Tugafox 1st Indoor Grow - Soiless Mix- Money Maker - Grow Journal 2014

Congrats Fox...

Thanks BAR!
:passitleft:
As you said in your last answer to me at your journal, which I appreciated a lot (saw it but, as usual, many pages after, lol, I do this 420 thing in a really Zen way):
Am now enjoying the fruits of my labor ;)

Loved "meeting" you and having you here, all your support is hearty appreciated.

:circle-of-love:

Best way to say goodbye folks,
a Peaceful night to all

QUICK_ONE_DRY_BUD.JPG

Quick One biggest bud dried

:byebye:

Royal Medic! Ah, the cream of my crop these days...

Oh yeah, I saw your lovely lady :goodjob:
I bet you´re gonna love her even more when she starts putting out loads of crystals and her wonderful aroma :yummy:
I think we got different phenos, it´ll be fun to see how yours will turn out.
I´m curious about the smoke effects too.

Happy growing!
:green_heart:

Oh yeah, I saw your lovely lady :goodjob:
I bet you´re gonna love her even more when she starts putting out loads of crystals and her wonderful aroma :yummy:
I think we got different phenos, it´ll be fun to see how yours will turn out.
I´m curious about the smoke effects too.

Happy growing!
Beemerbill grew one & chopped it early because of issues. But he said it was still good smoke.

Good night BAR,
After your comment here, i was curious about the "issues" (genetics or environment) so I went and read Beemerbill´s grow journal to see if I could find more info on the Royal Medic. I couldn´t find many details but, from what I´ve read, I think his RM was one of the plants he chopped earlier because of bud rot.
My RM that had the roots overgrowing the pot is now in late flower and the other 2 beans are still being trained in veg.
She´s producing airy buds...shhh :(. I think it´s mainly because of high temps we´re having here now.
Your nurse Bety is a different pheno from mine and she´s doing great. I sincerely wish yours does a better job for you than mine.
Meanwhile, I also harvested my WW auto and although she was a problem kid all along she was frostiness goodness ;)

Cheers!

I want to buy Neem Oil. I found these brands: Azaprot, Aingrow, Mighty Neem from Plagron, Protect Killer and Proneem which is neem extract flour.
Do you guys have experience with any of these brands? Which one should I go for?

Plus, is it safe to spray in flowering? Spray buds or not?
I´ve read it can effect bud´s smell and taste.

:thanks:

Neem Oil should not be sprayed on the buds otherwise the buds will absorb the Neem Oil.

Congratulations on your harvest!

Royal Medic
"Royal Medic is a new feminized hybrid of two great cannabis strains from Spain. Its genetics are a cross of Critical, known for its big yields, and Juanita la Lagrimosa, a strain known for its medicinal effects."

White Widow Automatic
"The White Widow Automatic is a new cross of a classic Dutch strain, White Widow, recognised by most smokers and growers as an absolute classic strain. We got our hands on a great clone of the original White Widow variety and crossed it with our finest autoflowering strains."

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com royal medic

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com white widow automatic

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

https://www.homedepot.com Mosquito Dunks 6 Pack

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-203

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Hi King John, thanks!
I appreciate you took the time to read my journal and suggest solutions to the issues I had during the grow.

Neem Oil ~ I ended up not buying or using it. I sprayed the plants with a natural remedy I found here at the forums (I think I linked to it in the posts).

Regarding Royal Medic ~ I currently have 3 plants of the strain and the kind of info I was looking for was a completed journal where I could see pictures of how the strain turned out in flower: plant structure, buds smell, taste, effects, etc.

Thanks to other growers here, I also learned about diatomaceous earth but once I can´t find it here I´m now using a top layer of sterilized beach sand.

I wish I could buy Promix locally, I checked and it´s very expensive to have it shipped here.
I follow some youtube channels of other growers and Promix is also what my fav. "teacher" uses.

After "Money Maker" harvest, I bought Cana Terra Professional, perlite, vermiculite, turfa, coco and worms humus. I mix it and that´s what I´m using now. The new plants I have now seem to like it and drainage is much better too.

I will surely apply all I learned here and am still learning at :420:

Once again, thanks a lot King for everything ( i do read your journals too) :thumb:

I just snapped a couple pictures of my White Widow Auto bud, harvested in 12th July, now curing in a jar. I will post the pics.

White Widow Auto from Royal Queen Seeds Bud:

WW_BUD_1.JPG

WW_BUD_2.JPG

Nice small clusters of dense flowers, pretty good for an auto-flowering. Lives up to the White family tradition of frostiness. So much that I didn´t trim most of the tiny dark green sugar leafs.
It would be great if you had "smeller-vision" as the fragrance is so intense and very distinct. A pungent smelly lady for sure, specially when finishing, mostly a sweet and flowery aroma.
Although this plant is a cross with 40% Indica/ 40% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis, the effects I felt after smoking are clearly "Sativa-ish" but not an overwhelming high - enough to keep me awake during the night but keep in mind that I´m very sensitive to Sativas.
This Ganja is like a candy, one is not enough, you want the whole box.
I would like to grow the non auto version of this strain in a near future.

Happy Growing!

:peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, Tugafox.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature to notify us.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Hi Fr3d,
Thanks buddy! It was good stuff, all gone now.
I spent over a week away, traveled to my hometown and had to stop the bloom tent but had some plants in veg that are now my current grow. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera in a family´s member house. I won´t make a new journal without pics. I will get my camera back, just not sure when. I still come here once in a while to catch up other fellow grower´s journals, like yours :)
Hope all is well for ya

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom