Turn over

rich England

I'M about to turn over my plants to 12/12 hours but someone has told me to leave the plants in complete dark for 24 hours to start the off, do you think this is a good idea ?

howdy midlander. =) on the south coast here =)

i see you have already flipped.
future reference. a plant is constantly making the hormone to flower, but light is constantly destroying it..and extended period of dark before 'the flip' as we call it here allowes those hormones to build up to flowering levels very quickly meaning that your 12/12 starts strong.
2-3 full days of pitch black may be worth up to a weeks worth of 12/12 time so its not a massive upgrade in flowering time but it does work.

Thanks for that m8, so will it do any harm to put them in longer periods of dark now that they have been on flip /turn for 4 days or do you recommend that i just keep on as they are.

I normally let mine sit in the dark for 36 - 48 hours before flipping. Helps the hormones build up in the plant. Supposed to make them flower quicker. All, I know is that my plants seem to do well when I do it. No reason not too do it ...... that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom