True Newbie

Welcome to the forum @Sunshine21 :welcome:
I am setting up my grow tent before my seeds arrive. I had to put a humidifier in the tent to bring the level up. Do I leave it on constantly?
Thanks
I couldn't answer that :hmmmm: I haven't had to run one in the 15 years I've been growing :passitleft:

I am setting up my grow tent before my seeds arrive. I had to put a humidifier in the tent to bring the level up. Do I leave it on constantly?
Thanks
In my personnel experience you should never put the humidifier inside your tent but everyone
has to learn,,, it is easier to control the humidity in your room the tent is in,, then to try and control
the humidity going through your tent, air exchange through the tent makes it twice as hard to control
the humidity so it will have to work twice as hard. I run both my humidifier and dehumidifier in the
room my tents are in, humidifier comes on at 40% goes off at 55%, dehumidifier comes on at 76 goes
off at 55% works well for me, you'll have to find the sweet spot for you...

How big is your tent? I'm assuming you will veg and flower in the same tent?

Get a couple cheap hygrometers to check against each other, they're not always very accurate. Once you are all set up with your lights and ventilation/circulation fans etc, run everything without the humidifier and see what your rh is like. Unless your space is very dry you may not need it.

What @Romeo7701 said is true about ventilation sucking the added humidity out of the tent. However a lot of people grow in the basement like me and you don't want to keep it moist down there haha.

I require high humidity in my tent because I have a bunch of tropical houseplants in there as well so I use a custom high output humidifier controlled by an Inkbird Humidity Controller to keep the rh consistent. If you do end up requiring added humidity I highly recommend the Inkbird controller.

I also have this Govee bluetooth hygrometer that graphs your temp and rh on your phone and can alarm you if it goes above or below a certain point.

How big is your tent? I'm assuming you will veg and flower in the same tent?

Get a couple cheap hygrometers to check against each other, they're not always very accurate. Once you are all set up with your lights and ventilation/circulation fans etc, run everything without the humidifier and see what your rh is like. Unless your space is very dry you may not need it.

What @Romeo7701 said is true about ventilation sucking the added humidity out of the tent. However a lot of people grow in the basement like me and you don't want to keep it moist down there haha.

I require high humidity in my tent because I have a bunch of tropical houseplants in there as well so I use a custom high output humidifier controlled by an Inkbird Humidity Controller to keep the rh consistent. If you do end up requiring added humidity I highly recommend the Inkbird controller.

I also have this Govee bluetooth hygrometer that graphs your temp and rh on your phone and can alarm you if it goes above or below a certain point.
I have a 3x3x7 tent. I have ordered the Govee hygrometer as well. I will veg and flower in this tent.

I tend to leave my fans on all the time. That's an exhaust, and an internal one or two. The rh I try to humidify the whole room, but sometimes just the tent. Everything's always on though, to different speeds to make what I want.
Thank you, I did leave the humidifier and fan on all night, turned the humidifier to a lower setting. Both temp and humidity are 71F/75% this morning.

In my personnel experience you should never put the humidifier inside your tent but everyone
has to learn,,, it is easier to control the humidity in your room the tent is in,, then to try and control
the humidity going through your tent, air exchange through the tent makes it twice as hard to control
the humidity so it will have to work twice as hard. I run both my humidifier and dehumidifier in the
room my tents are in, humidifier comes on at 40% goes off at 55%, dehumidifier comes on at 76 goes
off at 55% works well for me, you'll have to find the sweet spot for you...
Thank you, great advice. I will try the humidifier outside the tent.

No i do not have this
Here you go. Check it out. Take the temp on one side and rh on the other and meet in the middle. It should be in the good zone for the phases of growth.
1609769113142.png

Back
Top Bottom