'Twas The Night Before 4/20 - Justin's Journal

I'll have a look into that 2. A 40l pot is some monster bud, would that be a 40l fabric pot? Would be like carrying around a bag of cement if you need to move her around during the day. If I may ask how the hell is your girl surviving in the current winds we having?
Yup. Fabric pot. There's a place in kenilworth that stocks them & the soil I'll need. Wind is no issue really. Minimal leaf damage & it's heavy enough that it won't blow over like my previous grow

Yup. Fabric pot. There's a place in kenilworth that stocks them & the soil I'll need. Wind is no issue really. Minimal leaf damage & it's heavy enough that it won't blow over like my previous grow
The Horti shop, yeah I know them. They sell the freedom farms pots and soil correct?

I've used their premium soil for all my seedlings. They've all loved it. Maybe I just got a good batch.
Okay, well that's good to know because I was told not to by Derek from freedom farms. Suppose his just being cautious. I great soil non the less, it's what saved my last grow and got me some decent bud in the end.

I seriously need to do some shopping. Noticed new fan leaves starting to grow from one of my royale haze that I harvested. Could be revegging naturally, but the pot is too small. Need like 60kg soil & that 40l fabric pot for my last seed...

A pic of some of the new growth. Who knows? Maybe I'll get another harvest from this one... :D
140b0fdf901c44d766f45fb611acf655.jpg

It's on a plant stand my dad made many years ago
I actually left a lot of bud on the plant. Aphid carcasses on the plant that I just can't get rid of, right inside the buds. Washing only gets so much off . That new growth is in the middle of the plant.

I got myself some Ludwig's insect spray & didn't need to use it, a few cold days killed off the aphids for me. And also found a ladybug visiting my plants...

Don't use black plastic pots if you can help it especially when growing outside. I have 2 among my 8 and those 2 proper cook on hot days shame. Going to up pot to brown pots in the hopes it will reduce heat a bit. I already have the pots or I would probably have gone with cloth pots as well.

From what I have seen, Silica gives foliage a bit of a shine hence making them slightly reflective which in my mind could indeed help with heat dissipation. Maybe a more experienced grower can verify if there is any truth to this theory? Not to mention it strengthens cell structure which is beneficial to the fight against heat as well.

Don't use black plastic pots if you can help it especially when growing outside. I have 2 among my 8 and those 2 proper cook on hot days shame. Going to up pot to brown pots in the hopes it will reduce heat a bit. I already have the pots or I would probably have gone with cloth pots as well.

From what I have seen, Silica gives foliage a bit of a shine hence making them slightly reflective which in my mind could indeed help with heat dissipation. Maybe a more experienced grower can verify if there is any truth to this theory? Not to mention it strengthens cell structure which is beneficial to the fight against heat as well.
Hiya. Re black pots: agree, avoid if at all possible. If you are willing/able, drill a few holes around the pot. Instant air pot, dries out a bit faster (good because then you don't boil your roots), but if you could repot it would be best. ✌

Hiya. Re black pots: agree, avoid if at all possible. If you are willing/able, drill a few holes around the pot. Instant air pot, dries out a bit faster (good because then you don't boil your roots), but if you could repot it would be best. ✌

The holes are a good idea thanks MA, I should have thought of that earlier. I'm up potting those two this weekend to their final pots I think. I allowed them to get a bit root bound while I wait for others to catch up size wise and I think they are ready now.

:Namaste:

Hiya, J & friends!
How's the weather down in the Cape of Storms? Mom says there was some snow - enough to water the dry land a bit?

Hey Anna, yeah there was some snow on the high lying areas, I'm just not sure it will have a impact on the water levels much but we can only hope so.

Update:

Hey Guys and Gals, hope all is well in your part of the world.
So I've did my first actual defol during veg, last round there was just 2 much kak that the only defol happening was dying or dead leaves. This is how the ladies looked after the trim.
420-magazine-mobile1656992406.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89656556.jpg

420-magazine-mobile97663716.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1211797686.jpg

And after a week recovery:

420-magazine-mobile2112725256.jpg

Wake and Bake !!
Hope you all have a fantastic Sunday and it's only but a few more weeks till holidays !!!

Back
Top Bottom