been using nothing but ph 6.2 water. The deficiency came from light burn. Im wondering when should I start feeding it nutrients

IMG_6215.jpeg

Hey justblaze, so I agree with starting feed now if not soon. Your using Ocean Forest soil which as just the soil provides food for 3-4 weeks to what ever is planted in it... However you said you added %66 perlite.... So in theory there is less nutrient rich soil....aka less nutrients for the plant to eat. The plant has already shown signs of a deficiency... Im going to guess calcium or cal-mag due to the rusting on the leaves. I would suggest a full feed following the instructions and add a dose of cal-mag also per instructions.

the deficiency came from light burn I had my lights to close
The brown color on the leaf can be caused by the light being so close that it caused the leaf to start showing signs of burning. But the light burn itself does not cause a deficiency even if it is the same color. That might be what is throwing you off.

...I used ocean forest soil 66% perlite...
I am trying to build up a soil mix based on what other growers are using and am curious why you went with 66% Perlite for your blend.

The brown color on the leaf can be caused by the light being so close that it caused the leaf to start showing signs of burning. But the light burn itself does not cause a deficiency even if it is the same color. That might be what is throwing you off.

I am trying to build up a soil mix based on what other growers are using and am curious why you went with 66% Perlite for your blend.
From what I was reading ocean forest soil is really hot which cause some growers seedlings to burn. So they added lots of perlite to cool the soil and add plenty of airflow

From what I was reading ocean forest soil is really hot which cause some growers seedlings to burn. So they added lots of perlite to cool the soil and add plenty of airflow
Ocean Forest is hotter than happy frog, but the NPK of OF is .30%, .45%, .05%,. I plant seeds directly into OF, no issues. I do reccoment adding extra perlite, but I add about 15%, 66% is a LOT!

Light burn typically effects the vegetation closest to the light. Your issue is definitely a deficiency. I would start feeding, what is your plan for feeding?

This deficiency is similar to an issue I had last year.

What does rust fungus look like on cannabis?

e8a_smI-L3Hy-i7gnn0zImoVtNyObcBux-I5Bg8m9JNWPRHQ&s.jpg

As the name suggests, rust spots are spots on your cannabis plant, most leaves, that appear to be rusty — reddish-brown in color and sometimes coarse to touch. There are a few causes for such rust spots, such as: Rust fungus. Magnesium or calcium deficiency.

Rust spots on vegetative cannabis plants also tend to occur for the same reasons: rust fungus, too much nutrition, or not enough calcium and magnesium

Back
Top Bottom