'Twas The Night Before 4/20 - Justin's Journal

So I proceeded to take my left over outdoor along with my trim from the indoor and made some gumby bubble hash. No bags needed just patience and a few household items.
This is what I had before drying:
420-magazine-mobile1072615984.jpg

And now rolled and drying:
420-magazine-mobile1271715741.jpg

So don't throw away your trim, rather get up off your ass and make something of it!!

Bru I have no idea, I'm open to suggestions. I may just wrap the garage up in a rescue blanket lol

lols, not sure what you can do if the space is limited. You cant run an ac / cooler in a separate section and just feed the air into the grow space? And the AC I got does a great job of cooling but strips the humidity of the room in mere minutes so it comes with its own problems

lols, not sure what you can do if the space is limited. You cant run an ac / cooler in a separate section and just feed the air into the grow space? And the AC I got does a great job of cooling but strips the humidity of the room in mere minutes so it comes with its own problems
I'll have a look into that. What puzzles me is when growing outdoor you have no control over the heat so what does one do then. Anyway I need to do a little research on my options and I'll revert back should I land on something that tickles my fancy. Other than that like you say a aircon that pushes through the box may be my only option.

Well my limited 2nd hand knowledge research says that the idea behind a grow room is that it's an almost lab like environment to grow in. You can control most of aspects of your grow in terms of light, atmosphere and feeding. So you can grow under different setups to get the results you want. Outside grows you have the best light and space but very little control over it. A great growing season results in great grows. A bad season means you try again next year.

Also the temps control story seems to come from 2 things: too high heat (30c + I'v read) and its slows or stops growth, during flowering lower temps (25c and down) help preserves terpines while higher temps mess them up. If you are doing extracts or growing for taste then lower temps is where its at. Again just what I've read.

I'll have a look into that. What puzzles me is when growing outdoor you have no control over the heat so what does one do then. Anyway I need to do a little research on my options and I'll revert back should I land on something that tickles my fancy. Other than that like you say a aircon that pushes through the box may be my only option.
I do full-sun & shade grows. The shade is a new project, due to terp evaporation & heat exhaustion for the girls over Dec/Jan. Shade girls are under a wild olive with an expansive canopy. They get direct morning & afternoon sun, but midday, when you boil alive in your skin-sack up here, they're shaded. I thought there would be some issues with stunted growth, but my 6 week olds there are looking better than the 2 1/2month olds in the full sun.
Also, i water in 2/3 sessions, depending on the temps. 1 early morning, soil soak & mist vegging girls, 11 am-ish (when possible & stupid hot) light soil soak, 4 pm-ish soil soak & mist. It's the correct ration of water meted out over 2/3 sessions, as not to be wasteful, and it also depends on the exact location of the plants, so it's very subjective, but it really helps when it goes 43°C for 3 straight weeks.
But yeah, get a fan & some ice cubes in a tray or something, unless you want to see boiled ganja on the cob.
What about insulation of some sort? Is that an option?

Well my limited 2nd hand knowledge research says that the idea behind a grow room is that it's an almost lab like environment to grow in. You can control most of aspects of your grow in terms of light, atmosphere and feeding. So you can grow under different setups to get the results you want. Outside grows you have the best light and space but very little control over it. A great growing season results in great grows. A bad season means you try again next year.

Also the temps control story seems to come from 2 things: too high heat (30c + I'v read) and its slows or stops growth, during flowering lower temps (25c and down) help preserves terpines while higher temps mess them up. If you are doing extracts or growing for taste then lower temps is where its at. Again just what I've read.
Yup, you have it right about evaporation of terps etc. Also correct about grow room = lab. What i've learned about research is that the more sense an idea makes, the closer it probably is to fact. Those insanely high thc% & silly fast optimum grow times are done in sterilised labs with serious tech & superboosters, climate control, up to the second regularity on feeds & lights. No way i could even hope to replicate their results in a refitted broom cupboard, you know what i mean. .

Cloth pots are supposedly good for lowering temps by evaporation through the pot, but it means watering every day for me. And I'm considering switching to a 40l pot for my last seed. Just to see what happens ;)
I'll have a look into that 2. A 40l pot is some monster bud, would that be a 40l fabric pot? Would be like carrying around a bag of cement if you need to move her around during the day. If I may ask how the hell is your girl surviving in the current winds we having?

Back
Top Bottom